Catholics

umm hussain

I have noticed something, I dont know if anyone else has. If I was to conclude I would say a lot more Roman Catholics are reverting to Islam than any other Christian Faith. Maybe it is just coincidence, I am ex Catholic, most of sisters I know personally apart from maybe one or 2 are ex Catholics, another brother ex Catholic. I would just love to hear how many ex Catholics are actually on this forum.

gerrie1902

:salam2:

I was brought up by a very devout Irish catholic family and practiced the faith for 35 years. I went to a catholic school and all my friends were of the same religion. As a child I knew of only one other religion and that was protestant.

I am blessed to have been guided to Islam and I strive every day to become a better Muslim. ishallah

gerrie

zarqa

i too am from a irish catholic background. I think think from my personal experience there are quite a few similarities and islam just completes the faith i was brought up in.

F

fabs

It makes sense since that the Catholic church is becoming less and less appealing to a lot of young people.
Of course I'm still wondering what is more appealing about Islam.

IslamicPearl

salam aleikum

I came from orthodox background and i think ur right. There are differences between all xtian groups. There are things in the orthodox part that are more logical than in the catholic part i think as i had a talk wiht my mother bout religion. She doesnt know i am muslim so i tried to show her the wrong and the misstakes in xtianity but i cudnt except for she knows the bible is written by man. My point is that it is harder for an orthodox to leave he's religion because it makes more sense. But i think protestans or baptists and other xtian part differe pretty much (preacers and ppl singing in the church and other as i dont know all the details) which i consider, when compared wiht islam, they r proved to be wrong. Orthodoxism is one of the first forms of xtianity and since the other xtians changed from this point (1054 the Great Brake up) orthodox may consider they are the right one. Im saying this from my experience i dont know if there is any statistic which can prove i am right or wrong but if anyone knows any pls inform me and the other bout it.

In the end it doesnt really matter for the who is more close to the 'truth' or not from the xtians because in the end the most important thing is that me and the others here found the true path and Allah swt guided us to it. Inshallah more will see the true. Humans change only by Allah's swt Will and only by that. None of us can change that. And Allah swt knows best.

jamila

I was catholic to , and i guess we have many traditions .like muslims, abaut family and many other thinks,traditions that we lost but some people stell have, we dislike somany thinks abaut catholic religion like they making a new saint every time they leaders want , and they dont realise that doing that people will start praying to a human been and they living god on the side and we have so many questions that if we ask we dont get a response . Another interesting think it is that not just we are changing to islam it is that many people start looking for the thruth and they go to diferent religions i have a uncle and he change to geova witness . if they not agry,they will look for anythink that sounds wright to them. the sad part is that many people dont know nothing abaut islam if not they will come to islam .. and the good part is that we as muslim whith a catholic background we can teach them what islam is insa Allah they will come in great numbers....

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
I really feel sad for you fabs

It makes sense since that the Catholic church is becoming less and less appealing to a lot of young people.
Of course I'm still wondering what is more appealing about Islam.

I dont think Catholic is becoming less appealing to young minds only.
Regarding Islam, may be you should learn Islam by being a muslim, what if you start liking it? Till now you have been just hearing about the faith, trying to learn about it. The matter is completely different when you practise it yourself. You see the difference between you and your fellow mates.
Islam checks you each and every moment. So its upto you to respond to those checkings, and be a firm believer. Rest Tawakkal tu Allah.
wa/salam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
By the way, I am not from an ex-catholic family. I am a born muslim Alhamdulillah. But my aunt is catholic still, and 3 of my cousins.
Please remember them in your duas so that they accept Islam insha Allah Taala.

bayareabilal

makakilo
The mother of Isa

I would have to agree with you. I would also like to say that I would probably not have reverted back to Islam had muslims not believed in the Virgin Mary. Once I found out that Islam professes belief in Mary being a virgin and giving birth to Isa I began to let my guard down. That was just something that I have wholeheartedly believed in my whole life and I was not about to accept a faith that said otherwise. May allah be well pleased with her and her son.
:salah:

yusuf125

another ex-catholic heard from :).
al hamdulillah, my parents raised me to belive in god, and for that i can be grateful. inshallah, i pray i will be able to teach them the true religon

myriam

Assalemu allekum

I was catholic roman and all my family too.

But my life changed suddenly , a lot of things happen and I prefered to convert in islam

myriam

Assalemu allekum

I was catholic roman until last year I converted in islam. I did because my life changed suddenly and a lot of things happen too. I couldn't stand to my ex religion. With help of my friends who are muslim too I understood the religion islam.

And I'm happy .

danial

turning point

what is there in catholicism that lacked substance as compared to islam? why is islam more complete? what is the turning point,the most convincing part of islam that causes most catholics to convert?