Can we directly call unto the Prophet s.a.w?

Al-bint

Smile! It's Sunnah!
:salam2:

It might be a very commem question, but I still want to ask it again.

During attahiyaat in namaz, we read "Assalamualaika ayyuhan nabiyu..."
Does this mean that we are directly talking to the Prophet s.a.w as we use '--ka'?
Can anyone provide me with the background to this dua?

jazakallah khairan
:wasalam:

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

The `Allaamah, Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

We say: if you send salaam upon him from the farthest ends of the earth, your salaam will reach him, because Allaah has appointed angels who travel about the earth, and if anyone sends salaams upon the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), they convey that salaam to the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). So if we say now, “O Allaah, send blessings and peace upon the Messenger of Allaah,” our salaam will be transmitted to him. In prayer we say, “Al-salaamu ‘alayka ayyuha’l-nabiyyu wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu (Peace be upon you, O Prophet, and the mercy of Allaah and His blessings),” and the salaam is transmitted to him…

I have heard some people saying in Madeenah, “My father asked me to give his salaams to the Messenger,” but this is wrong. The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is not alive so that the salaams of a living person may be passed on to him. If your father sends salaams to the Messenger, the salaam is conveyed by those who are more able than you to convey it and are more trustworthy than you too, namely the angels.

So there is no need for that, and we say: You are where you are, wherever you are on earth you can say, “Peace be upon you, O Prophet,” and it will reach him faster and more reliably than that.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 23/416, 417

Please note that this is specific for sending salaam, not like what the grave worshippers use as an excuse to worship the grave of the Prophet :saw2:

Al-bint

Smile! It's Sunnah!
Salaam alaikum,

thankyou so much...

actually someone told me that we cannot directly call unto the Prophet s.a.w and that the part "Assalamu-alaika ayyuhan nabiyu..." was said by Allah to the Prophet s.a.w at the time of Mehraj and so we only repeat that and so we cannot directly.....
Is this right?

Jazakallah khairan

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Islam is the Path to Allah. Our Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, was His Slave and Messenger.

We do not need an intercessor in our faith. Our faith is dependent on our relationship with Allah. He has given us the pillars to stand upon to call upon Him.

I rely on dua. He tells us He Loves us when we call upon Him using His Beautiful Names. He tells us He hears our pleas.

We are to send blessings upon the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him.

And, InshaAllah, on that day we will have the intercession we desire.