:( Big Change...

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
As-salaamu'alaikum,

Obviously since coming to Islam I have had to give up alot of my previous life. But one of the biggest things is that I had to end a three year relationship with my girlfriend. It's been slowly deteriating but yesterday it was finally finished (no more talking or anything, etc). I know this is the right decision because Allah (SWT) has told us not to have relationships outside of marriage and also because my girlfriend didn't believe God let alone want to convert to Islam. So I am fully aware that this was the right thing to do although I feel kinda down... I know Allah (SWT) is always testing us and I guess that was a test and also the way I feel now is a test but it's just weird because that was an important bit of my life, I have so many memories and stuff, it's gonna be hard getting past it. I have and will continue to make du'a to Allah (SWT) to make things easy for me and to help me but I just wondered is there anyone on here who has gone through a similar thing, seeing as there's a lot of reverts? Just some words of advice or wisdom would be much apprieciated :(

Wasalaam.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Wa alaikumussalaam warahmatullaah akhi,

I'd like to commend you for sacrificing her for the sake of Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala. Inshaa'Allaah you will be rewarded with something better or who knows Wallaahu a'lam she might embrace Islam. I have not gone through that but jsut remember that Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala does not burden a person he/she could not handle. So Inshaa'Allaah you will be ok.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

May Allah give you a better woman as your wife, inshAllah.
Dont worry Bro. A lot of brothers are going through the same thing as you...Lets strive hard to please Allah.

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

jaferomar

:salam2:
May Allah give you a better woman as your wife, inshAllah.
Dont worry Bro. A lot of brothers are going through the same thing as you...Lets strive hard to please Allah

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

Masha Allah brother glad to hear u ended with her for the sake of Allah insha Allah Allah will reward with the best for ur here and hereafter life insha Allah. Dont have any personal experiance as born muslim but can understand how hard it will be and insha Allah will c brother it will increase ur Iman more insha Allah and brother have mention above Allah not test any person beyond his strength. and make duwa to Allah insha and ask for the best for here and hereafter life. May Allah make things easy and fruitful for u. Ameen. Pls be rem me in ur duwas.

Jazak Allah.

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
JazakAllahu khairan for the replies, I know it was the right thing to do it's just a bit difficult at the moment... I hope Allah (SWT) makes things easy for me and helps me through it and all other people in the same position, ameen.

mohammeduk

Salam,

Welcome to the world of islam

Well, I am a born Muslim and to be quite clear about myself and relationship before marraige was that I had fallen in love few times being born brought up in UK and go through all sorts of peer pressure when your young

Many of the girls I dated and loved were muslims and still have memories after years, but most of the relationships had to end for one reason or another, but my main love was the one I wanted to marry but couldn't as my family would never would approve of her lifestyle so I had no choice but to end it all

I wish I had did this for Allah and no one else

You are lucky you did for Allah

Wa As salam

a_brother

Make dua for us all
JazakAllahu khairan for the replies, I know it was the right thing to do it's just a bit difficult at the moment... I hope Allah (SWT) makes things easy for me and helps me through it and all other people in the same position, ameen.

Asalamo alaikom brother

as you said "difficult at the moment", InshaAllah, you'll get past this moment :)

I would encourage you to attend masjid/mosque as often as you can, you'll feel comfort and peace there... you'll get to know more brothers and have activities out and in masjid (picnics, sports, dinners, lectures, ...)... learn as much as you can about our religion, Islam, you'll find ease in you life inshaAllah...

Salam my brother :D:)

Mairo

Maryama
Assalamu aleikum,

I am so very proud of you brother! I can understand that this is a very difficult time for you, but have faith in the promises of Allah. I just want to encourage you and remind you that Allah promises that for anyone who gives up something for his sake, they will be given even better than that in return.

As reverts we will constantly be coming across new things as we learn more about the religion, and will subsequently be required to give up old habits or traditions that we realize are contrary to Islam. This can often be a very difficult process, but if we keep in mind the reward promised by Allah for our obedience, the transition becomes much easier.

When I first reverted I was employed as an accountant at a real estate firm. But then I came to find out that working with riba/interest was strictly prohibited in Islam. I decided I needed to leave there ASAP, and began a job search immediately. As it turned out the very first job I applied for I was accepted, and it has been a great job, and I do not deal with anything haram at all.

I will make dua for you and hope that Allah will make this difficult transition easier for you. Remember to always turn to Allah in prayer and supplication, and you will be answered.

And here is some additional encouragement:

[39.20] But (as for) those who are careful of (their duty to) their Lord, they shall have high places, above them higher places, built (for them), beneath which flow rivers; (this is) the promise of Allah: Allah will not fail in (His) promise.
[39.21] Do you not see that Allah sends down water from the cloud, then makes it go along in the earth in springs, then brings forth therewith herbage of various colors, then it withers so that you see it becoming yellow, then He makes it a thing crushed and broken into pieces? Most surely there is a reminder in this for the men of understanding.
[39.22] What! is he whose heart Allah has opened for Islam so that he is in a light from his Lord (like the hard-hearted)? Nay, woe to those whose hearts are hard against the remembrance of Allah; those are in clear error.

May Allah make us steadfast and increase us in patience, and always be our Guide on the straight path.

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
:wasalam:

“Say: ‘Truly, my prayer, my sacrifice, my life and my death are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the World.’” (Qur’an 6:162)​

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
Assalamu aleikum,

I am so very proud of you brother! I can understand that this is a very difficult time for you, but have faith in the promises of Allah. I just want to encourage you and remind you that Allah promises that for anyone who gives up something for his sake, they will be given even better than that in return.

May Allah make us steadfast and increase us in patience, and always be our Guide on the straight path.

Salam Brother remember what this brother said. Also remember this

"The Strong times will past but on the Strong person will last"

Stay steadfast in prayer for this is your strongest weapon to give you the strength to make it during this time. Allah promised something better and we all know Allah doesnt break promises. Allah Akbar.

Salam Sister Amirah80

Shahzad

well done brother.

Just try to keep ur self a bit more busy as it will help u not to get engaged wid those waves ot thoughts