Can I talk to Allah SWT about anything?

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

I ask this because sometimes I feel that the problem(s) or subject(s) that I have is not really important so I feel that Allah SWT will just ignore this problem of mine because Its only a minor problem. Is this right the way im feeling? Does Allah SWT ignore certain problems that a believer might have because its only a minor problem ?

OneSquared

Ya Elahi!
salam alykum.
you have a good question and Allah subhanahu wa taala hear all your words and aware of all what happen to you.

وإذا سألك عبادي عني فإني قريب أجيب دعوة الداع إذا دعان فليستجيبوا لي وليؤمنوا بي لعلهم يرشدون

"When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them), I respond to the prayer of every supplicant when he calleth on Me, let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me: that they may walk in the right way.”

[Al-Baqarah: 186]

wa salam alykum.

:ma: This is the exact response I was about to put.

Islam!!yay

Islam!!yay:

Of course you can talk to Allah SWT about anything. And of course you will be wasting your time. Have you noticed how believers always preface everything with "Allah willing . . ."? That means that if you pray for something and it happens, Allah was willing, and if it doesn't happen, Allah wasn't willing.

So basically, you are wasting your time asking Allah anything. Try this experiment: Ask Allah a question, and then ask a cat the same question. Let me know if you get the same answer or different answers. If the answers are different, which answer do you think is better?

There have been a number of scientific studies showing that intercessory prayer doesn't work at all. A far as I know they were all 'Christian' type prayers, so maybe that isn't so surprising. Do think any Islamic organization would be interested in sponsoring such a study? And how would believers react if the study showed that prayers to Allah were as ineffective as prayers to Jesus?

why dont you screw your life somewhere else!!!

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Islam!!yay:

Of course you can talk to Allah SWT about anything. And of course you will be wasting your time. Have you noticed how believers always preface everything with "Allah willing . . ."? That means that if you pray for something and it happens, Allah was willing, and if it doesn't happen, Allah wasn't willing.

So basically, you are wasting your time asking Allah anything. Try this experiment: Ask Allah a question, and then ask a cat the same question. Let me know if you get the same answer or different answers. If the answers are different, which answer do you think is better?

There have been a number of scientific studies showing that intercessory prayer doesn't work at all. A far as I know they were all 'Christian' type prayers, so maybe that isn't so surprising. Do think any Islamic organization would be interested in sponsoring such a study? And how would believers react if the study showed that prayers to Allah were as ineffective as prayers to Jesus?
It is Allah that tests us, WE DO NOT AND SHOULD NOT even attempt to TEST ALLAH. We are his creation and slaves, we must obey His rules and not make conditions to our Lord. It is through His mercy that He forgives us and answers our prayers...

Christians, well my personal opinion... don't get me started.

......................................................................................
Brother Islam!!yay
It is a duty to make dua to Allah, an obligation, a form of ibaddah (worship.)
If Allah delays your dua, it doesn't mean He is ignoring you, but it means that he loves you (too many reasons to lists) one or two reasons are:
1. He forgives your sins during the time that you wait for your prayer to be answered.
2. He loves to hear you asking Him for things, because he loves a voice of a patient believer. :D Not because he thinks its not important.

Is this a bad thing? May Allah answer all our prayers.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
It is Allah that tests us, WE DO NOT AND SHOULD NOT even attempt to TEST ALLAH. We are his creation and slaves, we must obey His rules and not make conditions to our Lord. It is through His mercy that He forgives us and answers our prayers...

Christians, well my personal opinion... don't get me started.

......................................................................................
Brother Islam!!yay
It is a duty to make dua to Allah, an obligation, a form of ibaddah (worship.)
If Allah delays your dua, it doesn't mean He is ignoring you, but it means that he loves you (too many reasons to lists) one or two reasons are:
1. He forgives your sins during the time that you wait for your prayer to be answered.
2. He loves to hear you asking Him for things, because he loves a voice of a patient believer. :D Not because he thinks its not important.

