Can I continue my story?

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Assalamu alaykum warahmatullah

Ramadan Kareem!!
I hope everyone is doing well.

I've started my second novel, Alhumdulillah. Well, I'm not exactly done the first but I got tired of it so I stopped.

I wanted to know if it's alright to use my time working on my novel during Ramadan. I dont wanna finish writing the first one because the story has nothing to do with Islam but the second one, which is called "A running water tap", is a story about a Muslim girl who discovers the hard life that some people have living in a poor Muslim country.

So yeah...do you think it would be a waste of my time?

Here is what I've wrote so far by the way. Its only a few lines lol. If its terrible then tell me pleeeaaaase :)

"A RUNNING WATER TAP

I CLOSE THE WATER TAP FIRMLY.
I wait.
Another drop of water falls out.
Taking a glimpse at my own palms, I notice red, open blisters. I’ve been standing here beside the kitchen sink for several minutes now; attempting to close the water tap tightly enough to prevent drops of water from falling. But hardly any seconds after, I witness another big drop splash into the sink. I cup my damaged hands and hold it beneath the tap. With each fall of water that I catch, I whisper to myself, “This goes to Zaina.”"

Wsalaam

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:

if its related to muslims, then why not? also you have created a sense of curiosity thru those lines :D

pls copy-paste the complete story if possible. :)

Abdul25

Logical Believer
Walaykumu salaam

Thanks for the replies.

I'm so happy you like my story! Sadly, thats all I wrote.

:salam2: :D

looks to be a very good story, i am a very good reader and i hope that you will complete it as soon as possible as i cant wait to read the whole story :lol:

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
:D ukhti u knw i told u to keep writing :D lol keep em coming ;) and hey :p still waiting fr da next chaps of the 1st story :lol: send em soon:D
:wasalam:

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Assalamu alaykum

I wrote more! Only because you guys wanted to hear more. Keep telling me that you like it (even if you dont) because then I'll keep writing :)

Ohh and I sort of changed the beginning.

I CLOSE THE WATER TAP FIRMLY.

I wait.
Another drop of water falls out.
Taking a glimpse at my own palms, I notice red blisters. I’ve been standing beside the kitchen sink for several minutes now; attempting to close the water tap tightly enough to prevent water from leaking. But hardly any seconds after, I witness another big drop splash into the sink. I try again, despite my damaged hands. A sharp pain arouses as they slip, tearing off the frail skin. Forcing my eyes to avoid looking at the wound, I grab a pair of yellow gloves lying on the counter. Slipping them on, I try yet again.
My hands don’t slip this time but the water doesn’t stop leaking. When the sad truth hits me, my heart gives in and tears from my eyes join the water drops trickling down the drain. I cup my damaged hands and hold it beneath the tap. With each fall of water that I catch, I tearfully whisper to myself, “I’m sorry, Zaina.”

BACK IN PAKISTAN, too much usage of water was a massive problem. Water wasn’t accessible to everyone, and if it was, you wouldn’t find it clean. My mother’s family used to reside in a city where water wasn’t available at your own fingertips. There was just one water tap outside their home and it had to be shared among all the dwellings. I recall seeing my aunt lined up amid other women and young children in a scattered row, waiting to have her turn at the water. When the line would clear up and she’d get to the water, she would fill up large, heavy buckets and bring it home for all of us to use for numerous months until it ran out. I remember sitting on my big rock outside the house, enjoying the sweet taste of Kulfi, and watching my aunt fill up buckets of cold water. She would crouch down on her feet and drape her long Sadaar, scarf, around her neck, making sure a drop of water or dirt from the ground didn’t touch it. I would laugh when, in the end, she’d pull the buckets home, along with her wet Sadaar dragging against the soiled pavement. “It’s so clean.” I'd mock.
Thankfully, most of my family lived in wealthy cities in Pakistan and there wasn’t too much worry about this. But I would love staying at my aunt’s house because Zaina was there. She would come when the sun peeked out from the mountaintops and leave when it would disappear and color the sky a bright pink. She wasn’t related to me but we were close enough to share one heart.

Wsalaam

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

as bro above told, keep writing.....:)

sh. yasir qadhi once told that we all love to hear stories. and he was right.

btw, seems the girl in the story is a real girl in a real life :rolleyes:

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Assalamu alaykum

This is funny. I'm like the worst writter ever, but I see such nice comments. Thank you so much! It boosts my confidience :)