Death of Shaykh Dr. Saleh as-Saleh and Shaykh Dr. Bakr Ibn ‘Abdullaah Abu Zayd

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu`alaykum

Inna lillahi wa inna ‘ilayhi raji’oon.

‘Abdullaah ibn ‘amr ibnul-‘aas said that the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said:
"Allaah does not snatch away the knowledge from the servants but he takes it by taking away the scholars. until there is no scholar left and the people take the ignorant ones as their leaders and they are asked and they give fataawa (islaamic verdicts) without knowledge so they go astray and they lead others astray."

May Allah aza wa jal forgive them n grant them a place in Jannah among the ulamaa who have strived for His cause and give they family sabr during this difficult time.. ameen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Passing of Shaykh, Dr. Saleh as-Saleh

Just before maghrib today (UK time) I received the very sad news that Shaykh, Dr. Saleh as-Saleh passed away shortly after the ‘asr prayer in the Prophet’s Masjid. Shaykh, Dr. Muhammad al-Jibaly wrote via his yahoo group:

“I did not believe the news at first, but just called his phone, and his wife confirmed it to me, and said he was too exhausted, and this was the main cause of his death (at the young age of about 50). She said his body is now in al-Ansar hospital, and will be buried tomorrow morning in al-Baqee’.

His passing on Jumu’ah, and in the Prophet’s Masjid while performing ‘ibaadah, are indeed very good indicators. May Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) forgive him, augment his good deeds tremendously, and admit him to Jannah in the company of the prophets and the most righteous.”

Like Dr. Muhammad al-Jibaly, many of us were in shock when we first head of Dr. Saleh as-Saleh’s passing, to the point that none of us wanted to believe it. This alone goes to show the high esteem in which many held him, the great love that they had for him and how sorely they will miss him.

I first started attending the online classes of Dr. Saleh as-Saleh a few years ago and benefitted immensely from them, not just from his knowledge, but from his manners and his wisdom and patience in calling to the path of Allaah.

Those who encountered the Shaykh could not help but be touched by him, his sincerity, his concern for others and his strong desire to help those who needed it. Just a quick scout around the internet is enough to realise the impact he had on those of us in the English speaking world and many accounts of people’s personal experiences with the Shaykh are today a plenty.

I had been thinking of writing on the topic of “having concern for others” and it is in this vain that I make mention of an incident that will forever remain dear to me. As I have previously mentioned I had been attending the online classes of Shaykh Saleh as-Saleh, but had to stop when I moved house because I was without internet connection and had to wait a month or so before they could connect it.

During that period Dr. Saleh as-Saleh emailed me asking me how I was and wanted me to email him back to (at the very least) let him know that I was alright, he also asked me to forgive him for anything that he may have done to offend me. His email really touched me because it was full of sincerity and showed real concern for me, yet he hardly knew me at the time.

Such concern for others was not something unique to me, for indeed many experienced such selfless acts from our beloved Shaykh.

He dedicated all of his free time to teaching and spreading Islam, and would on a daily basis spend his evenings and the early hours of the morning (sometimes right up until the fajr prayer) teaching us (in the West) via his online classes. I do not know when the Shaykh had time to sleep.

Dr. Saleh as-Saleh has left behind a mountain of knowledge, with there being well over one thousand audio lectures and a plethora of articles on his website (www.understand-islam.net) alone, not to mention his published works. I have a number of transcriptions from the classes of the Shaykh available on my blog, and I am in the process of transcribing more. May Allaah make all of it an ongoing charity for him, ameen!

I ask Allaah to shower His Mercy on the Shaykh, forgive him his sins, grant him Jannah and give his family patience and grant them ease in their affairs, ameen!

Aboo Uthmaan
1st Safar 1429 A.H
(Corresponding to Friday 8th February 2008 C.E)

About the Shaykh, Dr. Saleh as-Saleh:

Dr. Saleh as-Saleh was from the foremost students of Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-’Uthaymeen. He took knowledge from the Shaykh from a long distance for a while, then on a continuous basis from 1412-1415H and then regularly from 1415H where he became a dedicated student and studied with him until his death in 1421H. Dr. Saleh lived around 500 yards from Shaykh al-Uthaymeen’s house and has been blessed by Allaah to have obtained a PHd in Medical Biochemistry and was a professor at Qaasim University, KSA. Furthermore, he is a well-known author of many great writings and books. He resided in ‘Unayzah, KSA and was active in his call to the Salafi da’wah. He held regular classes in the English Language on Paltalk, under Social Issues, Room: Understand Islam.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shaykh Bakr Abu Zayd has passed away on Tuesday in Riyadh.

Shaykh Dr. Bakr Ibn ‘Abdullaah Abu Zayd Ibn Muhammad

He is the noble Shaykh Bakar Ibn ‘Abdullaah Abu Zayd Ibn Muhammad Ibn ‘Abdullaah Ibn Bakar Ibn ‘Uthmaan Ibn Yahyaa from the tribe of Banee Zayd al-Qadhaa’iyyah. He was born in 1365 A.H./1944 C.E.

He studied the Noble Qur’aan until the second year of infant studies, then moved to Riyaadh in 1375 A.H./1954 C.E. where he continued his studies, then to the educational institute, then the Faculty of Sharee’ah (at the University of Imaam Muhammad) until he graduated in 1387 A.H./1966 C.E. as an associate with first class.

In 1384 A.H./1963 C.E. he moved to Madeenah where he held the post of custodian of the general library within the Islaamic University.

