depression??

anna

:salam2:
does anyone here know as to wat we should recite in depression, agony & despair. are there any specific du'as to recite when faced with such a situation.
thanking u in anticipation.:)

saara

Assalamo 3alaykoom
sister here's some of benefical du'uas for depression and difficulties:

"Ya Hayy,Ya Qaywm bi-rahmatika astaghithu,aslih lii sheny kullahu wa la takilnii illa nafsi tarfata'ain" (Oh Allah The Alive One,The Self-Subsisting,it is Your Mercy that i hope for,so do not leave me in charge of my affairs even for a blink of an eye and rectify for me all of my affairs.)

"Allahumma inniy aoodhu bika minal hammi wal hazan"

Or u can recite also frecvently:
"La Ilaaha Illaa Anta Subhanaka Inniy Kuntu Minaz Dhaalimeen" (Soorah Al-Anbiya')

:wasalam:

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

As sister sara said and you can add what the prophet peace be up on him use to teach his companion, just rem what ever happens to us is better for us, some time Allah want to hear us begging him, asking him

034-117.gif

O Allaah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.’

034-116.gif

‘O Allaah, I am Your servant, son of Your servant, son of Your maidservant, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You name Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety.

Supplication for one whose affairs have become difficult
040-131.gif

‘O Allaah, there is no ease except in that which You have made easy, and You make difficulty, if You wish, easy.’

wa salaam alikom

anna

jazakallah

thanks saara & bro. mrmuslim for sharing such beautiful duas , may Allah reward u for that.:) it was very sublime wat u said abt Allah sometimes wanting us to beg & ask Him.

anna

wat shall we say if we want to thank Allah for sth?
(i hope u guys are not irritated , by me questioning incessantly):p

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum Anna,

Please ask as many questions as you want its Ok :)

this is a nice website: www.makedua.com it has many dua on it which are based on the Quran and authentic hadith.

wasalam.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
anna said:
wat shall we say if we want to thank Allah for sth?
(i hope u guys are not irritated , by me questioning incessantly):p
walikom salaam

after the 5th Question the rate is 1$ per question :biggrin: he he :) jk

as brother Mabsoot said ask as many qeustion you can :) by the way what is ( thank Allah for sth)? can you explain please :)

Wa salaam alikom

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Mrmuslim said:
walikom salaam

after the 5th Question the rate is 1$ per question :biggrin: he he :) jk

as brother Mabsoot said ask as many qeustion you can :) by the way what is ( thank Allah for sth)? can you explain please :)

Wa salaam alikom

She means she wants to Thank Allah for things.. to thank Allah you can also pray two rakah (units of prayer).

The Prophet –peace and blessings of Allah be upon him- was the most grateful servant of Allah. He taught us to remember Allah and give thanks to Him all the times. He told us that when we get up in the morning we should say:

When the Prophet – peace be upon him - used to go to bed, he used to say, “In your name I die and I live.” And when he used to wake up, he used to say, “Thanks be to Allah who brought us to life after he made us to die and to Him is the resurrection.” (Al-Bukhari, 5837)

Surah Nahl 16:114 So eat of the lawful and good food which Allâh has provided for you. And be grateful for the Graces of Allâh, if it is He Whom you worship.

Surah Saba 34, 12-13
12. And to Solomon (We subjected) the wind, its morning (stride from sunrise till midnoon) was a month's (journey), and its afternoon (stride from the midday decline of the sun to sunset) was a month's (journey i.e. in one day he could travel two months' journey). And We caused a fount of (molten) brass to flow for him, and there were jinns that worked in front of him, by the Leave of his Lord, and whosoever of them turned aside from Our Command, We shall cause him to taste of the torment of the blazing Fire.
13. They worked for him what he desired, (making) high rooms, images, basins as large as reservoirs, and (cooking) cauldrons fixed (in their places). "Work you, O family of Dâwud (David), with thanks!" But few of My slaves are grateful

anna

lol...

oh my god...lol...av u lost ur job or something bro. mrmuslim! jk.
i meant if we want to thank Allah for something..sorry abt that.(i hate typing , so i try to cut it short).
am very grateful to u bro. mabsoot for ur help, the site u mentioned is really good.the verses u quoted show just how important it is to thank Allah for everything. tell me sth, is it ok to pray in any language u want to or its better in arabic , so here is another question.
p.s oh , & ill try to wire u the money later bro. mrmuslim:) .

