Confused in choosing a Major

As salaam al laikum,

I am a sister and i am confused which major to choose. I have chosen business field but not sure which major to choose? I was thinking of Financing but that deals with Interest rates and same goes for Accounting. Then I wanted to avoid marketing and advertising for various reasons. I am left with Economics or Business Management and do my MBA.

Another question is Which has better jobs with great pay Computer Science or Computer Engineering? Do you recommend a minor in this field?

I was thinking of Psychology but then you have to get your PHD to be successful.

I am worried about getting a good job and pay off my debts which are A LOT. I also want to do Ummrah.

Please provide me any surah to where I can master in my classes. I am not able to concentrate. guide me please. If you have any recommendation on internship or jobs, please give me your feedback.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
As for your majors, and choosing an area of study, I cannot offer much, given that those faculties are not even close to what I have pursued. But I must say, you have left your choices quite broad. Perhaps, narrow it down?

There are many duas you can consider when studying, pre and post. Also, Musa 'alayhissalaam's dua: Rabbi zidni 'ilmaa is a good way to start. I use this one:

اللَّهُم انْفَعْنِي بِمَا عَلَّمْـتَنِي وَ عَلِّمْنِي مَا يَنْفَعُنِي

Which can be translated as: Oh Allah, make useful for me what you have taught me and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me.

If you can't memorise any, just ask whatever is in your heart, and whatever comes to mind during your studies. Ask for concentration, for the removal of your anxiety, for the return of a satisfactory mark, for the retainment of knowledge, for the wisdom of sharing it and for the enlightenment of all your spiritual and worldly avenues through your effort.

M

maryam88

My Personal Suggestoin is to go for Computer Eng and be a good Computer Programmer as they are also earning very in their Field

n_akhi

My suggestion is go for Business Management (Strategic Management), Snce I am doing it and , it's pretty easy and I love every bit of it.
But the business field is getting saturated, and the best option is start a business after you finish as working a 9-5 job is hectic. If you still haven't started your second year best option is go computer science a bit difficult but still in demand. Hope that helps

SonOfAdam

Staff member
It depends on where you live. Business is a very broad major, you can find a job at many companies with this and will pay pretty good. If you have many engineering jobs I highly recommend a B.S. in Computer Science. Imagine making cool websites like TTI and work on things like Google and Facebook or other such awesome cutting edge programs and companies... it is one of the easier engineer disciplines if you ask me, much easier than Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering. C.S. is VERY VERY HOT career, there will be no shortage of jobs in the foreseeable future and it is fun to program (though there is quite a bit of a learning curve before you feel like you can actually program, but there is not much too it after you learn one programming language). Note that, engineering degrees are MUCH harder than business degrees and most others though, please keep that in mind. If you are a hard worker and want to always do your best (as a good Muslimah) then you will definately get burnt out in College. If you like to solve puzzles and use the computers, Computer Science is perfect for you. Of course I am biased, but I give this advice to all people... I also live in San Jose, the heart of the Silicon Valley where all the high tech jobs are.