Beware the Chicken McNugget

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

This is a lighthearted post.

As I am going through a semi empty nest syndrome..I was in cyberspace. I came across this article.

You live and learn. There is an addictive used in the Chicken McNugget that is used in making silly putty. Also, I learned the Chicken McNugget served in the UK are uglier in apperance than those served in the US.

You wonder why people are obese. It seems to reason that one would have a rather difficult time digesting silly putty.

Here is the link and article.
Not lovin' it: U.S. chicken McNuggets 'contain SILLY PUTTY chemical'

By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 4:37 PM on 2nd July 2010

'McNuggets' sold to American fast food lovers contain dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foaming agent used in Silly Putty.

They also have more calories and fat than those sold in the chain's British restaurants, according to a CNN study.
Four American McNuggets total 190 calories, 12 grams of fat and two grams of saturated fat. The equivalent portion in Britain clocks in at 170 calories, nine grams of fat and one gram of saturated fat.
Transatlantic tastes: McDonald's Chicken McNuggets contain more calories, fat and chemicals than their British counterparts
U.S. McNuggets also contain a petrol-based chemical called tertiary butylhydroquinone (tBHQ) as well as dimethylpolysiloxane. British McNuggets contain neither.
A spokeswoman for McDonald's put the transatlantic differences down to the local methods of food preparation.
Lisa McComb, McDonald's global media relations manager, said that in the U.S. McNuggets are coated and then cooked, while in Britain they are cooked and then coated.
The result, she explained, is that British McNuggets absorb less oil and have less fat.
Labeling also plays a part in giving nuggets sold in Britain the appearance of being healthier than those sold in the U.S., she said, as ground celery and pepper are listed on the American packaging as simply 'spices'.
'You would find that if you looked at any of our core food items, you'd see little, regional differences,' she said. 'We do taste testing of all our food items on an ongoing basis.'
Ms McComb added that dimethylpolysiloxane is used for safety reasons to prevent the oil from foaming.
Marion Nestle, a New York University professor and author of What To Eat, told CNN that tertiary butylhydroquinone and dimethylpolysiloxane in the McNuggets probably pose no health risk to consumers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...mical-calories-fat-Britain.html#ixzz0siv25nFP

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

:bismillah:
:salam2:

Thank you for the information and link sister
~May Allah swt reward you tremendously for this~Amin!

Happy The Holy Month of Rajab.

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

kayleigh

Oh, ew. Silly putty? I do my best to avoid fast food all the time, but sometimes it really hits the spot... lol. I haven't had chicken mcnuggets in years though.

azmirush

:salam2:
Oh no...don't really like fast food but then when you asked your son to buy you a decent lunch and he got you a mc chicken instead...and you had been waiting for your lunch for hours and tummy is rumbling...I just had it with guilt just to stop this growling of the tummy. Next time, got to get my own lunch myself I guess!

Sis Aapa, I heard that US is strict when it comes to food preparation and all that..

Got to stick to home cooking to be safe but then it's still not wholly safe actually..but at least it will minimize the unwelcome ingredients.

Suhel28

Student of Deen
I usually dont eat non-veg food outside my home. Its a risk even if the restaurant owner assures its halal, my heart just wont allow me to eat it but its hard to resist the temptation by by ALLAH's grace I somehow overcome it :)

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalaam walaikum,

Not lovin' it: U.S.

^:lol::lol::lol:....The McDonald companies probably got offended for having their "I'm lovin' it" changed to "Not loving it!":biggrin:

Thanks for sharing this sis Aapa, McDonald's food is not tasty at all, they just add weird things to make it taste good and man, don't even get me started on the amount of calories they got...but overall, I don't trust fastfood restuarants so i keep my distance from 'em:D:D:D

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum.

I don't know but I love me some sizzling hot french fries with the right amount of salt...( i've been living in the woods too long)..with a large sweet Dr. Pepper.

Silly putty...that did not make sense. However as fate would have it there is a McDonalds across the street, next to a Pizza Hut and a Hardees from the high school. And the BK is on the other side...on the way home is Taco Bell...and KFC. You would never believe where the kids go for a snack after school...and here I am saying sweet sons here are your veggies for a snack.

I guess I won't need embalming fluids in me...I have silly putty. ( I know we don't in Islam..just trying to be funny)

I can not answer the question about the US being strict. We have many laws and regulations...but we many lawyers who get around rules and regulations.

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

The fats, oil, chemicals ...InshaAllaah, people need to have habit of eating at home for health concerns.

kayleigh

I'm pretty sure the USDA or FDA or whatever is just as corrupt and ineffective as every other government agency on the planet. They make no sense - they ban drugs that could help cure diseases, yet they allow food and cosmetics and drugs that can and do cause cancer and other illnesses. Most fast food places use terrible quality meat with all kind of additives and harmful chemicals in them.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walikum,

Kayleigh..do not get me started on the FDA. They make no sense. And the whole thing about us being able to grow our own foods..FEMA getting thier grubby little hands in on it. I keep telling everyone I am going to exercise my second amendment rights.

When I was a teenager and I read that a very well know indgreident in bread was sawdust...I started to become skeptical. I was a Ralfph Nader fan. His Nader Raiders were one of the first consumer groups to shed light for the average person .

Now..this should get you going: AND THEY TAX US ON THIS POISON.

FreeMind.

Knowledge is Power.
I haven't ate Chicken Nuggets in years..
thanks for the info though, most of McDonald's foods is just
simply haram tbh anyway.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

No....you just broke my heart...not those golden hot crispy french fries...I fight with my sons for those. There is nothing like grabbing a handful of hot french fries as you steer your car with one hand and stuff your face with the other.