Da'awah- Only to non-muslims???

habeeb_n

:salam2:

Reading many of the threads on this site, especially threads where da'awah is taking place I see a very sad sight. Many of the comments posted by our muslim brothers and sisters are advices to the non-muslim saying that do not look at the muslims to gain an impression regarding islam, but instead study it and then understand what Islam actually says. This point even I agree is very true.

But, dont you feel sad, ashamed and worried that our muslim society has come to such a level?

Dont you feel that we as muslims need to do something about this? Dont you think we need to change this?

Dont you think we need to be able to proudly say to the non-muslims to look at our muslim brethren? To look at how honest they are? How modest they are? How sincere they are? How good their intentions are? To look at how they dont drink? Dont smoke? etc. Dont you think?

If you see many of the sahabahs, they came to Islam looking at how honest the other sahabahs were in their business dealings and etc...

What I am trying to say is that we need to do Da'awah even to our own muslims. This is the need of the hour. While we continue our Da'awah activities with the non-muslims we need to also organise Da'awah events in our localities targeting our own brethren, with the sole intention of seeking Allah (swt) pleasure and secondly correcting our brethren.

For Allah says in the Qur'an:-

"Let there be a community among you, who call to the good, enjoin the right and forbid the wrong. They are the ones who have success."
(Surah Al-'Imran, verse 104)

"And warn your tribe and close ones."
(Surah al-Shura, verse 214)

"O you who believe, save yourselves and your families from the Fire."
(Surah al-Tahrim)

Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad :)saw2) is quoted to have said :-

"If one of you sees a wrong, let him change it with his hand, and if he is unable then with his tongue, and if he is unable then with his heart. And that is the weakest degree of faith."

We need to understand that Da'awah means invitation towards good. So it doesn't mean that it should be only directed towards non-muslims but also towards muslims.

I ask all brothers and sisters while you continue your Da'awah to non-muslims to look at your own community and correct them also. I am confident that there are many of you out there who are already doing this but I hope there will be more.

We need to be an example.We need to be United.We need to be MUSLIMS.

I pray to Allah (swt) to forgive our sins, to give us the understanding of the deen and our purpose here and to grant us jannah. Ameen

Jazakallah Khair.

friend263

Assalamualaikum

U are absolutely right. But the thruth is we " Muslims" are nowadays running in diffrent directions in the name of deen and faith so how can we show to others that we are on the right path. May Allah t'aala show us the path of righteous beliver and unite us to make a good example of love towards Allah and Islam and brotherhood. Aameen

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for sharing with us this very importnate remainder.

If I can add few remainders as well Inshallah on your thread dear brother.

Allah subhan wa teala sais in Quran: "And verily, this (i.e. Allah's Commandments mentioned in the above two Verses 151 and 152) is my Straight Path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His Path. This He has ordained for you that you may become Al-Muttaqun" ( Surah Al Anam, Ayah 153).

In other Allah subhan wa teala sais: " And whomsoever Allah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam, and whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted, as if he is climbing up to the sky. Thus Allah puts the wrath on those who believe not." ( Surah Al Anam, Ayah 125)

As Muslims we often forget on these words and advices of our Rabb and we are not enough thankfull to Allah for guiding our hearts toward Siratul Mustaqeem, and beautiful and the only truthfull path and that is our deen Islam. If we are learning Quran we do not give enough effort to memoraise it and to pass our knowledge on others,and as you have said brother, we should pass our knowledge not only on non Muslims but on Muslims as well.

If we do not remaind ourselfe on Allahs Words and words of our Prophet sallahu aleyhi wa saalam and stories of life of his Sahabha raddiAllahu Anhum and life stories of first generations of Muslims Salaf Al Saleeh, we may forget words of Allah and the meaning of word " Sirateel Mustaqeem".

We recitate every day Surah Al Fatiha in five daily salahs,and we repeat words of Allah " Iyyāka na'budu wa iyyāka nasta'īn
Ihdinā ṣ-ṣirāṭ al-mustaqīm,You alone do we worship, and you alone do we ask for help,Guide us to the straight path", while we forget to seek always knowledge and give Dawah to our brothers and sisters and other non Muslims, because the success for our Muslim Ummah is in gaining Islamic knowledge and sharing it with others with sabur, kindness and wisdom.

May Allah help us and increase our knowledge and that we never forget our obligations toward our own Muslim brothers and sisters,and one of those obligations toward our Rabb and them is advicing them if they do something wrong and guding them toward that what Allah is pleased.

May Allah help our Ummah and never leave us without His Help and Guidance. Ameen ya Allah.:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

You are absolutely true. And I believe in fundamental "Practice before you preach". The need of the hour is Intra-community refining parallel to Inter-community refining.

