correction

JABRAN

:salam2:
i am browsing this website for 2nd time.i dnt know properly how to use it .but i read some where in this site "100 questions answers" that was really a good effort.jazaakAllah.
but i just read few out of those que ans, the page got closed by mistake now i am unable to find that page.
there were 2 mistakes in that page
correct ans are
1) the meaning of quran is most read book
2) there are 6666 verses in holy quran not 6232 a figure like this

Jihan

My response

I had also seen somewhere else that the quran has 6666 ayats as well as 6236. So I was confused about that. I am wondering are you for sure that 6666 is the correct number of ayats. Can you please tell me your way of calculations. Just out of curiosity did you physically count those nuber of ayats? Well InshaAllah let me know because I really would like to know the exact number of ayats. Also about the second "mistake", about the Quran not being the most read book, I quite honestly disagree. I mean some people say that the bible is the most read book . But just compare the bible to the Quran for a quick second. We are constantly reading the Quran( maybe not direct reading from the kitaab but at least reciting from it) whether we are in prayer or not. Seriously, think about it, about 500 milllion people (I know there are well over a billion muslims around the world but I seriously can't say they all pray they all the fard prayers but I'll assume InshaAllah at least half or more do) readin just al fatiha five times a day that enough is a whole lot reading. Well I guess saying that the Quran is the most read book might have to depend on if you are including the recitations out loud without directly reading from the kitaab Allahu 'alam. Is that what you, meant directly reading from the kitaab? Maybe you are correct in that case, since most people have already memorized parts of the Quraan and only sometimes read directly from the kitaab. I guess the Quraan is just different than other readings and who can really measure who reads what in this world. But MashaAllah for questioning the source, sometimes I think we all forget to do that. Find out the number of ayats and please bring your proof. JazaakAllah!!

Jihan

sorry I was confused on what u were saying about the Quran and most read book i thought you were the quran is not the most read book but you saying quran means most read book. again Sorry