Coming Out

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
:salam2:

I told a (non-Muslim) friend of mine about my reversion tonight. He was pleasantly surprised.

Alhamdul'Illah :D

:wasalam:

amyaishazouaoui

alhamdulillah your going public......it takes guts maaaaan

well you all know how i went public on a large scale (my family knew before ofcourse)

for a minute then i thought the post was about "somthing else" but then i thought no it cant be im on TTI :lol:

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
:salam2: Chwaer bach

I'm still trying to figure out how to tell the rellies.

Charlie (the friend in question) has always been a pretty easy going guy with no strongly held opinions pro or anti any religion, so I think it's easier for him to take it on board.

amyaishazouaoui

:lol: i still laugh at how un tactful i was with my parents. i told my bro before hand but i just didnt know how to tell them!!!!!!!!

i just put my hijab on and went to sainsburys and said oh mum im a muslim......she died of embarassment.........it was so awful but i just didnt know what to do...not to mention i had the film crew bugging me at the same time.

but i got it out and then they told everyone else who mattered and now theyre proud of me!!

i say i comes when the time is right....sometimes you cant keep is schtum ay longer!!

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
:salam2: chwaer bach

So. Why did your mother think you were wearing a headscarf whilst walking around Sainsbury's with her BEFORE you told her?

Chemo? :eek:

amyaishazouaoui

lol no i put in on whilst exiting the car on my way into sainsburys...im soooooooooooo tactful sometimes!!! lol what was a 19 year old 8 weeks after 9/11 to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
that was the most i was soooooooooo not knowing what was going to happen. Give count em short a shout!!!!!

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam Alaikum

I told my mom over the phone :p, mashAllah I have the best mom ever!! She told me she could see it coming and she was proud of me for choosing my own path.....I love my mummy

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
:salam2: chwaer bach

Putting a headscarf on whilst simultaneously getting out of a car must take some doing :D

Masha'Allah your family took it so well. Insha'Allah mine will be as understanding.

amyaishazouaoui

brawd mawr!!!!

Yeah sometimes it takes a little, my bro and dad had already fig'd it out, theyd seen my book and stuff for a few years, but my mum must have been on another planet the whole time....lol.... she was worried i was going to get tied tp the kitchen sink....hey i did lol.....but she so proud of me now because im me and i strive for what i believe in and i mow anyone down who stands in my way!!! not to mention that im much happier than i was before and they see the difference apart from my curent situation, but hey that couldve happened anyway. just be gentle and time will show them that youre still you!!!

justoneofmillion

assalam, chwaer Rahmaninov and chwaer chopin
you better tell what that is because i got a Black&Decker saw with me...!lol just kidding

brother i hope things go well for you may Allah swt give you the patience and the courage to accomplish whatever you wish inschallah:)

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
Salaam

My family never visit, so they're not going to get any clues from my book choices. Actually we don't keep in touch very much. I guess we're all too busy/self absorbed.

Oh... and my flat is a mess :p

amyaishazouaoui

wwwhoooooo you never want to face meibion glyndwr!!! forget about your chicago gangs and all these are really baaaad!!!

lol

mae gen i het tri chornel
tri chornel yw fyn het
os nad oes het tri chornel

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
As salaanu alaykum (can't be bothered to go advanced)

Does growing up bi-lingual help when it comes to learning new languages, chwaer bach?

I assume you learnt Welsh from junior school onwards.

One thing I heard is that the grammatical structure of the Celtic languages is much closer to that of the Semo-Hamitic group than to other Indo-European tongues. Is that right?

Wa salaam

Brawd mawr Muhammad

amyaishazouaoui

Growing up bi lingual from a young age makes learning languages really easy...for me anyway.

Articulation of your mouth etc when pronouncing arabic seems so natural after speaking welsh!!!

I have problems at the moment when i want to speak welsh i end up in arabic and vice versa!1 its quite funny.
Sukhun (in algeria this means to heat up)
Sych(said seekh)(in welsh means dry!!

It messes your spelling up though, i have urges to spell things phonetically!!!

welsh is very similar to german and french, which makes them simple pimple in structure to learn!!!!! (german more than french)

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
As salaamu alaykum CB

Sometimes I find articulation tricky when I speak English. So Allah only knows how I'd cope with some of the more challenging words and phrases in Arabic. :lol: