College dilemma +Secured browsing?

Hydden

Assalaam walaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Hello, long time no see. I shifted from a city to a village, and it feels like we're back in the past.

Anyway, my classes in college start on 16th, and I'm waiting for that day.

-How am I going to manage fasting in college? The hostel serves food in the morning and evening, is it possible they serve food before fajr? I'll somehow manage the iftar.

-And another is hunger. It prevents me from concentrating on my studies and makes me think of food.

-Now comes a social problem. I'm new to this village, but from what I've seen so far is that the people here are so prying the personal information out of us. I don't like that and I'm not very very willing to share my background with these peers. They're also 'caste-minded', something disgustingly common in India, since they ask the damn surname.

-I'll probably return back to the hostel room in the afternoon, do qaza namaz of zuhr, Insha Allah. I'm very much attached to the internet, since it made me gain some useful knowledge. But the WiFi belongs to the college, and I don't want the staff to go through what I'm browsing. I've read that a VPN helps and doesn't let the WiFi owners view what I see, especially this site. How do I get a VPN for my smart phone? It's there in (Android) settings...

That's probably all for now. I hope I haven't displeased Allah by asking too many questions. Ciao!

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
:wasalam: Ukht!
Aww, may Allah SWT ease your situation! Just believe in Allah SWT, somehow, someway everything will work out InshaAllah! Just believe that!

I hope I haven't displeased Allah by asking too many questions.

I'm sure you haven't, InshaAllah! I hope you get some good answers InshaAllah!

Wassalam,
praying for you InshaAllah!! :)

MuslimShadow

Walaikum assalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

Hey, come on don't be a melancholy at least for this month.:smile-31:

Firstly, you're new to Islam so take it easy.Don't overwhelm yourself.

If you feel you can't fast this year then i would advice you to fast next
year.You may keep one or two fast if you really want to.I don't know about your hostel but if you're allowed to go out then you can buy some fruits & chocolates for suhoor.

Take care & keep smiling!!

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Walaikum assalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu
Hey, come on don't be a melancholy at least for this month.:smile-31:

Firstly, you're new to Islam so take it easy.Don't overwhelm yourself.

If you feel you can't fast this year then i would advice you to fast next
year.You may keep one or two fast if you really want to.I don't know about your hostel but if you're allowed to go out then you can buy some fruits & chocolates for suhoor.

Take care & keep smiling!!
Assalaamualaikum.

Good piece of advice. Don't tax yourself. InshaaAllah next year things will be much easier and better for you sister. Take it step by step. Build your faith, if you do that rest all will be a piece of cake. Try to pray on time. Even if you are not able to, at least before going to bed, finish all the qaza and sleep [I used to do that, after that I started praying on time Alhamdulilah]

-I'll probably return back to the hostel room in the afternoon, do qaza namaz of zuhr, Insha Allah. I'm very much attached to the internet, since it made me gain some useful knowledge. But the WiFi belongs to the college, and I don't want the staff to go through what I'm browsing. I've read that a VPN helps and doesn't let the WiFi owners view what I see, especially this site. How do I get a VPN for my smart phone? It's there in (Android) settings...

And am not sure whether the college can see what your browsing (I don't think they can, not sure though). And, I don't understand the problem even they know that you are browsing this site, could you please explain that sis?
Anyways for VPN, you can use this one sister - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.blinkt.openvpn&feature=related_apps
And to configure settings - http://www.howtogeek.com/135036/how-to-connect-to-a-vpn-on-android/

And Sis MuslimShadow - Fruits and chocolates are enough? :confused:

Peace.

Hydden

I've been too naive... I thought Allah would give me Muslim room mates but instead I've got proud, non-humble, hi-fi ones. I don't wish to make friends with them. That bludgeoned my hope to do namaz and roza. I feel distant from Allah... I've grown more sorrowful...

I hate this place, this college, these people, and this competitive, merciless corporate world. I didn't get the chance to do istikhara for career. No wonder Allah placed me into a world I hate so much. I wish these professionals would go through my pain. This world is not for someone who is emotionally sensitive, disgustingly naive and innocent like me.

I hate myself for being weak and vulnerable...