Concerned with Deen

jimcate

Assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters--I am a new revert of 17 weeks and there are 2 muslims at work beside myself. I pray on all my breaks but I noticed that my fellow muslim brother and sister do not pray at work on their breaks. These 2 were raised in Islam. It saddens me to see this at work. I am wondering why they dont pray on the breaks? I am determined within myself to continue to pray on the breaks and try my best to be faithful to Allah. I am wondering what others might have to say about this?:astag::ma::salah:

Al Qassimi

Salam Aliekom,

I know where you coming from, as I am a born Muslim. Coming to your topic here, in every group there is always the good and the bad ones.

I do have a couple of non-practicing Muslims who do not want to hear anything that involves Islam, they refuse to. Why? because they know its the truth and they want to dwell in this world.(Not criticizing but my opinion. I guess the devil has something to do with it too)

The thing that you can do is by indirectly showing them that you are a committed practicing Muslims, they may see you pray, fasting, etc.

My opinion, its sad to see this is happening to our brothers and sisters, we can try and the rest is to Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Have Iman & Taqwa

Assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters--I am a new revert of 17 weeks and there are 2 muslims at work beside myself. I pray on all my breaks but I noticed that my fellow muslim brother and sister do not pray at work on their breaks. These 2 were raised in Islam. It saddens me to see this at work. I am wondering why they dont pray on the breaks? I am determined within myself to continue to pray on the breaks and try my best to be faithful to Allah. I am wondering what others might have to say about this?:astag::ma::salah:

Assalamu alaikum dear brother jimcate,
You should understand that every one who says La ilaha illallah Mohammed rasoolallah with sincearity. He or she becomes a muslim. But now he should try to be a Moamin. You become a Moamin by having Iman in your heart.
How does iman come into your heart? by having Taqwa. Those people who dont pray are the ones who dont have Iman and Taqwa. I pray that all humanity try their best to have strong Iman & Taqwa. May Allah show them the right deen (way of life).

faithzilla

Had Left TTI
I have little story when i first met a revert guy from Switzerland

He is such a good moslem in fact i was bit embarrassed why because he is such a good moslem, way better than 90% of all my moslem mates. He reverted because he want to marry moslem girl, but he's way better than his wife. weird huh ^_^

prior meeting him I considered myself as a good moslem according to my moslem mate (They thought i'm saint just because I never drinks/dating ) but compared to him I'm like a dust over pearl.

I suggest you can give them a good example as a moslem, start asking them where is the masjid near the office, go to friday prayer together, be a good moslem and I'm sure they will embarrassed at them self.

Wassalam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

:salam2:
Ask them along when you pray

alafil63

Assad the Quiet
Salaam aleik'um, brother

here's in Italy there's a lot of people born in Muslim way that has corrupted by the modern society and drink alcohol, eat all they want and also commit violences, but by grace of Allah (SWT) there's also some real faithful that perform prayers, go in mosque and trust in the grace of Allah (SWT).

The best is to take the right example and let the others running to Hell and fire: my examples are the faithful people not the miscreants, even they raised in Muslim nations, i like have good examples and find my way to Heaven.

saffanah

speak good or silent
What you've done was right. Just hold your iman strongly. Praise Allah who had shown you the way to be a good muslim, because there are also some muslims who do not care about their obligations (ie: doing salah(prayer), shaum (fasting in ramadhan), hajj (pilgrim to mecca), etc). Perhaps shaitan had mislead them, astaghfirullah.
May Allah always guide your way, and will guide all muslims to become pious muslims (mukminin and mukminat)
What if you ask your muslim friends to join the salah/prayer in jama'ah? I think, that would be good.

Yousuf.

Don't be discouraged by them and their actions. This is a test from Allah on your iman. When you pray, ask them along. Keep on asking them to, but tell nicely, do not be harsh but be patient. At least you've done your part to da'awah. Believe. You're on the right path.

"Save those who believe and do good works, and exhort one another to truth and exhort one another to endurance." 103:3