dhikr with music n dances !!

allah rakkah lav

i love allah alone
as salaam alaikum:tti_sister:

is tat allah allows dhikr with musics n dances??
some of my friend says tat the sufi muslims are prohibited(who does dhikr with dances n music)

first of all a gr8 doubt i have our well known truth is "ALLAH" --- the ONLY god for us !
then how the muslims r splitted into sufi n few ????
it never presented in quran!!

is tat music is haram ?????:hijabi:

allah rakkah lav

i love allah alone
Bid'ah - Innovation in Islam

Wa sharrul Umoori Muhdathaatuhaa, Wa kulla Bid'atin dhaialah, wa kulla dhalatin fin-naar" Al-Hadith (Sahih Muslim). Translation of the above Hadith: Every innovation is a misguidance and every misguidance goes to Hell fire.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
i think that things like bid'ah started because some people thought they had better or more knowledge than the rest of people.

or sometimes people unnecessarily overburden themselves with extra religiosity and then claim that it's part of the religion.

Ibn Uthaymin

No akhi this is totally not allowed in Islam. Indeed Islam is free from this great innovation.

Here is what Abdullah ibn Masud the great sahabi said about it

Al-Hakam bin al-Mubaarak informed us that Amr ibn Yahyaa said my father related from his father who said: "We used to sit by the door of 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ood before the Salaatul Ghadaat (morning prayer), so that when he came out we would walk with him to the masjid. (One day) Aboo Moosaa al-Ash'aree came to us and said, "Has Aboo 'Abdur-Rahmaan come out yet?" We replied, "No." Therefore, he sat down with us until he came out. When he came out, we all stood along with him, so Abu Moosaa said to him, "O Aboo 'Abdur-Rahmaan I have just seen something in the masjid which I deemed to be evil, but all praise is for Allaah, I did not see anything except good!" He inquired, "Then what is it?" (Aboo Moosaa) replied, "If you live you will see it. I saw in the masjid people sitting in circles awaiting the Prayer. In each circle they had pebbles in their hands and a man would say 'repeat Allaahu Akbar a hundred times.' So they would repeat it a hundred times. Then he would say, 'say Laa ilaaha illallaah a hundred times.' So they would say it a hundred times. Then he would say, 'say Subhaanallaah a hundred times.' So they would say it a hundred times." (Ibn Mas'ood) asked, "What did you say to them?" (Aboo Moosaa) said, "I did not say anything to them. Instead I waited to hear you view or what you declared." (Ibn Mas'ood) replied, "Would that you had ordered them to count up the evil deeds they acquired and assured them that their good deeds would not be lost!" Then we went along with him (Ibn Mas'ood) until he came to one of these circles and stood and said, "What is this which I see you doing?" They replied, "O Aboo 'Abdur-Rahmaan! These are pebbles upon which we are counting takbeer, tahleel and tasbeeh." He said, "(You should) count your evil deeds and I will assure you that none of your good deeds will be lost. Woe to you, O Ummah of Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam)! How quickly you are rushing to your destruction! These are the Companions of your Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) and who are widespread (and numerous). There are his clothes which have not yet decayed and his eating utensils which are unbroken. By Him in Whose Hand is my soul! Either you are upon a deen better guided than the Deen of Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) or that you are opening the door of misguidance (from this bid'ah)." They said, "O Aboo Abdur-Rahmaan! By Allaah, we only intended good." He said, "How many there are who intend good but do not achieve it. Indeed Allaah's Messenger said to us 'A people will recite the Qur'aan but it will not pass beyond their throats.' By Allaah! I do not know, perhaps most of them are from you." Then he left them.

Umar ibn Salamah (the sub-narrator) said: "We saw most of those people fighting against us on the day of Nahrawaan, along with the Khawaarij."

weakslave

Let's see,

Allaah gave us the best speech, His Quraan.
Allaah gave us the best reminder, His Quraan.
Allaah gave us the one book that if you were to read it it would do incredible things for you, His Quraan.
Allaah did not leave us to figure out how to get closer to Allaah, He told us in His Quraan that one of the ways is reading the Quraan.

Just look at the scene of someone saying Dhikhr with music or dancing. Do we honestly believe this brings us closer to Allaah? Can anyone honestly say they feel khushoo3 (tranquility, peace, concentration, increase in level of imaan) when they are present in such places?

Some don't want to believe Music is haraam. That is fine, everyone will pay for their actions either in this life or the hereafter. But I see it as defaming Allaah when you mention His name in songs with music and dancing!

Why do I think it's defaming Allaah? Look at things people do with music and dancing, can you really bring the mention of Allaah's name to that level? You want to mention Allaah the same way people mention vile and disgusting things?

Only the holiest places, the holiest actions, and the best of words should include Allaah's name. Other than that, I fear the wrath of Allaah will come to those people who bring the mention of Him the All-Mighty down to that level!

And Allaah knows best.