Is this a bad thing? May Allah answer all our prayers.

well said brother osman. may Allah reward you.

Islam!!yay

Osman_93 writes: "It is Allah that tests us, WE DO NOT AND SHOULD NOT even attempt to TEST ALLAH. We are his creation and slaves."

These are the mindless words of a true slave and of someone who refuses to think for himself. Is it fun being a slave? Or would you rather be a free man? I suppose it is not so surprising that slavery is endorsed in the holy Quran.

If you are so certain of the 'reality' of Allah, why are you afraid of testing that 'reality'? People who seek the truth are not afraid of testing hypotheses. You, Osman_93, are clearly unwilling to put your perception of 'reality' to the test. If you were certain in your belief, you would welcome the test! Obviously, your belief is very weak, because you fear what the test would reveal.

I'd love someone to close this thread

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Osman_93 writes: "It is Allah that tests us, WE DO NOT AND SHOULD NOT even attempt to TEST ALLAH. We are his creation and slaves."

These are the mindless words of a true slave and of someone who refuses to think for himself. Is it fun being a slave? Or would you rather be a free man? I suppose it is not so surprising that slavery is endorsed in the holy Quran.

If you are so certain of the 'reality' of Allah, why are you afraid of testing that 'reality'? People who seek the truth are not afraid of testing hypotheses. You, Osman_93, are clearly unwilling to put your perception of 'reality' to the test. If you were certain in your belief, you would welcome the test! Obviously, your belief is very weak, because you fear what the test would reveal.

You are victim/slave of your own thoughts. I have to say that meaning of "Being Slave to Allah" is beyond your extremely limited intelectual Mr. or Ms. cemophora.

You do not believe in Allah............Fine. We all do believe and we are VERY MUCH pleased to be HIS slaves. Allah's existance is the biggest reality as per our FAITH and of which you are absolutely unaware of....You worship you own thoughts and We worship Allah alone....

Say, "O you disbelievers.

"I do not worship what you worship.

"Nor do you worship what I worship.

"Nor will I ever worship what you worship.

"Nor will you ever worship what I worship.

"To you is your religion, and to me is my religion."

Noone can guide whome Allah has misguided.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
No, BinteShafi, I do not worship my own thoughts. I seek the truth. Seeking the truth means thinking for oneself, not enslaving one's mind to superstition. Believers, on the other hand, do not seek the truth, they are afraid of the truth. They refuse to put their beliefs to the test. They find that testing their beliefs requires too much thinking, which makes their heads hurt. It is so much easier for believers to simply obey turban-headed old men. No thought required at all!

Good to hear that you seek the truth. However I do not agree with the definition of "Seeking the truth" you have given. I am happy atleast you call us believers....as I call you a disbeliever. Believers are not afraid of truth rather thay are fortunate enough to be aware of the truth.

To me you are a very good example of being superstitious who believe that believers blindly obey turban-headed old man LOL..... Here you need to put your superstitious thoughts on test Mr. cemophora. I am astonished at your lack of knowledge and then talking about "putting beliefs to the test". You need to have atleast some basic knowledge before asking someone to test their beliefs.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
No, BinteShafi, I do not worship my own thoughts. I seek the truth. Seeking the truth means thinking for oneself, not enslaving one's mind to superstition. Believers, on the other hand, do not seek the truth, they are afraid of the truth. They refuse to put their beliefs to the test. They find that testing their beliefs requires too much thinking, which makes their heads hurt. It is so much easier for believers to simply obey turban-headed old men. No thought required at all!

A slave to Allah does not mean a western man whipping a black man.

[yt]PCtyDu5g5XQ[/yt]

Isra

aka Tree2008
Good to hear that you seek the truth. However I do not agree with the definition of "Seeking the truth" you have given. I am happy atleast you call us believers....as I call you a disbeliever. Believers are not afraid of truth rather thay are fortunate enough to be aware of the truth.

