dieting tips

koala

here are some tips i guarantee will help anyone lose weight and get a healthier body:

1. in the morning(before you eat anything) boil a cup of water and add a small slice of lemon..leave to cool till drinking temperature and sip slowly..this helps in cleaning your liver which is the organ responsible for using up excess fats(which are actually toxins)
it will help the body out of its sluggish system
2. right after taking the lemon /water drink excercise...this is the best time to excercise.
3. eat slowly..not to slowly, just make sure you chew your food alot...this helps increase your rate of metabolism
4. with every meal have a cup of water...take a sip with every bite...dont overdo it because then youll dilute your enzymes and end up feeling bloated.
5. your metabolic rate is shaped like a pyramid...the highest rate is during the morning so make your breakfast your biggest meal and keep making your meals smaller
6. have more (but smaller) meals throught the day say like every 2-3 hours...this will keep your digestive system constantly working
7. try incorporating lots of fibre in your diet...this will clean out your intestines.
8.dont stay up too late...night sleep is much more healthy

:salam2:

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah

JazzakAllah, I have tried all before but, thanx I will try #1 I never heard that before.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
well I never follow a proper diet.I do eat less at night. No. 4 is good advice.Insha Allah I will try to follow that. Overall good tips
Jazakumullah khair

hafz

my dieting tips

I HAVE LOST OVER 4 STONE WITH THESE AND VERY LITTLE IN THE WAY OF FOOD DEPRIVATION
1.Join http://sparkpeople.com/myspark/register.asp

2.On waking up have honey 1tspn with 1tspn ground cinnamon in hot as hot as
you can drink.(I do this at fajr)_(did you know honey dissolves fat and cinnamon
cleans your liver and revs up your metabolism.Have this last thing at night as well.

3.Then a little later have juice of half a lime(limes are better)with hotwater and 4 drops of blackseed oil(this actually melts fat)you are meant to have this 3 times a day preferably before eating when your stomach is fairly empty.You can add honey to this some people say its better but I don't.

4.Grind 2 parts jeera(cumin),with 2 parts ajwain(caraway seeds) with 1 part sunf(fennel). keep in jar have through the day.I have it everytime I have my lime drink.
5.Afew almonds before a meal are also meant to be good/

6. 1-2 tbspm apple cider vinegar with 1 tspn honey diluted in a little water just before each meal.Apple cider vinegar is very good for your health and will even cure diseases like arthiritus and painful knees.Vinegar digests food and importantly fats.

7. to jump start dieting it is a good idea to have a colon cleanse.You dont need expensive products senna is excellant as is triphalla the 2 combined do the trick.Or just go on senna for 1-2 weeks.Try to get natural senna not the chemist type.

8.slice an onion thinly and dice two cloves of garlic .mix together with juice from one lime.Mix and eat with your midday meal.Garlic is known to reduce size of fat cells and flushes out fat as does onion and lime.They also reduce cholestral and lower blood pressure.

9.RADISHES SCRUB OUT FAT CELLS.In between meals they are great for reducing fat in cells and are a great accompaniment to any meal as they will reduce the fattening effect of any fat in your meal.

Oh and i forgot ginger tea.Excellant for weight loss and digests food.Take a 2cm piece of ginger.Wash and grate with skin boil then simmer in pan ,can sweeten with honey have after meal(s)This is also excellant for blood circulation and should cure cold hands and feet etc.

Try this at first you will think it is not working.Then you'll see your hard fat areas are getting softer and suddenly you'll loose half a stone.It goes in cycles like this.
I used to find it impossible to loose weight until I learnt this now its childs play
I HAVE LEARNT ALL THIS FROM EXTENSIVE RESEARCH .

nafeesa

salaam alaykum
Jazak Allah khair both Koala and Hafz for sharing your experience , insha Allah will work on it.

walaykum asalaam

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah

thank you Hafz. I was working on my post pregnance weight I hope this would help me. both honey and cinnamon in my tea I don't know if that will help.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
I HAVE LOST OVER 4 STONE WITH THESE AND VERY LITTLE IN THE WAY OF FOOD DEPRIVATION
1.Join http://sparkpeople.com/myspark/register.asp

2.On waking up have honey 1tspn with 1tspn ground cinnamon in hot as hot as
you can drink.(I do this at fajr)_(did you know honey dissolves fat and cinnamon
cleans your liver and revs up your metabolism.Have this last thing at night as well.

