birthday??

jenny82

Assalalam Alaikum,

It is my birthday in two days time and as a revert i have chose to not celebrate it in the way i did before. My family have been understanding about it and just want to at least have a meal as a family and i have no problem with this this. But my friends whom i have known for a long time keep saying take off your scarf [hijab] for one night and have fun. I have explained to them the reasons i wear hijab and why i do not want to celebrate my birthday as i did before. Should i cut them off totally?

stranger786

Dream of His Slavery
:wasalam:

MAY ALLAH ease urs life and give u reward for urs good deeds.I suggest not to cut them off but just to convince them that you can not do this and explain to them.You can still have a decent gathering of friends like in eating outside where they can not ask any such thing because of environment around.

may Allah bless you and protect you .

visionusman

being content
If your friends take you away from your deen, then it would be best to stay away. However there is always hope. Maybe they might have a change of heart. Yet only you can decide whether they make it too hard for you or not. What ever you do, do not change your practices because of them. InshAllah Allah is with the sabirun. Patience is indeed a virtue.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

Concerning your friends, if you see them as bad influences then you should cut them off. However, if this isn't the case, there is no harm as long as they respect your beliefs as a muslims.

wasalam

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

Concerning your friends, if you see them as bad influences then you should cut them off. However, if this isn't the case, there is no harm as long as they respect your beliefs as a muslims.

wasalam

Ma sha Allah. Brother Abdul-Raheem took the exact words out of my tongue. May Allah bless you all.

aishamohamud

try to show them the hiday although Allah guides whom he wills , if they are sturborn and dont accept guidance then push them away because shaitan is on their side against u

jenny82

A few of my friends understand well maybe be not understand but they are starting to listen and accept so Insha Allah they see that Islam is the only way. The ones that try to get me to go back to drinking and such are the ones that i know i should stay away from but are also the ones i want to help

proud2bemuslim

ALLAH HU AKBAR

Keep up the good work sister and dont lose hope on your family and friends.

“Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious” [Sûrah al-Nahl: 125].

From this verse you can recognize the means and approaches that are most needed for you to achieve your objectives. Allah says that we must call people with wisdom. This requires that before we can call others to the truth, we must first acquire the knowledge needed to do so. We have to know exactly what is lawful and unlawful. We also need knowledge to recognize the condition of the person to be called and what suits him in order to advise him properly and effectively.

Beautiful preaching includes being kind and polite and avoiding harshness and rough treatment. Allah likes kind treatment and rewards it more than harsh treatment. Whenever kindness enters something, it beautifies it, and whenever kindness is absent from something, it will become ugly.

In order to argue in ways that are best we must present our arguments in the most proper manner with the strongest evidence. We must do so without exhibiting the least misconduct. Misconduct on our part would merely push the other person to become more resistant and arrogant. ultimately, he might spurn and ridicule what we are calling him towards.

Whenever we intend to guide people to righteousness and advise them, we must employ wisdom, beautiful preaching, and arguing in the best and most gracious manner. When we do so, we will find ourselves more sincere in our efforts. This will naturally make us more patient. It will help us to avoid getting angry and keep us from desiring revenge if we are abused by those whom we are calling.

Likewise, the person we are calling will feel that he is being respected and kindly treated. He will be more likely to abandon arrogance and relate to the caller. He will be able to see that the caller is only concerned with guiding him and showing him the truth. He will feel less pressure to have to maintain the upper hand and defeat his opposition.

You should know, may Allah increase your knowledge, that being kind to people is the most effective way in steering their hearts in a positive direction. So be good to your family in all possible ways. This includes offering a good word, a smile, assisting them in their needs, and giving them gifts.

Be careful not to feel despair because of the misconducts and wrong deeds of your family and do not abandon them. You have the right only to leave their company in the place where they gather to see or practice something forbidden, but do not do so elsewhere. You can only abandon the place but not the people. This is particularly so in your case, since you are talking about your closest relatives. It is a well-known principle in our religion that abandoning people is not preferable if it does not have a positive affect on them. If abandoning them will only increase their resistance and their engaging in misdeeds, then they may not be abandoned.

Your one or two unheeded attempts at advising them should not cause you to lose hope. This is what Satan would inspire you to feel. On the contrary, this should merely make you reconsider the way you are conducting your efforts. Maybe it is your failure to call them properly that is causing their unresponsiveness.

Look for some lawful alternatives to replace the wrong things they are doing, such as Islamic programs or other permissible programs that are available at bookshops. This is a successful way to help people who usually find no other way to fill their time.

May Allah guide you in your efforts.

abdullah1111

:salah: asslamoalaykom

dear sister in Islam if they keep encouraging you cut them of,Allah will replace them for you.:astag:
Assalalam Alaikum,

It is my birthday in two days time and as a revert i have chose to not celebrate it in the way i did before. My family have been understanding about it and just want to at least have a meal as a family and i have no problem with this this. But my friends whom i have known for a long time keep saying take off your scarf [hijab] for one night and have fun. I have explained to them the reasons i wear hijab and why i do not want to celebrate my birthday as i did before. Should i cut them off totally?

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Assalalam Alaikum,

AssalaamuAlaikum Sister,

If your friends would have a feeling of shame then they whould just not be able to answer your one question. And that question is:

Will you take the panaltay if Allah SWT writes this act in the sins?

Nobody can take the sins of the other. These same friends will be running away from you and each of them will only be worried about herself, not even her parents or children.

They have already bought sins by making an attempt to bring you more closer to hell, But Allah's blessings that you did not listen to them.

Now the question arises, should you break with them. I think you can better judge if your friends are of good character or appearing good with bad character. The only scale to know the piety is the Taqwah/Quran. But if you live in an environment where no better friends are available then you should not break with them. But keep on inspiring them.

At first people react awkward, then either you bend towards them self and leave your stance or they have to gradually be inspired and sometimes confess that they were wrong.

Make friends, for Allah's sake. Keep Friends for Allah's sake. And if you break any then that is also for Allah's sake.

Wassalaam,
VE

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Assalalam Alaikum,

Wa Alaykum Assalam.........

1st: unwearning Hajjab is a sin

(see: Verses and hadeeth about Correct Hijaab and Ruling on covering the face, with detailed evidence )

.... due to that don't obey anyone to take off your Haijab
the Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), There is no obedience to a created being if it involves disobedience of the Creator”(reported by Ahmad, 1041; a saheeh hadeeth)

2nd: Celebrating birthdays is not allowed
it's a kind of bid’ah ( innovation in religion)
because it involves imitation of the Christians and other kaafirs. And in the second and third cases there is imitation of the kuffaar.

The evidence in the Qur’aan and Sunnah indicates that celebrating birthdays is a kind of bid’ah or innovation in religion, which has no basis in the pure sharee’ah. It is not permitted to accept invitations to birthday celebrations, because this involves supporting and encouraging bid’ah.
Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Or have they partners with Allaah (false gods) who have instituted for them a religion which Allaah has not allowed…?”
[al-Shoora 42:21]

“Then We have put you (O Muhammad) on a plain way of (Our) commandment. So follow that, and follow not the desires of those who know not. Verily, they can avail you nothing against Allaah (if He wants to puish you). Verily, the zaalimoon (wrongdoers) are awliyaa’ (protectors, helpers, etc.) to one another, but Allaah is the Wali (Protector, Helper) of the muttaqoon (pious).”
[al-Jaathiyah 45:18-19]

“Follow what has been sent down unto you from your Lord, and follow not any awliyaa’ (protectors, helpers, etc.) besides Him. Little do you remember!”
[al-A’raaf 7:3]

According to saheeh reports, the Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does something that is a not part of this matter of ours (i.e., Islam) will have it rejected” (reported by Muslim in his Saheeh);
and
“The best of speech is the Book of Allaah and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The most evil of things are those which have been newly invented (in religion), and every innovation is a going astray.”
There are many other ahaadeeth that convey the same meaning.

Besides being bid’ah and having no basis in sharee’ah, these birthday celebrations also involve imitation of the Jews and Christians in their birthday celebrations. The Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, warning us against following their ways and traditions: “You would follow the ways of those who came before you step by step, to such an extent that if they were to enter a lizard’s hole, you would enter it too.” They said, “O Messenger of Allaah, (do you mean) the Jews and Christians?” He said, “Who else?”
(Reported by al-Bukhaari and Muslim).

The Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.”

Fataawa Islamiyyah, 1/115
As Muslims, we celebrate only two ‘eid (festivals): ‘eid ul-fitr (after the end of Ramadhan), and ‘eid ul-Udh-ha, the day of the greater hajj (pilgrimage). During these two festivals, we offer felicitations, spread joy, and entertain children. But more importantly, we offer remembrance of Allaah's blessings, celebrate His name and offer the ‘eid salaat (prayer). Other than these two occasions, we do not recognize or celebrate any other days in the year.

Of course, there are other joyous occasions for which the Islamic shari’ah dictates appropriate celebration, such as gathering for special meals during weddings or on the occasion of the birth of a child (aqeeqah). However, these days are not specified as particular days in the year; rather, they are celebrated as they happen in the course of a Muslim’s
.....(see:Islamic holy days and special occasions ).....

any of these things which are intended as rituals or acts of worship aimed at drawing closer to Allaah or glorifying Him in order to earn reward, or which involve imitating the people of Jaahiliyyah or any other groups of kaafirs, is a prohibited bid’ah, an innovation which comes under the general meaning of the hadeeth: “Whoever innovates something in this matter of ours (Islam) that is not part of it, will have it rejected.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim).
i leave u in care of Allah..

<wasalam>

ur brother in islam, islamicfajr