Farooq

Gr8 job every1

Assalam-o-alaikum.....Thanx every1 for sharing these wonderful dua's....especially for the dpression problem....thanx alot....

Mokat

how about finding some friends, getting out of the house etc.
deal with the root cause - idle man and the devil
prayers will help but you need your mates around you
retail therapy! no i dont think that will work
camping with my mates really helps - saying your prayers out in the open
you cant beat the feeling
so do i make a good psychologist
no! well i didnt think so
salams

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
anna said:
oh my god...lol...av u lost ur job or something bro. mrmuslim! jk.
i meant if we want to thank Allah for something..sorry abt that.(i hate typing , so i try to cut it short).
am very grateful to u bro. mabsoot for ur help, the site u mentioned is really good.the verses u quoted show just how important it is to thank Allah for everything. tell me sth, is it ok to pray in any language u want to or its better in arabic , so here is another question.
p.s oh , & ill try to wire u the money later bro. mrmuslim:) .

salaam alikom

Dear scholars, As-Salaam `Alaykum. Why must Muslims pray using the Arabic language? I need a fatwa on this. Jazakum Allah khayran.

Dear questioner, we would like to thank you for the great confidence you place in us, and we implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His Sake.

Being a universal religion, Islam is meant for all people with their different languages. Although Arabic is the language of the Qur'an and Islamic heritage, Islam did not aim at eradicating other languages that are mother tongues of Muslims in some parts of the globe. Islam views the differences of human tongues as one of the Signs of Allah in His creation. This is proven by the fact that Arabic is not the native tongue of the majority of Muslims. However, Muslims are required to perform prayer in Arabic with few exceptions, as in case of new converts until they become able to say their prayers in Arabic, according to the Hanafi Juristic School.

Explaining the wisdom behind this ruling, Dr. Muhammad Hamidullah in his well-known book,Introduction to Islam, states the following:

"(1) It is well known that during their service of worship [Salaat], Muslims employ only the Arabic language: They recite certain passages of the Qur’an and pronounce certain formulae to attest to the sublimity of God and humility of man. This is done both by the Arabs and the non-Arabs, even by those who do not know a word of Arabic. Such was the case in time of the Prophet Muhammad and such has been the case (since to this day, whatever the country and the tongue of Muslims.

(2) At first sight it may seem normal and even desirable that the faithful should address his prayer to the Lord in a way that he is fully conscious of what he says. Of course, the mother-tongue is the medium best suited for the purpose, the worship being performed in as many languages as are spoken by the Muslim community. But a little deeper consideration shows that there are reasons that militate strongly against such a solution.

(3) It is noteworthy that according to the Islamic belief the Qur'an is the Word of Allah, the recitation of which is considered as something meritorious. This is evident from the spiritual point of view. It stands as the faithful journey's unto the Lord through the sacred word of the Lord Himself. His Word is the path towards Him, something like a wire to conduct the electrical current that illuminates the bulb. The journey unto the Lord is of course the ultimate goal that every soul aspires to reach. The original Word has been revealed in Arabic: any translation would be a human work and human word, and this can scarcely serve the purpose of this mystical journey.

(4) For those who would seek more mundane reasons, let us recall first that a clear distinction is to be made between prayer, in the sense of supplication (Du`aa'), and the prayer in the sense of the service of worship (Salaat), in so far as Du`aa' is concerned -- i.e., the prayer in general and outside the formal way of worshiping Allah, the tête-à-tête with the Lord (munajaat)-- nobody has ever raised the slightest objection to the liberty of the individual to address one's need, one's petitions to the Lord in any language and in any physical posture one prefers. It is purely personal and private affair and concerns the relations of the individual creature directly with the Creator.

The Salaat [prayer], on the contrary, is a collective and public affair, where the needs and requirements of other companions of the congregation are evidently to be taken into consideration. It is pointedly to bring into relief that the Salaat is in principle and preferably to be performed in common along with others (congregation): the Salaat individually and in isolation is only tolerated and never recommended, the preference going to the congregational service. Let us see now more closely the diverse aspects of this collective and public act which is performed in the company of others.

