Dance floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
:salam2: All.

I recently went to a asian mehndi,and there was loud asian music at the background and sisters wear dancing and there were no film crew by the way.

Is that okay sisters to dance in front of sisters?

I got forced by friends to the dance floor to dance,but I didn`t move a finger.(LOL,my friend tried to force me.....useless she didn`t get that far:SMILY149:

I do`n`t know brother and sisters if a question like this came up on TTI,but i will appreciate if you can advise.:hijabi:

Jazzak-Allah khair

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

What harm is there in celebrating. Dancing is joy. I danced with my husband and sons, too. It is great exercise.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

Imam Nawawi said with commentary by Muhammad Shirbini khatib : it is not prohibited to dance

This is according to hadith in Bukhari that the prophet SAW stood before aishah to screen her from view so that she could observe the Abyssinians sporting and dancing

zarah

Islam
Staff member

Imam Nawawi said with commentary by Muhammad Shirbini khatib : it is not prohibited to dance

This is according to hadith in Bukhari that the prophet SAW stood before aishah to screen her from view so that she could observe the Abyssinians sporting and dancing

Jazzak-Allah Khair I didn`t know that,learnt something new.:SMILY149:

maryam2k7

maryam
:salam2: All.

I recently went to a asian mehndi,and there was loud asian music at the background and sisters wear dancing and there were no film crew by the way.

Is that okay sisters to dance in front of sisters?

I got forced by friends to the dance floor to dance,but I didn`t move a finger.(LOL,my friend tried to force me.....useless she didn`t get that far:SMILY149:

I do`n`t know brother and sisters if a question like this came up on TTI,but i will appreciate if you can advise.:hijabi:

Jazzak-Allah khair

salaam,

i am not sure bt my uncle is an imam n gt a degree on islam in medina/makkah (nt sure wich) n he sed it is okay for muslim women to dance in front of muslim women however music in islam is nt allowed as it attracts jinn (theys a story about this wich i cannot remmeba!! i wil try to find out )

i hope this wil help you!!

salaam

zarah

Islam
Staff member
salaam,

i am not sure bt my uncle is an imam n gt a degree on islam in medina/makkah (nt sure wich) n he sed it is okay for muslim women to dance in front of muslim women however music in islam is nt allowed as it attracts jinn (theys a story about this wich i cannot remmeba!! i wil try to find out )

i hope this wil help you!!

salaam

Jazzak-Allah khair,Inshallah I will be looking foward to the story.:SMILY149:

Asalaamalikum,

I know I can dance but I hate dancing. I personally feel weird when I dance, like I'm too masculine for it. I just can't go around shaking my bum bum like some guys :SMILY286:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother, chill out..and let it loose...it is great for the heart. I knew a woman who had heart attacks and her doctor told her to go and dance..she dropped 20 pounds and her heart became strong.
One of my devoted brothers is going to make a youtube video for me on dancing.

halah

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Dancing is makrooh in principle, but if it is done in the western manner or in imitation of the kaafir women, then it becomes haraam, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” Moreover it sometimes leads to fitnah, because the dancer may be a young, beautiful woman, so the other women are tempted. Even if she is among other women, the other women may do things that indicate that they are temped by her. And whatever is a cause of fitnah is not allowed

On this link you can get the complete answer

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=9290&ln=eng&txt=dancing

zarah

Islam
Staff member

Dancing is makrooh in principle, but if it is done in the western manner or in imitation of the kaafir women, then it becomes haraam, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” Moreover it sometimes leads to fitnah, because the dancer may be a young, beautiful woman, so the other women are tempted. Even if she is among other women, the other women may do things that indicate that they are temped by her. And whatever is a cause of fitnah is not allowed

Jazzak-Allah khair

sky_012

well, i was wondering the same, because in my uni there is a group of hijabi girls , and once they invited me to a party in the hostel in one of the rooms and only girls were invited,
once we were all there, they put off their scarfs and put music and started all dancing, i have to say i was so shocked

i don't understand how we can dance if everyone here says music is haraam and i've never seen anyone dancing without music

so if someone says that dancing is ok, means on special occasions music is also ok? like u are in a girls party only and u can listen to music and dance?
well, logically i don't think so, because if u can listen to music in a girls party, then u can also listen to it when ur alone and dance alone

hmm, i'm confused

halah

Some of them used the hadeeth about the Abyssinians playing in the mosque of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) as evidence that singing is allowed! Al-Bukhaari included this hadeeth in his Saheeh under the heading Baab al-Hiraab wa’l-Daraq Yawm al-‘Eid (Chapter on Spears and Shields on the Day of Eid) .Volume2,Book15,No.70. Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This indicates that it is permissible to play with weapons and the like in the mosque, and he applied that to other activities connected with jihaad. (Sharh Muslim). But as al-Haafiz ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: whoever speaks about something which is not his profession will come up with weird ideas such as these.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=5000&ln=eng&txt=Abyssinians

