Buna ziua,

Ranya2009

Am nevoie de sfaturile dumneavoastra.
Eu sunt romanca/ortodoxa. Tatal meu vitreg este musulman. El este din Somalia insa locuieste de foarte multi ani in Romania. Astazi am aflat ca tatal lui (bunicul meu) a murit. Din motive de sanatate tatal meu nu se poate duce in Somalia la inmormantare.
Intrebare: ce pot face eu pentru tata? Tinand cont ca el este musulman iar eu ortodoxa si nu stiu obiceiurile...cum il pot ajuta? este ceva ce ar trebui sa fac in afara de a-i fi aproape? Eu locuiesc singura. Astazi cand ma voi duce la el si la mami (ortodoxa si ea) ar trebui sa ii spun ceva diferit sau sa ma imbrac intr-un fel sau sa duc ceva special?...nu stiu...va rog ajutati-ma.
Multumesc.

I have been asked by a member of this forum to write my post in english also to recieve more helpfull answers.
Here it is:
I need your advice!
I am a romanian girl/orthodox. My step father is muslim. He is from Somali but for many years he lives here in Romania. Today we've got a call from his relatives from Somali and they told us that his father died. Due to health problems he can not attend the funeral.
Question: What can I do for my father? Since i am christian I dont know what they do in situations like this one. I have read your posts about the funerals. But I want to know what can i do to help him. Is there anything I should do or say besides beeing here for him? Should i wear something else than regular clothes? Should i give him something special? I dont know....Here in Romania we wear black clothes when someone dies, we give flowers to his/her family, etc. Even if we do not share the same religion I still wanna do for him things that muslim people do in these situations cos I respect him and his religion very much.
Thank you in advance for your answers.

Um Abdur Rahman

Sclava lui Allaah
Buna

Bine ai venit pe Turntoislam draga noastra
Uite sheikh Assim al Hakeem ti-a raspuns :

First of all, we thank you for your consideration and warm feelings and I invite you to accept Islam as it is your only way of salvation and peace of mind.

As for your step father, you should only be modest in your clothes as there isn’t anything special to wear or a special color. You can also pray for his father by saying: may Allah expand your reward and make your deceased destination the highest of Paradise.