Bits of food left in the teeth of the one fasting

maestrouzy

Answer: Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan said: If the fasting person wakes up and finds any bits of food between his teeth, this does not affect his fast, but he has to spit out these bits and get rid of them, and that does not affect his fast unless he swallows them.

If he deliberately swallows any bits that are left between his teeth, this invalidate his fast.

But if he swallows them because he is not aware of the ruling or because he forgets, this does not affect his fast. But the Muslim should be keen to clean his mouth and teeth after eating, whether he is fasting or not, because cleanliness is required of the Muslim.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
:salam:

I almost fell foul of this one time, but now I learned to be more careful to clean my mouth in Ramadan then other times, in shaa Allah.

Jazakallah khairan for sharing this

anisafatima

The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: He who gives food for a fasting person to break his fast, he will receive the same reward as him, except that nothing will be reduced from the fasting persons reward." [Ahmad, at-Tirmidhee, Ibn Maajah, Ibn Hibbaan, Saheeh].