Article Devout Muslim equals Terrorist?

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

I'm surprised Yahoo allowed someone to post this. There aren't any comments on the news article yet, but it doesn't take much to guess what kind of comments will be filling up soon...

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Sorry for not explaining more brothers and sisters I was sorta in a hurry when I posted the thread, I wrote that article on yahoo voices, and sis Tabbasum, yeah I'm kinda surprised they published it as well. I'm guessing yahoo voices is one of their many different websites within yahoo and it's new. InshaaAllah we'll see how it does.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★

personaly think the title aren't suitable
they are not devout muslim they are ordinary human trying to take revenge on the death of their family/relative loved ones,
these are exactly similar to those that Jews and Christians or anyone else that trying to get 'Even' = revenge is common among those effected make them terrorist too
That journalist' trying to get more reader starting with bad 'headline' truly lame !
like this>
A Delightful collection of pictures of churches on fire by Jews
Please Turn Off Music that come with the above videos ~thank you.

How Christians treated Jews (during many centuries)

Please Turn Off Music that come with the above videos ~thank you.

Thank you for sharing,
Take care,
~Wassalam :)

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua`alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

Sister, that was perfectly written! BarakaAllaahu feeki. I just hope they (the yahoo) don't delete or hide the article some time later and just let it stay there.

personaly think the title aren't suitable
they are not devout muslim they are ordinary human trying to take revenge on their family/relative loved ones

I think if someone reads the article until the last word, they'd understand the main point of the article. Besides, such title can be catchy and grabs the attention of those to read the full article.

In the end, people will either believe it and try to understand better with an open heart or remain in their ignorance, hatred about what Islaam really teaches.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★

Assalamua`alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

Sister, that was perfectly written! BarakaAllaahu feeki. I just hope they (the yahoo) don't delete or hide the article some time later and just let it stay there.

I think if someone reads the article until the last word, they'd understand the main point of the article. Besides, such title can be catchy and grabs the attention of those to read the full article.

In the end, people will either believe it and try to understand better with an open heart or remain in their ignorance, hatred about what Islaam really teaches.

some have the time to read the whole but majority do not!
The headline shouldn't be misleading!!!Devout Muslim equals Terrorist?
i read the article though what she wrote did not follow like her headline but i think she had made a sin for utter word like devout=pious. i suggest all pious don't behave like what she tried to describe and especially she suggested Islam ,as a muslim,personally i think she had made a mistake for jeopardizing Islam!

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!
~Wassalam :)

Um Ibrahim

Asalaamu Alaykum Sister QueenIslam,

I'm not sure what you are talking about but I think you have a big misunderstanding. I made the title like that because in almost all the news channels and articles covering the story, they used the words "devout" Muslim and violence, terrorists, radical etc...in the same sentence or interchangeably. So my title was a question (there is a question mark in the title, maybe you missed that), to the media and those who may actually believe the wrong things they read or hear in the news. I am not saying a devout Muslim=terrorist. The whole point of the article was to say Devout Muslim DOES NOT equal terrorist. Do you understand sister?

Sister Aisya, thanks:)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

MashaAllah, I wasn't aware *you* had written the article, sister - but you have done a tremendous good job.

I think sister queenislam is just misunderstanding the title. But it's a question to the media - "you the media are saying all terrorists are devout muslims, but do you know that these crimes are against what devout muslims follow?"

Um Ibrahim

MashaAllah, I wasn't aware *you* had written the article, sister - but you have done a tremendous good job.

I think sister queenislam is just misunderstanding the title. But it's a question to the media - "you the media are saying all terrorists are devout muslims, but do you know that these crimes are against what devout muslims follow?"
Exactly sister. Thank you for the great explanation! That's exactly what I was going for. And thanks for the kind words:) really appreciate it.