News Deadliest US tornadoes since 1900 that hit Oklahoma City 2013

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:bismillah:
:salam:
greeting
Deadliest US tornadoes since 1900
Dozens of people are dead after a tornado hit the suburb of Moore in Oklahoma City. Here is a list of the deadliest US tornadoes since 1900:

Tornado-Cars_2568407b.jpg

Overturned cars are seen from destruction from a huge tornado near Oklahoma City Photo: REUTERS
By AP
2:23AM BST 21 May 2013
- 695 deaths. March 18, 1925, in Missouri, Illinois and Indiana.
- 216 deaths. April 5, 1936, in Tupelo, Mississippi.
- 203 deaths. April 6, 1936, in Gainesville, Georgia.
- 181 deaths. April 9, 1947, in Woodward, Oklahoma.
- 158 deaths. May 22, 2011, in Joplin, Missouri.
- 143 deaths. April 24, 1908, in Amite, Louisiana, and Purvis, Mississippi.
- 116 deaths. June 8, 1953, in Flint, Michigan.
- 114 deaths. May 11, 1953 in Waco, Texas.
- 114 deaths. May 18, 1902 in Goliad, Texas.
- 103 deaths. March 23, 1913, in Omaha, Nebraska.
Source: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

News 4:15AM BST 21 May 2013
* 51 confirmed dead after tornado hit suburb of Oklahoma City
* 24 students missing from Plaza Tower primary school
* At least 120 people are injured
* Mother and baby died sheltering in freezer
* Hundreds of homes flattened

Latest
Dozens dead as mile-wide tornado hits Oklahoma City: as it happened.
A mile-wide tornado has hit the outskirts of Oklahoma City, flattening at least two primary schools and killing dozens of people, including young students.

New tornado flattens Oklahoma

5:32AM BST 21 May 2013
As the president ordered federal aid to supplement state and local recovery efforts, the scale of the destruction and loss was brutally clear, with whole neighbourhoods reduced to piles of debris by the storm.
The hardest hit area was the suburb of Moore, home to 55,000 people, where a primary school with children sheltering inside was razed.
Rescuers managed to pull at least 30 of the estimated 75 children from the Plaza Tower school, but at least two dozen more were believed to be inside, Most of them are feared to have died when the tornado struck. In one amazing example of bravery, six children were saved when their teacher, who sustained serious injuries, used her body to sheild them.
James Rushing, who lives across the street, heard reports of the approaching tornado and ran to the school, where his five-year-old foster son, Aiden, attends classes. Mr Rushing believed he would be safer there.
“About two minutes after I got there, the school started coming apart,” he said. The students managed to shelter inside a bathroom while the tornado raged, he said.

Elsewhere, reports said four people died as they tried to shelter in a freezer and another seven drowned in a pond.
The force of the tornado was terrifying. One woman who was trapped inside her home, which collapsed in the wind, rang her daughter to tell her she couldn’t breathe.
Tiffany Thronesberry said she heard from her mother, Barbara Jarrell, shortly after the tornado struck.
“I got a phone call from her screaming, 'Help! Help! I can’t breathe. My house is on top of me!’” she said.
She was later pulled out of the ruins of her home alive.
As night fell, rescue teams continued to search for survivors in the rubble of homes, shops and public buildings.
The Oklahoma medical examiner confirmed 51 deaths including 20 children, making it the deadliest US tornado since one killed 161 people in Joplin, Missouri. Area hospitals reported at least 230 people injured, including at least 45 children.
The National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center provided the town with a warning 16 minutes before the tornado, with winds of up to 200 mph, touched down at 3:01pm local time (2001 GMT).
Television media measured the tornado at more than two miles wide, with images showing blocks of homes levelled by the twister, cars piled atop one another and buildings on fire.
The National Weather Service assigned the twister a preliminary ranking of EF4 on the Enhanced Fujita Scale, meaning the second most powerful category of tornado.
“The whole city looks like a debris field,” Glenn Lewis, the mayor of Moore, told NBC.
“It looks like we have lost our hospital. I drove by there a while ago and it’s pretty much destroyed,” he said.
Fire, rescue and emergency medical teams from across the state converged on Moore, said Terri Watkins, a spokesman for the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management.
“They are going to going to go house to house, building to building to determine whether anyone is trapped,”Ms Watkins said.
Amid the chaos, stories of survival emerged.
“We thought we died because we were inside the cellar door...It ripped open the door and just glass and debris started slamming on us and we thought we were dead to be honest,” Ricky Stover said while surveying the devastated remains of his home.
Cyndi Christopher was at work and went to pick up her son from daycare when she heard the storm warning. After taking her son home, she was forced to flee when she noticed the storm was coming their way.
“I drove as fast as I could and I outran the storm,” she said.

~News.

5/19/2013 Shawnee violent Tornado
footage of the deadly Shawnee,tornado.Oklahoma tornado.

Thank you for reading/viewing,

~Wassalam.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji`oon.

I think they said at least 2 infants had died as well. May Allaah`azza wa jall protect us all from such calamities!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★

Truly sad!
Sympathies and condolences
to the people of
Oklahoma city and those that affected.

Thank you for passing by sister
Take care,
~Wassalam

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:bismillah:

greeting
Watch ,NASA Captures Oklahoma Tornado From Space

Subhanallah
~May Allah swt help,guide and protect all muslims~Amin!

~Wassalam

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Ok. tornado update:

Oklahoma tornado: Disaster declared as dozens are killed in Moore
Oklahoma tornado survivors speak

~Wassalam

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
US: Major disaster declared in Oklahoma .

With deepest
Sympathies and condolences
to the people of
Oklahoma city and those that affected
during this tragic and sad moment.

~Wassalam