To me you are a very good example of being superstitious who believe that believers blindly obey turban-headed old man LOL..... Here you need to put your superstitious thoughts on test Mr. cemophora. I am astonished at your lack of knowledge and then talking about "putting beliefs to the test". You need to have atleast some basic knowledge before asking someone to test their beliefs.

As salamo alaikome.........

BinteShafi...........if you were here right now I would hug you tight my sister. I LOVE this response.......you were able to hold your composure against someone who is obviously trying to stir up some fire.

I am so proud to be called your sister in Islam...........may Allah reward you for your most eloquent answer!!!! I for one am totally impressed! :SMILY346:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
I was giving an example, I didn't want a history lesson. No, I'm not aware of that, and I don't know why I should believe you, I will research it myself.

Islam and Slavery (MUSLIMS - not Arabs, are ment to treat slaves really well) : http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31326&page=15

Are you here to learn or create arguments? because I have better things to do.

"And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, "Indeed, I am of the Muslims."
41:33

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

masha Allah check this video out, it will restore your faith in Allah and i hope it helps. May Allah swt increase your faith amiin.:)
Bilal Asad

[yt]58g-ZNWxv20&feature[/yt]

safiya58

hi,

everybody has a diffrent understanding of freedom. you may define freedom as "to do whatever you want without beeing bount to rules"... but there is one thing you don´t understand we the muslims do not only believe in Allah but we also love HIM. and that´s why it is an honor to be HIS slave. Islam is not guiding its followers with violence and chains to obedience but through love.

you know why the brother and every other believer would never test Allah? bec we know without any small doubt that what we believe in is nothing but the truth and when you are convinced sth is true why you need to test it...? this is as stupid like when I try to convince you it is harmless to walk in an area which is infested chemical... well would you then try it and walk?

what about your believe? You are seeking the truth can you give us a garanty about what will happen after death? can you garanty that heaven and hell is not existing? and what is the sense of life? what is the truth why we are created? have you allready find answers to this questions?

May Allah guide you to the straight path brother....

OsMaN_93

Here to help
-In A naration, According to Islamic teachings, once Jesus('Isa), peace and blessings upon him, met Iblis [Satan] and Iblis said, “Is it not true that only what has been decreed will happen?” Jesus replied, “That is true.” Then IblÏs said, “So throw yourself down from the top of this mountain, and let us see if you live or not!” Jesus answered, “The servant does not test his master; rather, it is the master who tests his servant.”

This is what I was thinking of, when I first answered.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam alai kum Brothers and sisters in Islam,

Alhamdulilah we as Muslim’s have the haq (Truth) and we are proud to be known as the slaves of Allah SWT. All we have to do is look back into history and see what happened to those who challenged Allah SWT.

Allah SWT has humbled many such proud societies that indulged in various forms of depravity. For example, the 'Ad people, who were notorious for their depravity, were destroyed by "a howling wind." After this event, these extremely arrogant people resembled "the hollow stumps of uprooted palms":

The 'Ad people were arrogant in the land, without any right, asking: "Who has greater strength than us?" Did they not see that Allah, Who created them, had greater strength than them? But they renounced Our signs. So, We sent a howling wind against them on disastrous ill-fated days to make them taste the punishment of degradation in this world. And the punishment of the Hereafter is even more degrading. They will not be helped. (Surah Fussilat, 15-16)

The 'Ad people were destroyed by a savage, howling wind. Allah subjected them to it for seven whole nights and eight whole days without a break. You could see the people flattened in their homes, just like the hollow stumps of uprooted palms. (Surat Al-Haqqa, 6-7)

Allah gives the unbelievers a certain amount of time in this world. But if they persist in their depravity and mockery, He repays them for it in a very violent way when their allotted period ends. In particular, there is a definite punishment for crimes committed against Allah's prophets. Allah avenges His prophets and the believers:

Messengers before you were mocked. I gave those who did not believe a little more time, and then I seized them. How terrible was My retribution! (Surat ar-Ra'd, 32)

And in more recent time, the famous quote "Not even God could sink the Titanic," was the boast of those who put their confidence in a ship built by men and look how Allah destroyed it.

