Cake!

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
I love cake. And here's a recipe I made one from recently

Orange, Carrot and Nut Cake

(note: all measurements in imperial/metric. Americans - work it out for yourselves)

Ingredients

For the sponge batter

100g (4oz) butter
175g (6oz) caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp grated orange rind
2 eggs, lightly beaten
75g (3oz) raw carrot, finely grated
50g (2oz) chopped walnuts
1 tbsp orange juice
225g (8oz) self raising flour
pinch of salt

For the filling/toppiing

50g (2oz) of butter (unsalted preferred)
100g (40z) cream cheese
50g (2oz) icing sugar

Method

1: The batter

Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Beat in the cinnamon and orange rind. Gradually add the eggs beating well after each addition. Stir in the grated carrot, shopped nuts and orange juice. Sift the flour and salt together and fold into the creamed mixture.

Turn the batter mix into a greased 20cm (8") cake tin lined with greaed greaseproof paper and smooth the top. Bake in a warm oven (160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3) for 45 to 55 minutes or until a skewer poked into the middle comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.

2: The icing

Cream the cream cheese, butter and icing sugar together. Pretty simple.

You can either put the icing on top and decorate it with some chopped walnuts or cut the cake in half horizontally and put it between the halves. I prefer the latter but YMMV :)

Insha'Allah no one dies of food poisoning :D

Sister_X

Jazzak-Allah Khair bro. inshaAllah i will try it today.... i use to be a lousy cook, but i have came to the conclusion that all i needed was time in the kitchen. Now not only do i cook, people actually eat my cooking..hmm i'm thinking i should go pro. Anyway, does anyone else want to share another recipe? Chef-boi-R-D(aka Mohamed_A) can u?

salaam