(5) Had Islam been a regional, racial or national religion, one would certainly have employed the current language of the region, of the race, of the nation. But quite different are the requirements of a universal religion, whose members speak hundreds of regional languages -- of which each is incomprehensible to all the rest of the human groups -- belonging to all the races and inhabitants of all the regions of the earth. Our life today is getting more and more cosmopolitan, and practically every town has Muslims belonging to several linguistic groups, both from among the permanent residents and the travelers in transit, and has to take into consideration the aspect of courtesy and hospitality to strangers. Supposing an Englishman goes to China and knows not a word of its language, and supposing he hears in the street something like "chen chu chih shan", evidently he would not understand what is meant by that; and if it is the regional translation of the well-known call to prayer, the Allahu Akbar, he would fail to perceive it and would miss the weekly prayer on Friday, or the congregational prayer of the moment.

Similarly a Chinese Muslim, traveling through other countries, would find nothing in common with his co-religionists if these others said their congregational worship in their local tongues. So a universal religion requires certain basic things to be common to all the faithful. The call to prayer and the formulae to be recited in the act of worship evidently constitute part of such fundamental and basic elements of the practice of the cult. A passing remark may be made about the fact that sometimes words of two different languages sound alike but have different significations, at times the harmless word of one signifying something ridiculous or obscene in another. Such a risk is greater in languages with which one is utterly unfamiliar, and hears them only during a journey for example. This would be contrary to the dignity of the service of worship to Allah. Things familiar from childhood avoid such complications, even if the individual is a non-Arab and recites in Arabic the required formulae.

(6) One cannot neglect the psychological aspect of human beings who have at times petty prejudices of xenophobia. Occasions would arise daily when political (national) or even personal and individual frictions would induce, for instance, an Englishman not to participate in the Salaat led in French or Russian or some other language. Arabic, as the language of the Qur'an and the Hadith, has a respect and a halo in the minds of every Muslim, and one employs it not as the language of the Arabs but as the language of the Prophet Muhammad, the language of the Mothers of the Faithful, the language Allah Himself has chosen for revealing His latest Word for us.

(7) The needs of unity among the co-religionists can never be too much stressed upon. One should create new links to strengthen their ties of fraternity, rather than destroy those that already exist.

(8) There is another aspect of the question which is no less important. In fact no translation ever replaces the original. There are for instance, nowadays numerous translations of the Holy Qur'an in English (as also in practically every language of the world), yet every now and then there are new and unceasing attempts to produce another translation, thinking that the older ones are partly defective. This is true not only of English but of every language of the world, and true also of the translation of any and every work. Should one utilize a defective thing or the perfect one, the translation or the original?

(9) Let us recall in this connection that practically no religion, excepting Islam, possesses today integrally the original of the Revelation on which it is based, the original teaching of its founder: It is the translation, or at best fragments, of which dispose the Christian, Jewish, and other communities. How fortunate the Muslims are that they form an exception, and possess integrally the original text of the Revelation, the Holy Qur'an!

(10) One should not lose sight of the fact that in the entire Salaat there are very few passages to recite. There are first the Adhan and Iqamah (call to prayer). Then inside the service of worship there are the formulae Allahu-Akbar, Subhana rabbiyal-'azim, Subhana rabbyal-a`la, the short chapter al-Fatiha, two other short chapters, the Tashahhud, and that is all. The totality does not exceed a page of small size, and most of the words of these texts are commonly understood by the Muslim masses and have penetrated into all the languages of the Muslim countries, so much so that even a child or a beginner learns their meaning without pain and without strain. And once the significance of these formulae is learnt, the Salaat of a Muslim remains no more a mechanical recitation without understanding.

(11) There is an aspect of Arabic language which merits to be brought into relief here. Apart from its incomparable musical qualities, recognized on all hands, the Arabic language itself, in its literary form, has changed since at least 1500 years neither in grammar, nor vocabulary, nor spelling, nor even pronunciation. Those who understand the language of Arabic newspapers and radio broadcasts today understand as perfectly the language of the Holy Qur’an. For a religion brought by the last of the Messengers of Allah and the Seal of the prophets, and also destined for all times till the end of the world, is it not providential that the language selected for this Message should also be otherwise stable and unchanging? Otherwise Allah in His unlimited mercy would uselessly be obliged to repeat the same Message to a new prophet in a new book comprehensible to the living men.