And as for the Space Shuttle Challenger, naming the shuttle “Challenger” say’s it all, you have to question just who are they trying to “challenge”, again we all know what was to happen next.

So let them mock and try to test and challenge Allah SWT. At the same time all praise is due to Allah SWT for the amount of people that are embracing Islam day by day.

I end by saying,

In The Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The merciful

When there comes the help of Allah and victory,
And you see people entering Allah's religion in multitudes,
Then celebrate the praise of your Lord and seek His forgiveness, (for) surely He is Oft-returning (to mercy). Sura Nasr

Peace2u

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Slaves in Islam – The Concept & Their Rights

By Ebrahim Saifuddin

Slavery is a concept that existed since pre-recorded history. However the way it was practiced in the Islamic world differs greatly than how it was practiced in the rest of the world. Even in the more recent times, centuries after the introduction of Islam, the non-Muslims have practiced slavery in the most barbaric manner. The whole Trans-Atlantic nonsense that was practiced by the Americans is one of the worst forms of slavery man has witnessed. The slaves were not treated as humans and did not have any rights. This way was much similar to the form practiced before the advent of Islam in the Times of Ignorance (Ja’hilah). Islam indeed came as a blessing to all Mankind and it was seen that slaves were given rights, something which the rest of the world never gave them.

Treatment of Slaves

Apart from giving the slaves their rights, Islam also took it a step ahead and discouraged slavery from being practiced. It is seen in history that slaves were mistreated in the non-Islamic world. Not only were they verbally abused, they were physically abused as well. The master would overburden the slave and make them work all day. Slaves would wear torn and tattered clothes while the masters would dress with the finest threads available. When it would come to food, the slaves would get leftovers or if not, very little food which would certainly not include good quality food. Some would not even get meat or fruits which their masters ate. Prophet Muhammad(saw) with Divine Inspiration from Allah(swt) forbade such acts. Masters could not abuse their slaves and had to give them the same that they ate and wore.

Narated by Al-Ma’rur: At Ar-Rabadha I met Abu Dhar who was wearing a cloak, and his slave, too, was wearing a similar one. I asked about the reason for it. He replied, “I abused a person by calling his mother with bad names.” The Prophet said to me, ‘O Abu Dhar! Did you abuse him by calling his mother with bad names you still have some characteristics of ignorance. Your slaves are your brothers and Allah has put them under your command. So whoever has a brother under his command should feed him of what he eats and dress him of what he wears. Do not ask them (slaves) to do things beyond their capacity (power) and if you do so, then help them.’” – [Bukhari, Vol.1, Book 2, #29]

The introduction of Islam and with the application of Islam by Muslims, slavery had a new meaning altogether. It no longer meant that you have a beast under your control and hence you could abuse it, make it work like a donkey all day and at the end of the day give it crumbs to eat so that it stays alive. Islam made it clear to every follower that a human being who is a slave is yet the brother of a Muslim and the slave had their rights which is compulsory for a Muslim to fulfill. It taught that slaves and masters are equal in the sights of Allah(swt) and if a Muslim was given a brother under his command then he had to make sure that the brother was given the rights which Islam prescribed.

In another narration the importance of giving slaves education and teaching them good manners is stressed by Prophet Muhammad(saw):

Narrated Abu Burda’s father: Allah’s Apostle said “Three persons will have a double reward:

1. A Person from the people of the scriptures who believed in his prophet (Jesus or Moses) and then believed in the Prophet Muhammad (i .e. has embraced Islam).
2. A slave who discharges his duties to Allah and his master.
3. A master of a woman-slave who teaches her good manners and educates her in the best possible way (the religion) and manumits her and then marries her.” – [Bukhari Vol.1, Book 3, #97A]

Here it is seen that not only education has been given importance but slavery is also discouraged. It is well known that a person belonging to the People of the Book would receive a double reward for accepting Islam. Similarly the same double reward is offered to a person who would free his woman-slave and marry her after giving her education and teaching her good manners. This way slavery is discouraged in the Islamic world. The Muslims were also forbidden from forcing their slave-girls into prostitution so that they would earn money out of it. There was an incident when the slave-girl of an Ansari was forced after which a verse relating to the act was revealed by Allah(swt).

