converting and in need of advice

Roxy85

Salam alaikum. I'm an English woman currently learning about Islam in the process of converting. I have a question about my job. I recently got a job at a local shop which I am enjoying but the shop will be starting to sell alcohol in April. I know alcohol is haram but what is the guidance on selling it?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam

The Prophet Muhammad Salallahu alayhi wa salam said:
“When Allaah forbids a thing, He (also) forbids its price.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 3488; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Ghaayat al-Maraam, 318.

So it is haram not only to drink, but to sell or give it to anyone.

Arham_734

Wa alaikum salam . May almighty Allah shower his rahmath on you . Sister u recite the dua '' INNALILLAHI WA INNA ILAIHI RAAJI UN ''

You just leave it for the sake of Allah , he will give u a better job than this in sha allah.

Arif-160

Salam alaikum. I'm an English woman currently learning about Islam in the process of converting. I have a question about my job. I recently got a job at a local shop which I am enjoying but the shop will be starting to sell alcohol in April. I know alcohol is haram but what is the guidance on selling it?
Walaikum Asslam, First of All, you are studying Islam, Alhamdulillah. Sister you have to leave this job and search another one, Allah will help you,, Indeed. :)

One must seek a halal living not work in a place that is surrounded with sin and evil doing (Haram) actions. If one gives this up for the sake of Allah, Allah will replace it with something better, as the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever leaves something for the Sake of Allah, Allah will provide him with a better thing".