BOYCOTT DENMARK

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i find it interesting that many of the people here are from the UK, US, and other european places and they're bashing these nations. why are you living there then? seriously, if middle eastern countries are better, why are you in the west? make hijrah first, then talk bad about the west. it seems so hypocritical. you say all these bad things, using the rights of a non muslim nation, but you know that you could never criticize the nations in the mid east without facing imprisonment or death.

we're all upset about some cartoons and a teddy bear. but we aren't saying anything about the discord in our own ummah. people aren't returning salaams because of race, people aren't standing close in the lines because they don't wanna stand next to a pakistani brother, pious brothers can't get married because they're too black, our kids are growing up knowing nothing about islam:astag: we need to be boycotting that!
:wasalam:

tabaria

you're missing the point. if you boycotted every country that ever produced something anti-islamic, you would boycott every country in existence. why should i as an american suffer from a boycott for something that i had no part in? protesting people's actions is probably the better thing to do.

Tell me one time protests have ever done anything. They don't. That's the one thing muslims seem to be able to do. Just run out in the street and yell. When they can actually get their voices out much more effectively by just not buying certain things.

It would in fact be in the muslims benefit if they did boycott all products and rely on themselves to produce their own goods. By which i mean very high tarrifs and creating a free trade zone between all muslim countries. Of course having other people to do the work is always a lot easier.

Fact is, muslims live under colonial rule. Both politcal and economical. All governments in the Arab world are puppets. All arab governments even that of saudi arabia are either entirely or partially secular. Every border is artificial ans a source of weakness. Until people realize this, their is no hope of advancing.

the best thing would b to jz close their consulate in every muslim country....but then our countries leaders r too corrupt n this would never happen......the 1st thing we should do is too bring the righteous people in power...not people like musharraf or hosni mubarak..........and then we can talk bout boycotting....i mean whats the use of boycotting their products cause theyve already been bought by our muslim countries....those products in the supermarket didnt come for free they were bought n now if a few dozen of us boycott them its actually no use.....so we should 1st get the rite people in power n then counter attack those lozers!
:shake:

califmuslimah

I wouldn't boycott Germany though...

There are so many people in Germany who are becoming Muslim, Alhamdulillah! So if we boycott Germany we might hurt our brother and sisters there. Just a thought...

But we could boycott Denmark for a little while just to make a point that no one should be disrespectful of our Prophet(saw).

sajjuaiah

As-salaam alaikum,

"BYCOTT DANISH PRODUCTS".
A least you can do is to kick their products.

Bro & Sis, i think it is very important for all muslims to bycott denmark products, to teach them lesson.

When you met to our beloved prophet muhammad (S.A.W) in yaum ul-qiyama.
What you will say?

O propet of Allah i have enjoy eating "Danish products" even they insult you?

Do you think he will be happy?

Jazakmullah Hu-khairan.

warda A

Sister
excuse me...

Why are you people generalizing?
Most Danish people i suppose are ok. In each and every race, or religion you are going to find zealots, or whatever name you would call them, so why should we give them more ammunition to insult muslims,
When the time of rasoulullah there was a boycott as a means to destroy him, what did he do? he was just patient, so we should practice to be patient, furthermore what good will boycotting do?
We the people living in the middle east practically depend on those products,
what will happen if we cannot get milk for our children? prices get hiked products disappear from the shelves and for what purpose?
We can fight that kind of anti islam propaganda by us being good muslims and trying to defend the rasoulallah through stories of his life, make films, write books , send pamphlets, and do sit ins and just showing good examples or just ignore and see the story die.
Remember in the end everyone will answer for themselves even those same zealots.
Boycotting is wrong , think of the repercussions.

A Kashmiri

DENMARK- THIRD WORLD COUNTRY ( Who says boycott doesnt work)

Thought to share this with you all.....