Narated by Jabir ibn Abdullah: Musaykah, a slave-girl of some Ansari, came and said: My master forces me to commit fornication. Thereupon the following verse was revealed: “But force not your maids to prostitution (when they desire chastity).” – [Abu Dawud, Book 6, #2304]

The Lessons of Equality

There can be found numerous evidences in the Islamic traditions which teach us that slaves are to be treated like any other human being. Prophet Muhammad(saw) has taught us that slaves are equal to everyone else. People belonging to the days of ignorance would not stand next to a slave while Muslims stand next to them in prayers showing a sign of unity and uniformity in their status in front of Allah(swt). Hazrat Bilal was one of the first slaves to accept Islam. He was tortured by the pagans so that he would renounce Islam and come back to the pagan ways. However he did not reject Islam and adhered to the teachings of Prophet Muhammad(saw). He was also the first person to stand on top of the Ka’aba and give the Adhan (the Muslim call for prayer). It is also important to note that further evidence for the equality and recognition of slaves as normal human beings is seen in the numerous ahadith narrated by the slaves and freed slaves that are considered as true and followed by millions of Muslims in the world today. This means that their testimony is also recognized and accepted. We can also see from the traditions that slaves would not only stand shoulder to shoulder with others Muslims during prayer but would also lead the prayers.

Narrated Ibn ‘Umar: When the earliest emigrants came to Al-’Usba a place in Quba’, before the arrival of the Prophet- Salim, the slave of Abu Hudhaifa, who knew the Qur’an more than the others used to lead them in prayer. – [Bukhari, Vol.1, Book 11, #661]

In the Quran one can see clearly that the woman-slaves and man-slaves who have accepted Islam are better than the free women and men from the disbelievers. Muslims are advised to get the son or daughter married to a woman-slave or man-slave rather than a free woman or man from among the idolaters.

Do not marry unbelieving women (idolaters), until they believe: A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though she allures you. Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though he allures you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His Signs clear to mankind: That they may celebrate His praise. – [Quran 2:221]

Islam goes a step ahead in giving respect to the slaves and it is narrated that Prophet Muhammad(saw) asked people not to refer to a slave saying “this is my slave” but rather to say “this is my man” or “this is my woman”.

Islam Stresses on Freeing Slaves

Importance was stressed upon manumitting slaves a lot by Allah(swt) through his last and final prophet(saw). Even if a disbeliever practiced slave-manumitting before accepting Islam, it is told that he would yet be rewarded for this good deed after accepting Islam. In Islam there is a concept that all good done for the sake of Allah(swt) will be rewarded and all those done for other causes e.g. fame, fortune etc will not be rewarded in the Hereafter. Manumitting slaves is among those good deeds which are rewarded even if done before accepting Islam.

Narrated Hakim bin Hizam: I said to Allah’s Apostle, “Before embracing Islam I used to do good deeds like giving in charity, slave-manumitting, and the keeping of good relations with Kith and kin. Shall I be rewarded for those deeds?” The Prophet replied, “You became Muslim with all those good deeds (Without losing their reward).” – [Bukhari, Vol.2, Book 24, #517]

Allah(swt) through his prophet(saw) stressed the good in freeing a slave. A person once came to Prophet Muhammad(saw) saying that he had sexual intercourse with his wife while he was fasting and thus wished to seek guidance in that matter. The first form of compensation which Prophet Muhammad(saw) informed him of was the freeing of a slave.