(12) To end, there are writers who say that they have the backing of such authorities as the Imam Abu Hanifah (d. 767 C.E.) to say that the recitation of the translation of the Qur'an in the service of worship is permitted. But this is only a half-truth. These writers omit to mention that the Imam Abu Hanifah, although he had this opinion in the beginning changed it later on, and that he rallied to the general opinion that in normal cases only the Arabic text is to be employed in the services of worship. Of course, there are provisions for exceptional cases, such as the needs of a new convert: immediately on his embracing Islam, he has to commence to perform the five daily services in which it is necessary to recite by heart the prescribed formulae. Until such time as he learns these formulae by heart, he may use their sense in any other language he can. For this we have the very high precedent of Salman al-Farisi, who sent the translation of al-Fatiha to some Persian converts, with the authorization of the Prophet Muhammad himself and they used it until their tongue got familiarized with the Arabic text. So, for some hours or some days, the new converts may use validly the translation.”

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...h-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503546068

wa salaam alikom

anna

:jazaak: bro. mokat , muslima80 & bro. mrmuslim.
i thnk u will be brilliant psychologist go ahead.:)
ur article really makes sense bro. mrmuslim , personally i liked the 4th point best.

warda786

depression

I dont think depression exists..i think its all a mind set!!
when u get depressed..or feel down..i think the most important thing to do is snap out of it..read La Hawla wala quwatta illah billahil aliyil azeem..and get busy! Shaytaan takes advantage of u when u down and ur mind gets saturated with negative thoughts..so i think juts make shukr for what u have read duas and move on with ur life!!

anna

thanks warda for ur reply. i understand wat ur saying that a muslim must neva feel depressed etc for he has his full trust in Allah ,right? but sometimes u cant help it , there might be physical reasons rather than mental , i hope u know wat i mean(premenstrual tension , postmenstrual syndrome blah blah blah) and we all have our blue days , dont we? and thats when i believe the divine spotlight :) is on us and Allah is really watching us , how we behave ,pray or do we just give way to our feelings.
plz dont say its not true cos i know it is.:)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
anna said:
thanks warda for ur reply. i understand wat ur saying that a muslim must neva feel depressed etc for he has his full trust in Allah ,right? but sometimes u cant help it , there might be physical reasons rather than mental , i hope u know wat i mean(premenstrual tension , postmenstrual syndrome blah blah blah) and we all have our blue days , dont we? and thats when i believe the divine spotlight :) is on us and Allah is really watching us , how we behave ,pray or do we just give way to our feelings.
plz dont say its not true cos i know it is.:)
Wa alaykum salam, yes you are right i dont think anyone can live without getting upset or sad at one point. It is natural for humans, but this is from Allah and we must utilise patience in our lives. Its perhaps the most important things a person can have is patience.

There was beautiful hadith i read today, i will share here:

Narrated 'Ata bin Abi Rabah: Ibn 'Abbas said to me, 'Shall I show you a woman of the people of Paradise?' I said, 'Yes.' He said, 'This black woman came to the Prophet and said, 'I get attacks of epilepsy and my body becomes uncovered; please invoke Allaah for me.' The Prophet said (to her), 'If you wish, be patient and you will have (enter) Paradise; and if you wish, I will invoke Allaah to cure you.' She said, 'I will remain patient,' and added, 'but I become uncovered, so please invoke Allaah for me that I may not become uncovered.' So he invoked Allaah for her.' [al-Bukhari]

'Whenever a hardship affects the Muslim, he will be forgiven for it even when he is picked by a spike.' [Muslim]

Wasalam,

br_rizwan

Slave of Almighty
jazzahk ALLAH Khairan

:wasalam:
jaazzahk ALLAH khair for sharing such a wonderful Dua..

Your Brother in Islam
Rizwan

Angeleyes

thank you so much for those duas. i have been searching for duas for depression and i couldn't really come up with any.

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Mabsoot said:
There was beautiful hadith i read today, i will share here:

Narrated 'Ata bin Abi Rabah: Ibn 'Abbas said to me, 'Shall I show you a woman of the people of Paradise?' I said, 'Yes.' He said, 'This black woman came to the Prophet and said, 'I get attacks of epilepsy and my body becomes uncovered; please invoke Allaah for me.' The Prophet said (to her), 'If you wish, be patient and you will have (enter) Paradise; and if you wish, I will invoke Allaah to cure you.' She said, 'I will remain patient,' and added, 'but I become uncovered, so please invoke Allaah for me that I may not become uncovered.' So he invoked Allaah for her.' [al-Bukhari]

Asalaam Alaykum

:subhanallah: that is really good, thx for sharing bro

Mabsoot said:
'Whenever a hardship affects the Muslim, he will be forgiven for it even when he is picked by a spike.' [Muslim]

I have read this one before :subhanallah: its good i always remember this wen i come across hardship in life...