• Denmark Claims Third World Status
• Written by: Hamzah Moin
• The country of Denmark has filed for Third World Status due to the recent boycott of Denmark products by the Muslim world. Although most nations don't use the first, second, third world classifications anymore, Denmark's Prime Minister Anders Fug Rastamuffin wishes to bring the label back due to Denmark's crippled economy.
• "Gosh golly, I didn't know the cartoons would piss the Muslims off this much," said the Danish Prime Minister, "it was almost as if the entire Muslim world put away all their differences overnight and united in the wake of these cartoons."
• Jyllands-Posten, a Danish newspaper featured several offensive cartoons of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) last September which has angered Muslims not only in Denmark, but around the world. In retaliation, Muslims boycotted Danish goods, crippling the Danish economy to show displeasure. Salman Hassan, leader and main organizer of the Danish Boycott Movement, is one of the most vocal Muslims when it came to the massive boycott. "I've been boycotting any product that supports Israel so I have experience in stuff like this" he said.
• It was Mr.Hassan who compiled the list of Danish companies and distributed the "Don't support these Danish companies" flyers around the internet and various mosques. Many were quick to point that some companies on his boycott list weren't even Danish like Kinder, makers of the infamous chocolate egg with a toy inside. "Oh I just put Kinder on because I hate the fact that I keep getting stupid jigsaw puzzles instead of those cool mini-cars..." explained Hassan, age 45.
• Mr. Hassan's son, Kamran (8), destroyed his entire Lego collection. "I saw my dad's boycott list and Lego was there so I did what any Muslim would do... I threw all my Lego pieces into the toilet and flushed them. Take that Denmark!"
• Jafar Syed, another berated Muslim over the cartoons, took the boycott one step further. He decided to include American goods in his list as well. "Prophet Isa (AS) has been portrayed very negatively in the American media too ... he's our Prophet as well and I think fair is fair by boycotting American goods as well". Syed has not bought anything since he announced the American goods boycott. It is reported that he eats grass to sustain himself.
• Denmark however cannot sustain itself by eating grass. The country is so poor, that neighbouring countries use Danish people for cheap labour. The entire economy has collapsed since the boycott and thousands of workers are out of work. Jyllands-Posten

I firmly believe we should boycott Danish products.If we do this to the entire product range that is sold - Industrial / Consumer products etc and hurt their economy more, it will be an eye opener to all the western countries and i am sure they will think twice before they try to do these shameful acts. It is non violent way of demonstration and struggle.

Also we should not stop only boycotting the products but we should do our best to spread that Seerah of our beloved prophet, who is mercy and a guide to all humanity...

q8penpals

Salam

My point in this conversation was simply - boycott the newspapers and publishers of Denmark - do not buy their work, do not visit their websites.

And as for people who mention boycotting other nations - in this global society, boycotts in general do not work like they used to. Let's say, for example (THIS DID NOT HAPPEN, I AM MAKING AN EXAMPLE - so don't pass on any incorrect rumors), so, let's say the CEO of NIKE makes some Hugely Anti-Islamic speeches and all Muslims decide to boycott NIKE products. The people who will be hurt the most are in the 3rd world countries where the products are made (Vietnam and others) - so, boycotting NIKE for the words of it's CEO could put poor Vietnamese workers out of a job.

Why don't the Muslims in Denmark push to have the editor of the newspaper that publishes the cartoons FIRED!? The Muslims in Denmark should Definitely be boycotting the newspapers and publishing companies that published the cartoons.

Boycotts, to work effectively, must be specific and have a reasonable chance of success. Just blanket boycotting all Danish goods - honestly, I don't know what (other than dairy) Denmark exports, and even so, it oculd be like the US that there are Danish companies that outsource, so then you are not even hurting Danes.

As for what else to do, what about organized protesting (lke with nice organized marches, posters, sit-ins as well as boycotting the newspapers) rather than destructive, violent protesting? I mean, seriously, when the cartoons were published the last time, and certain Muslims made all the news channels (even the Kuwait local news crew got into the filming, not just the news channels of the "evil west") because they acted like a bunch of animals, it was embarassing to me as a Muslim. How am I supposed to tell people that Islam is a religion of peace when Muslims go insane and violent like that? They are making life harder on all of us.