Narrated by Abu Huraira: While we were sitting with the Prophet a man came and said, “O Allah’s Apostle! I have been ruined.” Allah’s Apostle asked what was the matter with him. He replied “I had sexual intercourse with my wife while I was fasting.” Allah’s Apostle asked him, “Can you afford to manumit a slave?” He replied in the negative. Allah’s Apostle asked him, “Can you fast for two successive months?” He replied in the negative. The Prophet asked him, “Can you afford to feed sixty poor persons?” He replied in the negative. The Prophet kept silent and while we were in that state, a big basket full of dates was brought to the Prophet. He asked, “Where is the questioner?” He replied, “I (am here).” The Prophet said (to him), “Take this (basket of dates) and give it in charity.” The man said, “Should I give it to a person poorer than I? By Allah; there is no family between its (i.e. Medina’s) two mountains who are poorer than I.” The Prophet smiled till his pre-molar teeth became visible and then said, ‘Feed your family with it.” – [Bukhari, Vol.3, Book 31, #157]

There were times when a slave was jointly owned by two people. In such cases there were times when one owner, for the sake of Allah(swt) would want to manumit his share in the joint ownership. Under such circumstances it was told that the person manumitting his share of the ownership should also pay for the remaining share to ensure that the slave is freed completely. However if he could not do so, the remaining price would then be estimated and the slave had the right to work and pay the amount required for his freedom to the other owner.

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “Whoever manumits his share of a jointly possessed slave, it is imperative for him to get that slave manumitted completely by paying the remaining price, and if he does not have sufficient money to manumit him, then the price of the slave should be estimated justly, and he is to be allowed to work and earn the amount that will manumit him (without overburdening him)”. – [Bukhari, Vol.3, Book 44, #672]

Further in the Quran it is seen that people are encouraged to marry the slaves. If a person cannot marry a free woman for whatever reason, to prevent him from committing sin, the Quran asks them to marry from among the slave women.

If any of you have not the means wherewith to wed free believing women, they may wed believing girls from among those whom your right hands possess: And Allah hath full knowledge about your faith. Ye are one from another: Wed them with the leave of their owners, and give them their dowers, according to what is reasonable. – [Quran 4:25]

They can take the permission of the master and marry the slave. This was yet another example of Allah(swt) ensuring that slaves would be freed as marriage with the slave of another would make the slave a free person.

Why Gradual Elimination?

There is no doubt that Islam encouraged the freeing of slaves. However one would ask that as slavery is a social disease, why Islam did not make it forbidden. Firstly slavery as seen in Islam is poles apart than the one practiced by those who do not follow the guidelines presented by Islam. Secondly slavery could not have been forbidden in those days. Islam did not allow the selling of free people as slaves. Majority of the slaves were the people captured in the wars fought by the Muslims against the non-Muslims. Due to the lack of prison systems in those days, it was important to keep the captured people as slaves. If these people would be allowed to live freely within the Muslims, they would have regrouped and not only attacked the Muslims but probably would have also tried to assassinate the Sahabah or even Prophet Muhammad(saw). By giving these people as slaves, they were distributed and thus could not regroup and attack the Muslims.

Islam never started slavery and it is well known that slavery was practiced much before the introduction of Islam. Islam actually laid down all the rules so that eventually slavery would be eliminated completely. There are many great rewards for freeing a slave. Allah(swt) has given man all the incentive to free slaves which would in return eventually eradicate slavery completely. Another narration goes as follows:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “Whoever frees a Muslim slave, Allah will save all the parts of his body from the (Hell) Fire as he has freed the body-parts of the slave.” Said bin Marjana said that he narrated that Hadith to ‘Ali bin Al-Husain and he freed his slave for whom ‘Abdullah bin Ja’far had offered him ten thousand Dirhams or one-thousand Dinars. – [Bukhari, Vol.3, Book 46, #693]

Islam’s Stand on Slavery

Islam teaches its followers to respect all Mankind regardless of their color, race or their bank balance. Slaves were given rights which were not heard of in other societies. Islam gave them protection and asked people to treat them as brothers and give them to eat of what they ate and to wear what they wore. The Bible too speaks about slaves and lays down laws regarding the treatment of slaves.

