Dawah, the true concept

OneTruth

Assalamu'alaikum Wr Wb,

Having studied in a catholic school, and interaction with some of my christian friends, I have realized that their movement, or mission in spread their own faith has been very strong. No doubt I have to say that they have cultivated a very good system that which many christian are applying nowadays.

For Islam, what actually is the true concept of Dawah that which Rasullulah (SAW) had taught in the past? Is there a system to allow us to follow? Is there level of knowledge to reach before we can dawah? And for converts who are still not very fluent in Islam yet, is there any way for them to contribute too?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa barakatuh

welcome brother to the site! I hope you will find benefit and enjoy your stay here. Its still new, but inshaAllah the community will grow strong and have many more features.

Yes, Converts and any Muslim who has the smallest amount of knowledge, can contribute what they know to society.

The Prophet (SAW) said> “Convey from me, even if it is one verse.” (bukhari) i

So it is allowed for someone to talk, explain and give dawah about Islam to people. However, it should be confined to the person's knowledge on that issue, based on the book of Allah and the sunnah of his Prophet (SAW).

It is a sin to talk about something in Islam you do not have knowledge about. So nobody should talk about Islam without being able to produce authentic evidence to prove their point.

If someone doesnt know the answer to something, then it is important for them to ask the learned ones who do.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]{Then ask the People of Knowledge if you do not know}, [Soorah an-Nahl, Aayah 43 and Soorah al-Anbiyaa., Aayah 7].[/FONT]

I have added some articles to the forum inshaAllah, you will find beneficial:

Categories of People Regarding Knowledge

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108

About Giving Dawah and the levels of people of KNowledge
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=176#post176

abbasnajafi

assalam aliakum

well dear brother onetruth , there is no ristrection on dawah in islam , you should tell what you know but of course it would not bring any results unless you have a level of knowldge , but the knowldge which you have to get before dawah or to be able to do dawah successfuly is knowlgde in belief " aqida " in arabic becuase you start with it , you don't need as an example to have information about rules 'ahkam" or fiqh which is concerned with treat ment with other people as an example or prayers or haj , becuase first you will be talking about god , well some times you need even to make him understand that there is a god , and this world must have a god , some times you will have to correct the concept of god for him , like some christians say " the man up there " , but as some one who has experiance believe me it is realy hard and disappointing for some one who is new in islam , the most important thing is that you know the right believe and be able to answer these quetions about allah almighty subhanahu , if you are interested and all of the other brothers , i am working on translating a part of speach to imam ali peace be upon him , he teach us exactly how to think about allah almighty , when i finsh it inshallah i will publish it.

fendi_ibrahim

Dear my beloved brother and sister....

We have to understand, that dakwah is the work of Holy Prophet pbuh, the work of his companions and the work of each of his ummah... Learn it, and practice it in your life, and you can feel how Allah swt will help this ummah, trough it.

seekingtruth2

as salaamu alaykm,
I beleive that you can give dawah even as a very new revert to islam! What our brother says is true.. if a subject comes up in which you have no knowlege then refer to those who have it! I have a website which brings to light the truth about the common misconceptions of islam and and helps new converts with the problems they face as such. I have people everyday asking me of my conversion to islam and asking questions about what we believe and why. I do not feel uneasy about any of this... when I come across questions in which I have no knowlege I have people who help me with my little site that I refer people to. Its never been a problem for me yet that I have no arabic writing skills and very little speaking skills, though I will soon learn as I take classes weekly at my mosque. I feel when I am speaking to someone about islam that Allah is there guiding my tongue... these are the moments I KNOW Allah is with me! Do whatever you feel led by allah swt to do and you will succeed! I have seen many people enter into Islam based on talking to me... a person who is not very smart and with what I consider very little knowlege! Alhumdullilah... Allah is a mighty Allah and can use even the simplest people.Yourself included! peace and blessings be unto you and your family......ramadan mubarak!