What WOULD Prophet Mohammad do in this case? I do not know the answers, but I feel pretty confident that He would not turn it into a violent, destructive event.

As a matter of fact, I think that writing well versed, documented letters to the editor (from all over the world) explaining the situation as grown-ups (as to why we are insulted by the cartoons - especially when we Muslims do not protest when other Prophets are insulted or made fun of), would be more effective to bridging the gap between Muslims and those uneducated about Islam.

Sorry, I got a bit long-winded, and maybe a touch side-tracked, but I just get frustrated...

Lana

Hsoldier

Selam aleykom wr wb

I have already started boycotting danish products and I tell all my friends to do the same. These people worship money so this is the best punishment for them with allahs swt help!

q8penpals

DENMARK- THIRD WORLD COUNTRY ( Who says boycott doesnt work)

Thought to share this with you all.....

• Denmark Claims Third World Status
• Written by: Hamzah Moin
• The country of Denmark has filed for Third World Status due to the recent boycott of Denmark products by the Muslim world. Although most nations don't use the first, second, third world classifications anymore, Denmark's Prime Minister Anders Fug Rastamuffin wishes to bring the label back due to Denmark's crippled economy.
• "Gosh golly, I didn't know the cartoons would piss the Muslims off this much," said the Danish Prime Minister, "it was almost as if the entire Muslim world put away all their differences overnight and united in the wake of these cartoons."
• Jyllands-Posten, a Danish newspaper featured several offensive cartoons of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) last September which has angered Muslims not only in Denmark, but around the world. In retaliation, Muslims boycotted Danish goods, crippling the Danish economy to show displeasure. Salman Hassan, leader and main organizer of the Danish Boycott Movement, is one of the most vocal Muslims when it came to the massive boycott. "I've been boycotting any product that supports Israel so I have experience in stuff like this" he said.
• It was Mr.Hassan who compiled the list of Danish companies and distributed the "Don't support these Danish companies" flyers around the internet and various mosques. Many were quick to point that some companies on his boycott list weren't even Danish like Kinder, makers of the infamous chocolate egg with a toy inside. "Oh I just put Kinder on because I hate the fact that I keep getting stupid jigsaw puzzles instead of those cool mini-cars..." explained Hassan, age 45.
• Mr. Hassan's son, Kamran (8), destroyed his entire Lego collection. "I saw my dad's boycott list and Lego was there so I did what any Muslim would do... I threw all my Lego pieces into the toilet and flushed them. Take that Denmark!"
• Jafar Syed, another berated Muslim over the cartoons, took the boycott one step further. He decided to include American goods in his list as well. "Prophet Isa (AS) has been portrayed very negatively in the American media too ... he's our Prophet as well and I think fair is fair by boycotting American goods as well". Syed has not bought anything since he announced the American goods boycott. It is reported that he eats grass to sustain himself.
• Denmark however cannot sustain itself by eating grass. The country is so poor, that neighbouring countries use Danish people for cheap labour. The entire economy has collapsed since the boycott and thousands of workers are out of work. Jyllands-Posten

I firmly believe we should boycott Danish products.If we do this to the entire product range that is sold - Industrial / Consumer products etc and hurt their economy more, it will be an eye opener to all the western countries and i am sure they will think twice before they try to do these shameful acts. It is non violent way of demonstration and struggle.

Also we should not stop only boycotting the products but we should do our best to spread that Seerah of our beloved prophet, who is mercy and a guide to all humanity...

Salam

I hope you realize that the "article" you posted was just a story written as a satire and is COMPLETELY MADE UP. It is showing what the person would LIKE TO SEE HAPPEN if the Muslims of the world could get rid of their own disagreements and come together to DO something, not what has happened already.

When you post made-up information, you should definitely point that out. If you were not sure it was made up, your should do fact checking. A simple search would let you see that the name the author used for the Danish Prime Minister is not even correct - it is a funny take on the name. (FYI, the Danish Prime Minister is Anders Fogh RASMUSSEN - perhap a letter writing campaign to him might help.)

Please be careful when you post from the internet that you are not confusing people any more than they already are!