“If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.” – [Exodus 21:20-21]

As it can be seen, the Bible allows a person to beat their slave and the master will not be punished unless the slave dies. The slave is treated as a personal property of the master. Islam came to correct such manmade rules regarding not only slavery but a lot of concepts. Islam has been the original advocate for humanity and has always taught men the importance of humanity.

With the introduction of Islam slaves were treated as human beings rather than personal property. Moreover Islam made sure that gradually people will not perform this act and encouraged the freeing of slaves. Manumitting a slave was encouraged for the smallest of reasons. If there was a solar eclipse, people were recommended to free a slave – If there was a lunar eclipse, people were recommended to free a slave. It can be seen that Muslims were encouraged to free slaves for any and every reason. Islam gave security to the slaves and laid down directions so that slavery would eventually be eliminated completely.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Dear Osman_93,

Thank you for your reference to the excellent article that demonstrates that Allah directs us to treat slaves really well. But if that is the case, and if the Quran is so clear on the acceptability of slavery, why have (admittedly belatedly) all of the islamic countries now outlawed slavery? Is it because of the corrupting influence of the west? Do you think that if it weren't for that corrupting influence we could go back to the good old days and reinstitute slavery?

what's the POINT of you being around here?!!!!!!..

can you enlighten us as to why you're here?!!!!..

are you trying to satisfy an opinion-trip that you're suffering from?!

what's the deal ishmael7?!

I have a STRONG feeling that you're one of these people who have some persistant *confidence complexes* brought by a HORRID CHILDHOOD!..and some serious inveterate self-esteem issues provoked by many UNFORTUNATE SOCIAL EXPERIENCES!..and thus find a haven in "expressing" themselves on the net..where they can use CYBERSPACE AND A COMPUTER MONITOR as SHIELD!!!..

because in *real life*..they're nothing but a bunch of POLTROONS!!!..who don't even have *the courage* to ask for *the fries* that comes with their *cheesburger Mickey-dees meal* that the folks at the drive-thru forgot to stick in the bag!!! (and of course it has to be that *particular* meal because..you people guessed it..they're also..VERY BROKE!)..

I won't even get into the fact that everything they know comes from WIKIPEDIA and/or YAHOO ANSWERS..because that's the intellectual level that their brain has halted itself at!!!..anything from a textbook or a valid source..makes that tiny tiny pea-sized muscle inside their head (they mistakenly call a "brain") OVERHEAT due to the TREMENDOUS thinking process it is put through!!!..I don't have *that much time* to detail *idiocy*..but we have a good handy example out of you ishmael7!..so I'm not too worried about the brothers and sisters on TTI knowing exactly what I mean!!!

P.S. I am puzzled as to why you're still allowed to be here!..ummm...Administrators???!!!! HE-L-LO???!!!!!

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Salam brothers and sisters

Cemophora, you created an account for no other reason but to try and squander and argue with our faith when you know most of us are all firm believers. You should have been a more competent forum troll and veiled your hate as a question and then turn it into an arguement that way. (Apologies to those non-muslims with legititamate questions) Although many of the brothers and sisters have answered your questions know that you are doing yourself no good trying to impose your beliefs on us. Everyone has a different way he perceives the reason for creation and ours is the logical way, the almighty creater shaped us and the world and each and every single day of our lives is a test. We are goverened by the rules of the Quran and we base our way of life on it; and to have been told many times that Muslims are some of the most hospitable people on the earth, it has done us great good. But clearly you question faith itself. (Though your account has you as saying undecieded so either your unclear in your words or you were just in a rush to try and flame us) This is unfortunate but us Muslims take pride in our faith and know that the one that created this land (Allah created it, sorry, but it wasn't accidental) May Allah guide you to salat al mustakeem.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahe Wabarakaathuh brother.

At the moment, I'm pretty busy right now, so I don't have time to give you a response, although, I know this video, which will Inshallah, make you feel better and benefit us all, Inshallah.

[yt]58g-ZNWxv20[/yt]

Amina 1

I feel that cemophora and ishmael 7 may be the same person or maybe they know each other. Hard to remove someone if the name keeps changing. whoever they are I feel sorry for them.