Dietary Restrictions

Paragon

Salam, (I hope i am using that correctly)

Because google and other people around me are filled with misinformation i would like to ask you what dietary restrictions(if any) are part of your faith.

I was looking around to see if there was perhaps a post about it but have not yet found one. Perhaps i am not looking well enough or have passed by it.

Thank you for your patience

Paragon

Also... I have a question for women about women that may not be appropriate to ask in such an open way. Can one of the women here send me a PM so that i may ask?

Thank you

ShyHijabi

We are forbidden from eating pork or drinking alcoholic drinks. Also, we must make sure our meat is zabihah halal, this means that it was slaughtered in a particular way. (it resembles kosher style slaughtering) We are allowed to eat meat that was slaughtered by al-Kitaab (people of the book) which means Jews or Christians but it must be done in a particular way and not factory style where they stun the animal and have them mechanically killed. We cannot eat meat slaughtered in the name of alternate gods.

As far as asking a female questions, feel free to PM me or ask for access to the sisters only section.