Lana

warda A

Sister
sister Lana

Salam

My point in this conversation was simply - boycott the newspapers and publishers of Denmark - do not buy their work, do not visit their websites.

And as for people who mention boycotting other nations - in this global society, boycotts in general do not work like they used to. Let's say, for example (THIS DID NOT HAPPEN, I AM MAKING AN EXAMPLE - so don't pass on any incorrect rumors), so, let's say the CEO of NIKE makes some Hugely Anti-Islamic speeches and all Muslims decide to boycott NIKE products. The people who will be hurt the most are in the 3rd world countries where the products are made (Vietnam and others) - so, boycotting NIKE for the words of it's CEO could put poor Vietnamese workers out of a job.

Why don't the Muslims in Denmark push to have the editor of the newspaper that publishes the cartoons FIRED!? The Muslims in Denmark should Definitely be boycotting the newspapers and publishing companies that published the cartoons.

Boycotts, to work effectively, must be specific and have a reasonable chance of success. Just blanket boycotting all Danish goods - honestly, I don't know what (other than dairy) Denmark exports, and even so, it oculd be like the US that there are Danish companies that outsource, so then you are not even hurting Danes.

As for what else to do, what about organized protesting (lke with nice organized marches, posters, sit-ins as well as boycotting the newspapers) rather than destructive, violent protesting? I mean, seriously, when the cartoons were published the last time, and certain Muslims made all the news channels (even the Kuwait local news crew got into the filming, not just the news channels of the "evil west") because they acted like a bunch of animals, it was embarassing to me as a Muslim. How am I supposed to tell people that Islam is a religion of peace when Muslims go insane and violent like that? They are making life harder on all of us.

What WOULD Prophet Mohammad do in this case? I do not know the answers, but I feel pretty confident that He would not turn it into a violent, destructive event.

As a matter of fact, I think that writing well versed, documented letters to the editor (from all over the world) explaining the situation as grown-ups (as to why we are insulted by the cartoons - especially when we Muslims do not protest when other Prophets are insulted or made fun of), would be more effective to bridging the gap between Muslims and those uneducated about Islam.

Sorry, I got a bit long-winded, and maybe a touch side-tracked, but I just get frustrated...

Lana

You are quite write, instead of boycotting the products that we need, and making millions of people loose their livelihood, the muslims in Denmark to stand up and be counted.

Boycott the newspapers, maybe those publishers will realize something will realize there is also freedom of readership!
Islam is about limits, you cannot go giving people unlimited freedom like that, there are limits that should never be breached whatever the cliche.
Freedom of expression .............

aisha-uk

salam alaikum

i agree that we shouldn't boycott.. Danish muslims do stand up for themselves, but they just get humiliated in return.. In several cases they've taken people to court, but i have yet to see them successful. This is not only regarding the cartoons, but as a whole.. Come on when there is so much racism in the government itself, how will they ever succeed?

Also if all the muslims in the west made Hijra to a muslim country, who would then give dawah in the west? Beside there is no country, u can call islamic country, no country follows sharia to it's full, so why make hijra? often these muslim countries aren't that much better then the west...

A Kashmiri

Dear Q8..... ( I didnt memorized your name)

Well in Gulf alone, Arla food whcih is the biggest ( Conusmner goods) company in Denmark lost $1.5 Million a day when they first published the pictures.

Consumer Boycott

A YEAR ago, Arla Foods of Denmark was so confident of the potential to sell more dairy products in the Middle East that it switched production of processed cheeses from its home country to Saudi Arabia, where it had already been making dairy foods for 20 years. With regional sales of DKr2.9 billion ($465m), Arla already had the Middle East's best-selling butter. Its goal was to expand and double sales by 2010. “We've been here so many years now we believe the authorities consider us a local dairy,” an Arla official said at the time.

Apparently not. Decades of hard work by Arla have been wrecked in the past two weeks as it has been hit by a boycott of Danish products throughout the Muslim world. The company is losing $1.8m a day, and its products have disappeared from store shelves.

http://www.economist.com/business/displaystory.cfm?story_id=E1_VVDQDVT