Can you wear a weave?

Khalil2u

Salaam o alaikum,
I'm just wondering can women or men wear a weave or hair piece? Of course you still wear hijab properly according to the Quran. You are able to cleanse the scalp for prayers and good hygiene. Also as long as the man is not wearing it to look or be like a woman. Is it haram?

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

No you cannot wear weave. This is haram

The Prophet (SAWS) said Allah curses the one who does the hair weaves and the one who has it done.

Khalil2u

A hadith or quran verse please

Salaam o alaikum,
Is there a particular hadith that says this? Or are you saying what you think the prophet pbuh said. Please site where you got this information.:hearts:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Salaam o alaikum,
Is there a particular hadith that says this? Or are you saying what you think the prophet pbuh said. Please site where you got this information.:hearts:

i wish i knew who narrated the particular hadith, but it is mentioned by the prophet :saw: that the weaver and the one who gets their hair weaved, is sinning. it also mentions about the tattooer and the tattooed, and the genders dressing opposite of their genders men dressing like women and women dressing like men.
:wasalam:

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Salam Sister

Daleel is below and it is haram sister. Inshallah this helps.

Praise be to Allaah.

Both husband and wife should make themselves attractive to one another, in ways that the other likes, so as to strengthen their relationship, but this has to be within the limits of what is allowed in sharee’ah, not by doing things that are prohibited. The use of wigs started among non-Muslim women, who were so well known for wearing them and adorning themselves with them that this became one of their distinguishing features. If a woman wears a wig and adorns herself with it, even if she does this for her husband, she is imitating the kaafir women, which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” Wigs also come under the ruling about hair extensions, which is even more vehement in its prohibition: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade this practice and cursed the one who does it. Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/191.Humayd ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Awf reported that he heard Mu’aawiyah ibn Abi Sufyaan at the time of Hajj, standing on the minbar and holding a piece of hair that had been seized by his guards, saying: “Where are your scholars? I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbidding this kind of thing and saying that Bani Israa’eel were destroyed when their women started to use such things.” Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has cursed the woman who adds false hair and the woman who has this done, and the woman who tattoos and the women who has this done.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5477). And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid