cakes

saima11

:salam2:

can anyone please give me any tips on how to make cakes soft and fluffy mine usually are very heavy.so i just have been using cake mixtures out of packet:shymuslima1:
please someone :SMILY176:

:wasalam:

muslimahindeen

:salam2: Hey sista they are loads of cake recipes u can try from scratch to get nice fluffly cake .....i never use packet mixtures i prefer to make my own Inshallah i 'll post some recipes but for now why don't u go on Hersheys .com they have load of superb mouth watering recipes it's my Favourite.......

good luck baking wsalsam

saima11

jazakallah sister:SMILY139: .
i never would have thought off using something from a packet, but my cakes were not good at all. inshallah i will get better at cakes.
:SMILY259: :wasalam:

umm hussain

i used to be so terrible at baking, i attempted to bake some muffins once and my son thought it was chicken lol...., a muffin should not look like chicken so i stuck to those cake mixtures till I discovered this baking book with all different recipes it was only the beginning of this month that I attempted to bake again and hey presto. They were actually edible and I am being actually asked to bake some more.

I almost want to try everything in that book, the novelty has not warn out yet.

saima11

thanks for that its nice 2 know im not the only one not good at cakes even though you are better at them now

saima11

:salam2: Hey sista they are loads of cake recipes u can try from scratch to get nice fluffly cake .....i never use packet mixtures i prefer to make my own Inshallah i 'll post some recipes but for now why don't u go on Hersheys .com they have load of superb mouth watering recipes it's my Favourite.......

good luck baking wsalsam

jazakallah for this website it is really good:hijabi: :blackhijab:

umm hussain

help

when they say a cup of .... on a recipe. How much is a cup. Considering they are different cup sizes and some of us are just beginners in this baking 'business' that is what confuses me in some recipes and also, All purpose flour, is that the plain flour.

I find baking with the book I have a lot easier i guess because it is baking really made easy they speak in a language I can understand e.g milliliters, grams etc

zainab

I add one cup of natural yoghurt to the other ingredients and cook as normal. It makes the cake lovely and soft.

Hope it helps

Your sister in Islam, Zainab

:wasalam:

saima11

when they say a cup of .... on a recipe. How much is a cup. Considering they are different cup sizes and some of us are just beginners in this baking 'business' that is what confuses me in some recipes and also, All purpose flour, is that the plain flour.

I find baking with the book I have a lot easier i guess because it is baking really made easy they speak in a language I can understand e.g milliliters, grams etc

i understand what u mean by a cup i thought it was just me. i had to and buy a special set of measuring cups.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
I never knew how to make cakes, until I learnt from my mom. I asked her how did she learn, well from her mom..
Not just getting time to work out my cooking skills.
Interesting to cook by measuring stuffs.Sorry did not mean to offend anyone.
wa/salam

happy 2 b muslim

i make killer cakes

assalam alaykum

have you got a wisker it helps alot , first put eggs 4 then add sugar wisk then add self rising flour then add butter then wisk if hard mixture DONT add water add milk i hear people add water then they say i have a hard cake well. Then cook enjoy if you like have pineapple at the bottom then put brown sugar on the pineapples then put mixture on the pineapple there you have upside down pineapple cake.
hope that helped

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
i make killer cakes

assalam alaykum

have you got a wisker it helps alot , first put eggs 4 then add sugar wisk then add self rising flour then add butter then wisk if hard mixture DONT add water add milk i hear people add water then they say i have a hard cake well. Then cook enjoy if you like have pineapple at the bottom then put brown sugar on the pineapples then put mixture on the pineapple there you have upside down pineapple cake.
hope that helped

Oh I like this too. cake is really one of my fav

muslimahindeen

yum yum my fav choc cake

Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake
Ingredients:
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1-2/3 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/3 cups water
1/2 cup finely crushed hard peppermint candy(optional)
ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING(recipe follows)
Additional crushed hard peppermint candy(optional)
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans or one 13x9x2-inch baking pan.

2. Combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl; beat on high speed of mixer 3 minutes. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder; add alternately with water to butter mixture, beating until blended. Add candy, if desired. Pour batter into prepared pans.

3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.

4. Frost with ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING. Just before serving, garnish with peppermint candy, if desired. 8 to 10 servings.

ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
2-2/3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Beat butter in medium bowl. Add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency (additional milk may be needed). Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.

CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES: Fill paper-lined muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) 2/3 full with batter. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes; cool. Frost. About 2-1/2 dozen cupcakes.