Boston Bombing Suspects Are Muslim?

Koke

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/19/boston-bombing-suspects-muslim_n_3116299.html

Today while completing my chores and going about my business, I had the television on for background noise (just so the house wont be quiet). The news caught my attention when the anchor said, "the suspects for the Boston Bombing appear to have Islamic ties which may explain their motive...".

Disgusted, I turned the TV off. Of course the blame would be on Islam and not on the individual's actions. Whether these men were Muslim or not, their religious affiliation does not provide an excuse for their actions. If a serial rapist is Christian, would people then say that person's actions are due to him being a Christian? I highly doubt it.

Cariad

What is so very sad is the fact that people lost their lives, one a child, in a pointless act of violence. Does it really matter if the perpetrators where muslim or not?

I'm thinking the reason why the serial rapist who may call himself christian, does not rape because he believes God wishes him to do so ... but out of badness of mind to satisfy his base instinct. At that moment he commits such a deed he ceases to be a Christian at heart.

The young men who detonated the bombs were muslims, their motives may or may not have been motivated by religion. Even if they say they did this for religion it does not mean all muslims are like these men. When people do bad they should not use religion as an excuse.