dear brothers and sisters, some advice please!

truefaith101

~*~I Love Islam~*~
:salam2:
Dear brothers and sisters,

in an American high school, it's kind of hard getting to classes if you're wearing a long skirt, see we only have 5 mins to get to class and i have to go up and down stairs, alhamdullillah i wear hijab and i really do fear Allah swt, but the only way for me to get around in that big crowd is by wearing pants, the pants i wear are baggy, they don't emphasize my body in any way, i also wear long shirts that go just above the knee by an inch or so, so can you please tell me what to do because i am lost and i don't want to get bad deeds, my niya is not to look good but to be able to move around, what should i do?

i'm posting this because i just read in another post that it is forbidden for women to wear pants infront of anyone, including other women!

Jazakumallahu keir,
Your sister, Faith
:tti_sister:
:wasalam:

muslimahindeen

:salam2: Sista i'll like to say that a muslim womens clothing should be of such a material that it does not reveal the shape of her body also it should not be transparent............and should not be such clothing where men will be attracted to her..........i'm not sure what to advise u on wearing cos if i'm to be honest with all my sisters is to wear what Allah swt has commanded and that is the proper islamic attire where every thing is concealed.........
and the wearing of pants i'll honestly tell u iwear them i have loads of em jeans ,cargos trousers u name it i have em and i wear em all within the confines of my home and beneath my jilbab............so i can't say it's wrong.... women should not imitate men in dress and vice versa..........so i guess pants are for men ............every one should have haya it says in ahadeeth "AL HAYAOO MIN AL IMAN" MODESTY IS HALF OF FAITH...... May Allah swt guide u and makes it easy to do what is right InshAllah .......:wasalam:

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Walaykum Salaam
The Qur'an says that Allah doesn't wish to place a burden too heavy for a soul to bear. As long as the pants weren't meant for boys (it's Makrooh, or hated, for girls/boys to dress unlike their own gender, I believe) and as long as they don't show the shape of your body (Haram for both males and females), then it's ok. Allah knows best, though.

Noor to shine

:salam2: sister
May Allah bless you for your faith and sincerity .....all i can say ....try your best to wear a perfect Higab whatever it is .........I mean be careful to make it loose, not showing , simple .........and i think you know how the Higab should be .......:SMILY139:

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Assalamu alaikum Sister,

Since you mentioned that you wear long shirts that go just above your knees and your pants are baggy, in sha Allah it is permissible. Read below (from Islam Q&A).

Women wearing pants​
Question:
Is are women or girls allowed to wear pants. If not Why.?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Muslim woman have to wear clothes that will conceal the body and her ‘awrah, by wearing clothes that do not show the skin, as see-though clothes do, and do not show the shape of the body, as tight clothes do. Pants or trousers are clothes that show the shape of a woman’s body and ‘awrah, so for this reason it is not permissible for women to wear pants, unless she wears over them a wide or loose shirt. One of the aims of Islam is protect people’s ‘awrahs and avoid uncovering them, because taking this matter lightly is one of the means of falling into that which Allaah has forbidden, namely zina (fornication, adultery) and the things that lead to it. The Muslim woman has to adhere to the Islamic etiquette in the way she dresses, moves and speaks. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment ... And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”[al-Noor 24:31]

And Allah knows best.

‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

One thing I just wanted to acknowledge that there must be a scarf/Hijab which covers the breast part also, even you are wearing a long shirt. Just wearing the shirt can be risky as it might be possible for the body figures to be visible.

Wassalaam,
VE

asabr

Asalam alaikum wr/wb
Mashallah tabaraka allah....may allah guide you more my dear sister. I'm happy to hear that you are concerned about your hijab. I go to university and most of my classes are on the 3rd floor, I don't mind it because i feel that my legs are kinda exercising when i use the stairs. I wear the full islamic hijab..my khimar goes down close to my knees instead of the one that goes close to my ankle because of the size. I don't have a problem moving in it because it is very loose...infact i can run in the khimar...but i usually won't unless the coast is clear. Anyhows I think the problem with your covering is the cut of the skirt or the jilbab....you might want to go to the muslim stores and look at jilbabs that have a free fitting cut which wont limit your steps...Avoid buying these denim skirts or skirts from the local western store-they usually do what you are describing...i use to wear them a year ago before I wore the full hijab. I include a website of a muslim sister in the USA who makes khimars, jilbabs, niqabs, skirts etc....I highly recommend her although I've never met her...she ships them everywhere....that's how i got mine and I love them.. May Allah make it easy for you...amin...1 more thing is....here is a link for the requirements of the hijab....
http://www.loveunspoken.com
http://www.islamway.com/index.php?iw_s=esc&lang=2&id=147&target=3
asalam alaikum

truefaith101

~*~I Love Islam~*~
Jazakumallahu keir

Jazakumallahu keir brothers and sisters, the links were great and the information and the ideas were great too!! I will try my best to follow the hijab guidelines, may allah protect us all and guide us all and accept all our work and good deed inshallah!
Ameen:tti_sister:

Your Sister,
Faith

Jihan

Well if you wear a skirt to your knees and pants underneath that should be a good combo.. really. but about ur situation about having the five minutes and the stairs, let me tell you something from first to second i go up 3 flights( im not sure how many you have to go up) in a five min period, also from 5 to 6 period same thing. and i cont. to wear my long skirts to scool, i know its hard sometimes (not to mention I've come to tripping several times over my skirt), but its not too bad. just make sure u lift ur skirt a little on your way up. again the skirt to knee( as long as its loose) plus pants is good too, sometimes its better than the long tight skirts some people wear.

Jihan

you're skirt pants combo sounds nice. but i wanted to tell you i have the same stuation as you at school i have five minutes to get to class and many stairs to climb usually 3 flights (im not sure how many u have to climb). but i cont. to wear my long skirts. i know its hard sometimes just make sure u lift ur skirt a little on ur way up. again though the skirt with pants sounds good as long as the skirt is loose. sometimes thats better than some of the tight long skirts some people wear.