Alongside his curriculum studies he used to frequent a number of knowledge (seeking) circles of a number of scholars in Riyadh, Makkah and Madeenah.

In Riyaadh, he studied Meeqaat under Shaykh Saalih Ibn Mutlaq, and studied 25 points from Maqaamaat al-Hareeree, which his Shaykh had already memorised in entirity. In fiqh, he studied the book of transactions (al-Buyoo’) from al-Hajaawee’s “Zaad al-Mustaqni’”.

In Makkah he studied the book of Hajj from al-Majd Ibn Taymiyyah’s “al-Muntaqaa” under Shaykh ‘Abdul-’Azeez Ibn ‘Abdullaah Ibn Baaz (rahima-hullaah) during the Hajj season at al-Masjid al-Haraam in 1385 A.H./1964 C.E.

He sought authorization from a teacher in al-Masjid al-Haraam, namely Shaykh Sulaymaan Ibn ‘Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Hamdaan, so he personally wrote an authorisation for him to teach all the books of the Sunnah.

In Madeenah he studied Ibn Hajar’s “Fath al-Baaree” and “Buloogh al-Maraam” under Shaykh Ibn Baaz (rahima-hullaah), including a number of theses in fiqh, tawheed and hadeeth in his house. In short he frequented him for 2 years after which Shaykh Ibn Baaz (rahima-hullaah) authorised him to teach these books.

Since moving to Madeenah, he also frequented Shaykh Muhammad al-Ameen ash-Shanqeetee (rahima-hullaah) for approximately 10 years until the Shaykh’s (rahima-hullaah) death during Hajj in 1393 A.H./1972 C.E. In tafseer he studied the Shaykh’s “Adwaa. al-Bayaan”, and also the Shaykh’s thesis “Aadaab al-Bahth wal-Munaatharah”. He also studied Ibn ‘Abdul-Barr’s “al-Qasd wal-Umam” and some of “al-Inaabah”.

In all he has received approximately 20 authorisations (to teach different books of knowledge) from the scholars of Makkah, Madeenah, RIyaadh, Morocco, Syria, India, Africa and other than them.

In 1399 A.H./1978 C.E., he studied at the Supreme Court of Justice as an associate, and achieved a Masters degree, and in 1403 A.H./1982 C.E. he achieved a Doctorate.

After graduating from the Faculty of Sharee’ah in 1387 A.H./1966 C.E., he was selected as a judge for the city of Madeenah, whereby a Royal Decree was issued to appoint him as such. He continued in this post until 1400 A.H./1979 C.E.

He was also appointed as a teacher in the Prophet’s Masjid in 1390 A.H./1969 C.E. until 1400 A.H./1979 C.E.

In 1391 A.H./1970 C.E. a Royal Decree was issued appointing him as an imaam and khateeb of the Prophet’s Masjid, and he continued in this post until the beginning of 1396 A.H./1975 C.E.

In 1400 A.H./1979 C.E., a decree was issued by the Council of Minsiters selecting him as general procurator for the Minsitry of Justice, and he continued in this post until the end of 1412 A.H./1991 C.E., when a Royal Decree was issued appointing him to the rank of excellence, and in turn a member of Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawa and also the Council of Senior Scholars.

In 1405 A.H./1984 C.E. a Royal Decree was issued appointing him as representative of the Kingdom at the International Islaamic Fiqh Assembly, whereby he was selected as president of the Assembly.

In 1406 A.H./1985 C.E., he was appointed a member of the Fiqh Assembly at ar-Raabitah al-’Aalam al-Islaamee (Muslim World League).

The Shaykh has approximately 66 publications to his name ranging from hadeeth, fiqh, Arabic and others, with the number consistently rising due to his on-going efforts.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

I can confirm all that good that has been said about him (Dr. Saleh As-Saleh), during uni our questions would always receive response from him, maa shaa Allaah he helped us out greatly. I will for certain miss his online classes, and miss hearing his voice which he dedicated in teaching us English speaking Muslims. His written works are of excellent quality. I was reading his book on Hawaa a night or so before he passed away whilst laughing and smiling about how he writes how he speaks! Rahimahullaahu ta`aala.

There is also another thread here,
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26775&page=2

Doris

May Allaah Have Mercy on the Shayoukhs.

Innah lilahi ua inna ilahi rajioun.

Dr. Salih learned even english with the intetion to teach the non-arabic speaking people Islam. May Allaah Azauajal have mercy on shaikh Bakr Abu Zayd, and we should benifit from his books. Again dear believers from the marks of yaumul-qiyamah is the death of scholars and the fast widespread rythm of ignorance. As well from the marks of yaumul-qiyamah is sudden death.

A Muslim

Innah Lilahi un illahi rajioun

:salam2:

Indeed a great tradgey but for them to die in one of the greatest manners mashallah.... may Allah (SWT) grant them a place in jannah inshallah.... AMEEEEEN!

hambaAllah

:bismillah:

Inna lilahi wa inna ilahi rajeon.....:salah::tti_sister:May Allah subhana wa ta'ala grants them jannah ....Ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen

:wasalam::hijabi:

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

عظم الله أجركم في وفاة الشيخين الجليلين

انا لله وانا اليه راجعون

اللهم احشرنا واياهم مع النبيين والصديقين والشهداء والصالحين - وحسن اولئك رفيقا

Kayote

Assalam u Aliekum

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.

May Allah make the rest of their journey easier.

Salam