Brunei's ruler claims to be a Muslim who respects Gods laws...

Abdul-Halim265

(Update: the views I expressed in this post previously were rather ignorant. Shar'ah is the only way forward. I ask Allah SWT to forgive me).

Last edited:

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Assalamaliekum warahmatullahi wabrakatuhu,
Brother, Stoning to death (for person who was married) is the prescribed punishment for adultery in sharia, Whats wrong if he want's to implement Shar'i law in his country?
May Allah aid rulers of muslim countries and give them taufeeq to establish law of Allah azzwajal on earth. It doesn't matter matter what these people think, Indeed who is more knowledgeable and just concerning rights than our creator?

As far his personal life is concerned, we should not try to delve into that. It may be possible that he did not commit what is being attributed to him, It may be possible that he may have repented if he did so and indeed is allah is most oft-forgiving and merciful.
See: http://www.eaalim.com/download/index.php/blog/entry/insulting-fault-finding.html
(Specially the part on elaboration on meaning of word عوراتهم in hadeeth.)

Abdul-Halim265

Brother, Stoning to death (for person who was married) is the prescribed punishment for adultery in sharia, Whats wrong if he want's to implement Shar'i law in his country?
May Allah aid rulers of muslim countries and give them taufeeq to establish law of Allah azzwajal on earth. It doesn't matter matter what these people think, Indeed who is more knowledgeable and just concerning rights than our creator?

As far his personal life is concerned, we should not try to delve into that. It may be possible that he did not commit what is being attributed to him, It may be possible that he may have repented if he did so and indeed is allah is most oft-forgiving and merciful.
See: http://www.eaalim.com/download/index.php/blog/entry/insulting-fault-finding.html

Allah knows best. In fact I'm glad if this is truly his intention.

Last edited:

Precious Star

the concern is the double standard. I think I posted another article on here once about how the family owns a large yacht that they have named "Tits", a derogatory term for a woman's breasts. Hence, it is extremely hypocritical to punish someone under their interpretation of Islam (the Quran endorses lashes for adultery, by the way, not stoning) while showing their citizens that by behaving unIslamically they will escape punishment simply because they are rich.

We totally have to delve into his personal life. If someone with questionable character is trying to implement Islamic laws, then how can we have any reassurance that this person will do so in a just manner?

muzafar_qadir

You don't have to endorse barbaric punishments (especially when the truth is unclear) based on the rule of cynical dictators, especially in this instance. The problem is that this man claims to be following the Quran and Sunnah, yet Brunei has a history of being a brutal dictatorship, with the elite enriching themselves at the expense of the poor, and using brutal repression against them. How are such men qualified to implement the Sharia, when they often don't even follow Islam very well themselves, but merely pay lip service? None of us are perfect in following Allah SWT, but it doesn't make serious transgressions excusable.

"We should not try to delve into that" - why not? A ruler should be accountable to his people. Just because he calls himself a just ruler, doesn't make him one. Did the people choose him, or did he put himself at the top of the pinnacle? *One family has ruled for 600 years.* Is it not likely that he's cynically using God's law to further his own power? Just because he implements Sharia for everyone but his own clique, doesn't mean he's above scrutiny.

But jazak Allah khair for your response; I always find it interesting to discuss these issues :)

Abdul-Halim265

the concern is the double standard. I think I posted another article on here once about how the family owns a large yacht that they have named "Tits", a derogatory term for a woman's breasts. Hence, it is extremely hypocritical to punish someone under their interpretation of Islam (the Quran endorses lashes for adultery, by the way, not stoning) while showing their citizens that by behaving unIslamically they will escape punishment simply because they are rich.

Shari'ah is the only way forward, for sure.

Last edited:

Abdul-Halim265

Some of the views I expressed on this thread previously were views expressed in ignorance, when I was new to Islam. I ask Allah SWT to forgive me, and for all my brothers and sisters on here to have patience with me in light of my previous ignorance. Allah's shari'ah is the only way forward. Jazak Allah khair.

Last edited: