Constuctive Critisism Required - Please

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
:salam2: Dearest TTI Brothers and Sisters

Please could I ask you to read the below and provide me with constructive crtisism.

Jazaka'Allah Ghair

It is through Islam, the pure Islam, untainted Islam, free of traditions and customs; that we Muslim women have inherited a legacy of greatness passed down to us by our ancestors the Sahaabiyat and the women of the Taabi’een. A legacy that teaches us that a women who cannot plan her life, plan her family and plan her career and then actions those plans always seeking out the help and guidance of Allah (SWT), is fundamentally not free.

My dearest Mothers and Sisters, we must be aware that Islam is a way of living that embraces a variety of political, social and cultural traditions. The very foundations of Islam are tolerance and democracy through theocracy.

Today marks a day solely attributed to the women of this country and the roles that they have played throughout our country’s political history, the recognition of this day sends a message to those who claim to speak on behalf of the masses of Islam but who deny women their rightful places in society. It is my opinion and understanding of Islam, that Islam does not support the equality of men and women but neither does Islam discriminate between man and women – Islam does however emphasise equity by assigning to both men and women their rightful places in society. This has been proven many times by the legendary Muslim women personalities in our Golden Past.

It is time that we translate our dynamic religion into a living reality and start living by the true Sunnah of Islam.
Women in the time of our beloved Rasool (SAW) were freed by Islam. Islam showed appreciation towards the position of womanhood and understood a women’s need for knowledge and spirituality within their society. A very significant example that proves this statement is the fact that Allah (SWT) chose a girl who became known as the Queen of the Women of Jannat, to become the inheritor of the glory of her family, maintaining the honour of her ancestors. Fatima Batool (RA) replaced a son as the successor to the honour of her lineage.

Early Muslim women served their community through scholarship, teaching, nursing and political influence; these great women have left the most remarkable legacies of any famous people in human history!

It is this tradition of Islam that empowered the Sahaabiyat and women of the Taabi’een, strengthened them and emboldened them, it is this legacy that sustained them during the most difficult periods of their lives, simply because Islam forbids injustice, injustice against people, nations and women and it enshrines piety as the sole criteria for judging humankind.

We all know the famous Sahaabiyat that have lived through the Prophetic era, and we know about those who have lived before the Prophetic era e.g. Hazrat Maryam (AS) who was the embodiment of modesty, chastity and virtue, Hazrat Aasiyah (AS) who knew what it meant to love Allah (SWT) more than all the duniyah had to offer her, and knew what it meant to give up all the treasures of this duniyah for the love and pleasure of Allah (SWT).

We know about those women, who were most beloved to Rasool (SAW),
Hazrat Khadijah (RA), how can we understand and appreciate the revelation without knowing who she was?
Hazrat Fatima (RA), how can we understand and appreciate the pain and struggle and suffering that Rasool (SAW) endured without knowing her life?
Hazrat Ayesha (RA), how can we understand and appreciate over 2000 hadith without knowing the personality that she embodied?

But today I would like to focus on the Muslim women whose life stories have been forgotten, the life stories that don’t fit in with the quasi-Islam that we has been ingrained in us, these women have lived both in the time of the Rasool (SAW) as well as during the time of the Taabi’een.

Firstly I will begin with saying that not all men/women are born great, being great, unique, successful is a difficult process and one tends to become disillusioned by this, but in a moment of honesty with one’s self we can decide to change, and to change is in actuality a source of power to women and it is an emancipation from social conformity and traditions if those traditions are not aligned within the pretext of Islamic teachings examples of these women are:
Hind – change from kufr to Imaan
Al-Ghamidiyya – repented for her sins
From these examples we can tell that the Sahaabiyat were living real people who endured the same social pressures as us women today.

Secondly we have to realise that it is exceptionally important for any Muslim to connect with his/her Creator. But by connecting with Allah (SWT), that connection has to filter down into every facet of our daily lives both in solitude and in society. It is sunnah for us as Muslims whether male or female to connect with Allah (SWT).
No women can enjoy a peaceful relationship with her unless she has a positive interactive relationship with Allah (SWT). A strong connection should not disengage a Muslimah from our responsibilities to our society; in connecting with Allah (SWT) we become selfless. If we maintain and strive for a closer bond with Allah (SWT) we become a better asset to society. Examples of such women are:
Hazrat Ayesha(RA)
Hazrat Zaynab binte Jash (RA)
Nafisa bint-il-Hassan (RA)
Ayesha binte Ibrahim (RA)

A third very prominent characteristic of the Muslim women of old is success. Bearing in mind that the Sahaabiyat as well as the women from the Taabi’een had various problems whether they were political, social or family constraints, despite these obstacles they always seemed to rise above it and succeed. Because they were emotionally and mentally strong due to their understanding of spirituality and their understanding that nothing in this world cannot be overcome, because we are the people who submit to the King of kings, to the Creator of all things. With this said we must take cognisance of the fact that the stories of Sahaabiyat and the women of the Taabi’een have been preserved for a reason and that reason is that we may learn from them, they are living stories that are relevant today if we are able to ascertain the relevance to our situation. An example of a woman who preserved and achieved success is a girl by the name of:
Umme Kulthoom (daughter of Uqba ibn Utayb – Mushriek)

Lastly our Muslim women ancestors had that we have failed to inherit or rather I could say that I have failed to inherit is their legacy of leaving and making an impact on their society, it is not enough that we merely educate ourselves and then cower into a life of comfort and ease. Muslim women that have displayed this characteristic are the following:
Welfare – Hazrat. Zubaydah (wife of Khalifa Harun Ar-Rasheed)
Hazrat. Zumurood (sister of Salaahudeen Ayubi)
Hazrat. Rufaydah (nurse in Masjied-u-Nabawi)
Religious – Umm-ul-Baneen (built a masjied and university in Morocco)
Political – Umm-ul-Baneen (sister of khalifa Umar al Abdul Aziz)

In conclusion

With all these examples given I firmly believe that when we as a society present values which are higher than those represented by beauty pageant winners, we as Muslim girls/ ladies/women will become attached to those higher values, we as women, Muslim women will enforce these values ourselves. Any of us that has or will attain this level of belief; we can proudly and firmly say that we have chosen our own life, our own way of thinking. We have returned to Islam as a believer and a committed human being.

And when we as young Muslim girls and women choose to be committed to Islam, we choose the modest dress on our own, this choice goes beyond choosing, we have developed beyond education and formal knowledge we will then reach a stage of commitment and move from student to warrior, and we have moved beyond a cultural, historical and traditional dress, we have now understood the legacy that has been left to us by the Greatest women who have walked the Earth.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister...who is your intended auidence.

You need to simplify. You need to find one theme and stay with it. You are saying too much. You may need to write several articles.

You need to define several constructs. Democracry, equality, theocracy.

Your introductory paragraph is very wordy. And the reader does not understand what you mean by planning and freedom. They need to be tied together. Guide me to what you mean and give me simple examples. Make it easy for me to read.

And do not give up..edit.

arzafar

content seems solid, although i dont know the title to judge its relevance.
you just need to add a flow to it. each para should lead to the next. also try to keep the sentences as short as possible.