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
well, i was wondering the same, because in my uni there is a group of hijabi girls , and once they invited me to a party in the hostel in one of the rooms and only girls were invited,
once we were all there, they put off their scarfs and put music and started all dancing, i have to say i was so shocked

i don't understand how we can dance if everyone here says music is haraam and i've never seen anyone dancing without music

so if someone says that dancing is ok, means on special occasions music is also ok? like u are in a girls party only and u can listen to music and dance?
well, logically i don't think so, because if u can listen to music in a girls party, then u can also listen to it when ur alone and dance alone

hmm, i'm confused

Assalamu aleikum
I was just invited in one of those strange parties :)
I said no thank u...
If music is haram ,what kind of party its gonna be ,with dancing and all that.I would prefer to meet and discuss Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet(PBUH) and learn something, instead of this, its waste of time...

Music Is Haram ,I don't know about dancing

waaleikum salam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

very often i see people quote the hadith that says '' whoever imitates a people is of that people. '' i feel that just because some non-muslims have customs or pastimes, doesn't neccessarily make those things bad. the kaffirs built the mercedes benz, the iPod, computers, airplanes etc. yet we muslims all use these things. my point is that some people say that's for kaffirs etc. but some of those things really aren't immoral. i understand that dancing can go bad, but there are other things that really aren't a big deal.

hmm, i'm confused

Asaalaamalikum,

I agree with what you're saying. Music is haram. I have seen some people do break dancing without music - I personally don't do it but it is a form of exercise and requires great strength and agility.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
i dont know specifically about this issue from the point of view of hadith, but from the general knowledge and principals of islam, i can say that if dancing is not haram or makruh, at least it is not something that is being encouraged.

i know life is an endowment of Allah swt and should be thanked for. One form of thanking is to live it happily and appreciate it and not live it miserably.
But there are many other ways to living a happy life.

there are a few points which make me think that dancing as a muslim may not be such a good idea:

1- there is a hadith which i dont remember specifically, but i remember its main topic that if a person sleeps without worrying about the problems of other muslims, is not from us (please correct me).

Looking at the above, I wonder how we can dance when muslim children, women and men, old and young are going through the trials and tribulations everywhere in the world.
if we do so, we will be trying to forget them. and that as a muslim is not fare.

2- every act that keeps us away from the remembrance of Allah swt and the day of judgement is not welcomed in islam as a general rule. by indulging in these kind of group activities, it is easy to forget about the above (may Allah swt protect us)

3- according to the hadith (addunya sijnul mumin wa jannatul kafir: Translation; life of this world is prison of the believer and paradise of non-believer) it is clear that this life of ours is a testing ground and not for fun. We should wait for that in the hereafter (inshaallah) and prepare for it.

4- generally, dancing is not used for exercise, but it is used in combination with all other ill acts such as music, alcohol etc.
it is used as a means of finding happiness. The happiness of a muslim should lie somewhere other than this.

Wallahu alam. If i am wrong, I ask for Allah's forgiveness
wassalam

muharram23

Staff member

barakallahu feek,
always good to have a fatwa by a kebirul ulema and not people like us.

Assalamu alaykum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Dancing is used for exercise. Most colleges will offer dance classes under physical education. Sometimes to help others we have to spend a moment free ourselves of stress/pressure.

Believer1985

i dont dance...but only because I cant.
I heard music is allowed as long as the lyrics are clean. in all honesty i listen to quite a lot of western tunes!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

you put your right foot in
you put your right foot out.. ( sorry, that's for the white folks)..i'm kidding people.

or
step, step, side to side, round and round, dip and dive, step step..etc

life is so short sometimes we need to chill..everyone can dance...every child dances as soon as they can walk...

Status
Not open for further replies.