Make the Ummah better for than Dawah will be a spontaneous process. Ponder do we really justify ourselves as Representatives of Allah?.

Ignorant will continue to enter Deen of Allah inspired by Quran and our Prophet (SAW) but how many of them embrace Islam being inspired by Ikhlas and Akhlaq of Muslims.?.

Regards.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

I will put it in the other way: Non-Muslims are often inspired by Islam and seldom inspired by Muslims.

Regards.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

A fundamental purpose of TTI is just that. It provides us with an ability to gain knowledge. The fact that it is a site for younger Muslims; those who are entering adulthood and those who are at the stage of the serious commitment; so it is easy to facilitate education. You are the ones with more access to knowledge than any other generation known. And you are on it.

I think of the ayat about the oceans if they were ink. I want to seek That Knowledge. It is a forever/final goal.

Hatty

:salam2:

Thank you brother for this post. I actually like this post. That is what i really felt when I started coming back to Islam - practicing. I actually went through a period feeling like a revert who is just discovering Islam. I was born into a Muslim family, we do pray, fast etc. Probably many people just inherit those practices - part of a culture or something. But i think the most important thing is to learn and teach our children, why Islam? What is the evidence? etc. I was not taught that...I had to learn myself when I am grown up....I am still weak Muslim to be honest....

The thing is we do not inherit religious beliefs. We have to acquire our faith. It is like a degree, if your dad is a doctor, you do not inherit his degree, knowledge and profession. I have to go through that road myself if I want to be a doctor. Our education system is designed in a way that we do not learn Islam, the parents are busy working hard to provide for the family and the children spend most of the time at school or playing with other kids.

Insha Allah, I pray that we are all guided to the Straight Path and to die on that path...Ameen...

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

This is indeed very important. Places like TTI are doing a great job. You'll find many here who are "Born Reverts". Who learn about true Islam for the first time here, when all their lives they were called "Muslims".

Anyone and (almost) everyone who do Da'wah go for doing da'wah to Non muslims. But sooner than expected they realize that the core reason for them not accepting Islam is actions of "Known Muslims". So that person, whoever is interested in doing da'wah, knows he needs to do Da'wah to Muslims first. Correct their 'Aqeedah Beliefs and Behavior.

Jazaakallah khair for this beautiful reminder.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
i wouldn't say that they need dawah. i would say that they need to be reminded of their great islamic heritage. i say this because when i heard you mention dawah, i felt that dawah is a word that i would use for non-muslims, because even though there may be born muslims that are lacking fundamental knowledge of islam, at least they're muslims already. they just need guidance, but the non-muslim needs the whole nine yards when it comes to islam. the born muslim already believes in Allah, he just needs to start living for Him. the non-muslim first needs to know Allah and be ready to submit to Him.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
The problem with our brethren today is that most are only known as Muslims but they do not have good understanding about Islam. They failed to demonstrate the true teachings of Islam. But I'm convinced, every community will have black sheep, we can't avoid that.

I totally agree that we should dawah both Muslims and non Muslims. In fact priority should be given to dawah our fellow brethren more than the non Muslims in certain situation. Because our brothers and sisters are already Muslims, better we make them stronger Muslims through dawah rather than pay too much effort in dawah someone who may or may not accept Islam. If you remember the tafsir on the first few verses of Surat Al-Abasa', Allah reprimanded the Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) for not addressing Ibn Umm Makthum (who already accepted Islam) instead the Prophet was paying attention to the Qurasy leaders who are not yet accepted Islam. This is what I understand from the tafsir I learned, you may also refer the link below about this surat.

http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=69&chapter=18

Idris16

Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah wabarakatuh my brother.

My brother some of those âyahs are about Hisbah i.e. enjoining the good and forbidding the evil.

Isn't this âyah referring to the tribes who were non-Muslims?

"And warn your tribe and close ones."
(Surah al-Shura, verse 214)

I know that we are supposed to enjoin good and forbid the evil among Muslims and give them advice and reminder. But isn't Da`wah [calling the people to Islâm] only for non-Muslims? Because how can we call Muslims to Allâh when they are Muslims?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

You know what that is what we need to do first. Wake up Muslim..

I was running errands etc...and it hit me...the new hair color for Muslim women is a light strawberry blonde..the style is short...or shoulder length..the cars are SUV's...my sons had to reprimand me...I was almost in a stupefied state...their beautiful daughters dressed in the latest fashion fusion....and I drove by the masjid...there were less than twenty cars for dhur salat on a Saturday...

Oh Muslim..what are you doing??