COOL! Channel 4 to Air Azan Throughout Ramadhan!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

This is so cool ! Channel 4 is a popular British mainstream TV Channel. ( In the UK we have 4 main TV providers, BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5)

They will interrupt TV programs to let viewers know it is time for prayer! They will air a full azan in the morning, and 20s for each of the prayers after that. Some "haters" have already started complaining, but Channel 4 is resisting and says it will carry on with its plans.

In sha Allah, this will definitely bring an interest in Islam to so many people, and encourage them to learn more!!

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

SubhanAllah, athan on Mainstream Western media..

I can imagine the nonmuslims being against this strongly.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
wa alaikum asalaam

It seems to be causing a bit of a stir.
Islam channel (and others) have broadcast adhan every prayer for years, Alhamdulillah, so I know how useful it can be, especially during Ramadan. And to have that on mainstream television is a good thing. However, I get the impression that they are doing this to be controversial, which I think is the wrong motivation.

If they still do this next year will show if they do mean to be helpful, or if it is just a gimmick. Apologies if that seems too cynical.

Allahumma 'alim

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
wa alaikum asalaam

However, I get the impression that they are doing this to be controversial, which I think is the wrong motivation.

If they still do this next year will show if they do mean to be helpful, or if it is just a gimmick. Apologies if that seems too cynical.

Allahumma 'alim

Salaam,

Exactly what I thought when I saw this thread. C4 loves to court controversy but they do say that they are on the side of the underdog.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
wa-alaykum assalam,

I don't think a TV channel is about to pull out all the stops to do Muslims a favour just for the heck of it, why would they do that?

Sorry, in this dunya to get someone else to hold the door open for you is a tall order, to have people go out their way to do Muslims, (of all people!), a favour, is just a little too weird if you ask me.

Still cool though, not complaining about the gesture in of itself, just thinking about motives, important not to take everything at face value.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa-alaykum assalam,

I don't think a TV channel is about to pull out all the stops to do Muslims a favour just for the heck of it, why would they do that?

Sorry, in this dunya to get someone else to hold the door open for you is a tall order, to have people go out their way to do Muslims, (of all people!), a favour, is just a little too weird if you ask me.

Still cool though, not complaining about the gesture in of itself, just thinking about motives, important not to take everything at face value.

assalamu alaykum al-fajr.

One motive is stirring up a reaction. They would love to get negative news, just as they did with Big Brother and other shows.