Chocolate Hummus

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Chocolate+Hummus+02.jpg

makes 8-10 servings
What you’ll need:
  • 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 can)
  • 1/4 cup nut butter of your choice (almond, peanut, cashew, etc.)
  • 4 dates, pitted
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 tbs agave syrup (or corn syrup)
  • 2 tbs almond milk (or coconut milk)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth. Serve with cookies, apple slices, banana, strawberries or eat with a spoon!

Last edited:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Chocolate Hummus Cookies

(Gluten-Free)

image_5.jpeg

Makes 20-24 cookies
  • 1 (540mL/19oz) can chickpeas, drained (or 540g cooked chickpeas)
  • 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
  • 1/3 c. maple syrup
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 c. natural peanut butter (or other nut butter of choice)
  • 1/2 c. chocolate chips or chocolate pieces
Preheat oven to 350F, and line a cookie sheet with parchment.
Place all ingredients except chocolate in a food processor and blitz until smooth. You made need to scrape down the sides a few times. Add chocolate chunks and pulse until combined.
Drop balls of dough onto the parchment. Flatten with a fork or spoon, and bake for 13-15 minutes at 350F.
Remove from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum, Chocolate Hummus !! With Chickpeas subhanAllah, never thought of this, I wonder how it tastes. Next Chocolate Baba ganoush?

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
I wonder how well vanilla and chickpeas go together.

Okay seriously, is this stuff real, tried and tested, restaurant quality, or just another one of those 'let's add chocolate to it' recipes?

Last edited:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
assalamu alaykum, Chocolate Hummus !! With Chickpeas subhanAllah, never thought of this, I wonder how it tastes. Next Chocolate Baba ganoush?

Maybe at the some day I have my own TV show named "Mad Cook and Chocolate in Everywhere". By the way; I have also recipe like Beef Strips in Dark Chocolate Marinate.

:p

It is tasty.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I wonder how well vanilla and chickpeas go together.

Okay seriously, is this stuff real, tried and tested, restaurant quality, or just another one of those 'let's add chocolate to it' recipes?

Recipe isn´t originally mine but I have tried it before. Yummy yummy.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
I've seen poultry and meats like chicken, duck, lamb and beef marinated in chocolate, but that was because the chef who did, was cocoa-mad and he travelled the world for it, so everything he dished up had to have an element of chocolate. But hummus? Chickpeas and chocolate, hmmm ... Still not sure about it =)