cell phones and Mosques!

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
:salam2:
I went for jum'aa yesterday and people's cell phones are ringing. All the time this happens man. There is a hugh board that says either turn ur cell's off or put them on silent but no one listens. It's like a satan in mosque LOL what u think?

user expired!

asalamualaykum,

At my local mosk if ur phone goes off then u have to pay a fine sometimes £5 and once a remeber it was £15!!

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
LOL at that. Its a good way to stop it.
Also i noticed some ignorent people answer the phones right in the middle of mosque. they don't care whether some one is reading namaz or not.

kayleigh

salaam,

They should fine people. I bring my phone in but I put it on silent or vibrate. I can't believe people actually answer it. I can understand if it's an emergency, but at least go outside or go to the back or into another room.

zakiyah

muslim sis
salaam,

They should fine people. I bring my phone in but I put it on silent or vibrate. I can't believe people actually answer it. I can understand if it's an emergency, but at least go outside or go to the back or into another room.

i know its shocking isnt it.
exactly i agree with u.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

it would happen a lot at my old masjid. especially during jummah or during taraweeh. it was bad not only because the phones were ringing, but they were music ringtones, and they were the really haraam ones like 50 cent and Biggie.

:wasalam:

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

I remember during the Eid prayer this year the lady behind me was on the phone for half of it..I was like jeez thanks for ruining my first Eid prayer get together.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My masjid's population is 90% physicians. Cell phones and beepers are always going off. As much as I hate cell phones the converse is these dedicated people run to the masjid to offer prayers and have to run for an emergency. During ramadan we would make sure some of our sisters would eat before they had to attend to their patients.
Cell phones irk me. I almost drove into a river because I had to answer my phone while driving on the bluffs..the caller just wanted to say hello. I keeping forgetting to take my phone with me now. It is so much easier.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Yes. I was working as a crisis counselor. I had to answer the phone. That was the last time I answered the cell phone. I almost threw it into the river.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Whenever Someones Cell Phone Start Ringing,Almost Everyone Looks Back At The Person And Stares At Him For A Long Time LOL! Its Tooo Funny

That is so funny. Imagine all those eyes looking at you!!!

Its not good how they bring their mobiles with them to the mosque, well thats ok.. but at least dont answer it. We go to the mosque to leave the "absorbing" duniya, and then you have people that come to the mosque, yet havent left it. You are meant to forget everything and come there to remember Allah (SWT), but some people just dont understand that..

As I am writring this.. the weather is so hot here... :(

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalaamu alaikum,

Tell me about it, prayed taraweeh in a mosque 2 years ago and a phone rang with the tune of "JINGLE BELLS" (monotone/built-in) LOL. I guess he didn't know it was for xmas but still it was a song.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
I'd Love For It To Snow Inshallah Soon

No.. Snow isnt what I prefer either.. I like the heat.. but its just too much atm.. but any how I dont mind.. its cool.. :SMILY33:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

They have been teasing me all week saying we will get our first snow..I want a blizzard. I want two feet so I can stay home and bake brownies and go play in the snow and come in and eat and eat and watch movies and know there will be no work on the morrow because everything is frozen..i want three days off work just to play in the snow..people get so nice in the snow.