TurnToIslam Changes over Next few weeks and months

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

Over the next few weeks and months, there will be several changes to the website. The aim is for us to become a really good resource for Islamic knowledge. In sha Allah, and hopefully in many languages too.

This will also free our team up, and other brothers/sisters, to create interesting new content, just as our site did in the past. We were one of the first sites ever to make use of online video, back in 2006, we also maintain high quality of information. Alhamdulillah, our site is viewed by several million visitors each year, and this website was an essential tool for both Muslims and non-Muslims to learn more about Islam. Some even come to the site by accident and end up becoming interested in Islam, at the very least it helps people to see that Muslims in a positive light and not how the media portrays. The stories are too numerous to put, and I am sure you have seen many here already.

My thanks goes to our users who have been very helpful and kind to those who visit and have made use of these pages. May Allah reward you with good!

When the changes happen please keep calm. Changes have to happen sometimes and the benefits are not always obvious. Help us by replying in this thread with any issues or problems. Once we have the features, we will continue to tweak and update and make the site better.

Our current timeline is about 2-3 weeks for the next change to happen. In sha Allah, that will go well and after that there will be several other changes of equal significance.

What does it mean for us? Some of the following benefits:

- Much better and easier to gain Islamic knowledge.
- Easier to make connection with other Muslims, whilst maintaining Islamic guidelines. i.e. Sisters will have the option to not have any brothers view their profiles and message them.
- We will be able to share more useful Islamic content.
- TTI team to be enlarged - in sha Allah and have more "helpers" on board. In fact, everyone will be able to play a part, and I think it doesn't matter so much what level we might feel we are on. It will really benefit everyone.
- Question and answers which are regulated by scholars and trustworthy knowledgeable brothers/sisters.

In sha Allah it will happen, but we need patience and kindness, and most of all, we need your du'aa.

Jazakumullahu khayran !

Your brother in Islam,

Amir

Umm Abdullah

Wa aleykum salam
Allahu Akbar wa tabaarak'Allah !! I'm looking forward to see the new changes in sha Allah.
May Allah reward you for your work and all the members for their contribution amin thumma amin..

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua`alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

Is there any specific link where we can view the list of moderators like previously rather than checking their names to see the staff icon underneath since I noticed there are a few new mods around?

I think the link should help for us to report spams/unrelated posts to the moderators.

Platina.-

The best richness, is the richness of the soul.
Salaam O'alaikom!
Sounds like a good idea,
Keep up!
I will spread this site at all sites that I know.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Assalamua`alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

Is there any specific link where we can view the list of moderators like previously rather than checking their names to see the staff icon underneath since I noticed there are a few new mods around?

I think the link should help for us to report spams/unrelated posts to the moderators.
wa alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Every post has a 'Report' option, using that allows any moderator to respond, and is better than messaging just one of us.

If the report needs particular care or discretion, I often see a page which lists "Staff online now", though I can't always locate it myself! Or try looking at the members list and sorting by recent activity. All the mods show in green, so you should find one who is generally around that way, in shaa Allah, but yes, the 'Report' button is best.

:salam:

A.Abubaker

''Question and answers which are regulated by scholars and trustworthy knowledgeable brothers/sisters.''

Looking forward to that.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Jazaka Allaahu khaayraa brother Hassan.

I often see a page which lists "Staff online now", though I can't always locate it myself!

I've noticed that you don't appear on the Staff online list too. Why is that? Perhaps you guys (you and Mabsoot) can fix it for the benefits of others, inshaa Allaah.