Daily reminder #5: Your wife

Anas_L

Young Muslim
resultset_previous.png
Previous

5wYlJ.jpg

“A group of three men came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet asking how the Prophet worshiped (Allah), and when they were informed about that, they considered their worship insufficient and said, ‘Where are we from the Prophet as his past and future sins have been forgiven.’ Then one of them said, ‘I will offer Prayer throughout the night forever.’ Another said, ‘I will fast throughout the year and will not break my fast.’ The third said, ‘I will keep away from women and will not marry forever.’ Allah's Messenger came to them and said, “Are you the same people who said such-and-such? By Allah, I am more submissive to Allah and more afraid of Him than you; yet I fast and break my fast, I do sleep and I also marry women. So he who does not follow my tradition in religion, is not from me (not one of my followers).”

Hadiths & Ayah's about today's reminder

“And among His Signs is this that He created for you wives (spouses) from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for people who reflect.” (Aayah No. 21, Surah Ar-Rūm, Chapter No. 30)

“O you who believe! You are prohibited to inherit women against their will; and you should not treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the Mahr you have given them, unless they commit open illegal sex; and live with them honourably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allah brings through it a great deal of good.” (Aayah No. 4, Surah An-Nisa’, Chapter No. 4).

It was narrated from Umm Salamah (RA) that she brought some food in a dish of hers to Allah’s Messenger (PBUH) & his Companions, then Aishah (RA) came, wrapped up in a garment, with a stone pestle and broke the dish. The Prophet (PBUH) gathered the broken pieces of the dish and said (to his Companions), “Eat; your mother got jealous,” twice. Allah’s Messenger (PBUH) took the dish of Aishah (RA) and sent it to Umm Salamah (RA) and he gave the dish of Umm Salamah (RA) to Aishah (RA). (Hadith No. 3408, Book of Kind Treatment of Women, Sunan An-Nasa’i, Vol. 4).

It was reported from Hakim bin Mu’awiyah Al-Qushairi, fom his father, that he asked, “O Allah’s Messenger (PBUH)! What are the rights that our wives have over us?” He replied, “That you feed her when you eat, and clothe her when you wear clothes, and that you avoid hitting her in face or disgracing her, and that you avoid abandoning her except at home.” (Hadith No. 2142, Book of Marriage, Sunan Abu Dawud, Vol. 2).

Umm Salamah (RA) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (PBUH) said, “Whichever woman dies while her husband is pleased with her, then she enters Paradise.” (Hadith No. 1161, Chapters on Suckling, Jami’ At-Tirmidhi, Vol. 2).