3.Then a little later have juice of half a lime(limes are better)with hotwater and 4 drops of blackseed oil(this actually melts fat)you are meant to have this 3 times a day preferably before eating when your stomach is fairly empty.You can add honey to this some people say its better but I don't.

4.Grind 2 parts jeera(cumin),with 2 parts ajwain(caraway seeds) with 1 part sunf(fennel). keep in jar have through the day.I have it everytime I have my lemon drink.
5.Afew almonds before a meal are also meant to be good/

6. 1-2 tbspm apple cider vinegar with 1 tspn honey diluted in a little water just before each meal.Apple cider vinegar is very good for your health and will even cure diseases like arthiritus and painful knees.Vinegar digests food and importantly fats.

7. to jump start dieting it is a good idea to have a colon cleanse.You dont need expensive products senna is excellant as is triphalla the 2 combined do the trick.Or just go on senna for 1-2 weeks.Try to get natural senna not the chemist type.

8.slice an onion thinly and dice two cloves of garlic .mix together with juice from one lime.Mix and eat with your midday meal.Garlic is known to reduce size of fat cells and flushes out fat as does onion and lime.They also reduce cholestral and lower blood pressure.

9.RADISHES SCRUB OUT FAT CELLS.In between meals they are great for reducing fat in cells and are a great accompaniment to any meal as they will reduce the fattening effect of any fat in your meal.

Oh and i forgot ginger tea.Excellant for weight loss and digests food.Take a 2cm piece of ginger.Wash and grate with skin boil then simmer in pan ,can sweeten with honey have after meal(s)This is also excellant for blood circulation and should cure cold hands and feet etc.

Try this at first you will think it is not working.Then you'll see your hard fat areas are getting softer and suddenly you'll loose half a stone.It goes in cycles like this.
I used to find it impossible to loose weight until I learnt this now its childs play

Masha Allah
Jazakumullah khair sister
I need to get this into my dieting habit soon insha Allah
wa/salam

saima11

4.Grind 2 parts jeera(cumin),with 2 parts ajwain(caraway seeds) with 1 part sunf(fennel). keep in jar have through the day.I have it everytime I have my lemon drink.

jazakallah for your tips.
just wanted to ask in tip no 3 you said limes but then in tip 4 you say lemon drink is it limes or is it lemon?

hafz

Cinnamon and honey in hot water is excellant remedy for weight loss.Also very good for diabetics as it regulates blood sugar and glucose production in the pancreas and should eliminate sugar cravings.
It's limes I only use limes, the Arab physicians never used lemons for weight loss it was always limes.
A friend of mine through pregnancies and depression ended up at 19 stone.
She ate healthy food and the only exercise she did was walking with her kids to school.She did some of the things I mentioned but mainly
colon cleanse
the cumin, caraway and fennel
the lemon drink
she mixed ground sund(which is like dried ginger powder , you can use ginger if you cant find sund)black pepper and lindi pepper.Equal parts mixed them and grind together.Each time she would drink the lime tea she would a teaspoon of each. thats the cumin mix and the pepper mix.In 7 months she was 10 stone with hardly any effort.

Remember to use only extra virgin olive oil in your cooking, and try to limit carbohydrates they are the main culprit in weight gain.Much worst then fats.
People sometimes follow the rule no carbs after 5 and say it very effective for weight loss.
take a read of this;
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F04E2D61F3EF934A35754C0A9649C8B63&sec=health&spon=&pagewanted=1

saima11

Cinnamon and honey in hot water is excellant remedy for weight loss.Also very good for diabetics as it regulates sugar and glucose production in the pancreas and should eliminate sugar cravings.
It's limes I only use limes, the Arab physicians never used lemons for weight loss it was always limes.
A friend of mine through pregnancies and depression ended up at 19 stone.
She ate healthy food and the only exercise she did was walking with her kids to school.She did some of the things I mentioned but mainly
colon cleanse
the cumin, caraway and fennel
the lemon drink
she mixed ground sund(which is like dried ginger powder , you can use ginger if you cant find sund)black pepper and lindi pepper.Equal parts mixed them and grind together.Each time she would drink the lemon tea she would a teaspoon of each. thats the cumin mix and the pepper mix.In 7 months she was 10 stone with hardly any effort.

Remember to use only extra virgin olive oil in your cooking, and try to limit carbohydrates they are the main culprit in weight gain.Much worst then fats.
People sometimes follow the rule no carbs after 5 and say it very effective for weight loss.
take a read of this;
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F04E2D61F3EF934A35754C0A9649C8B63&sec=health&spon=&pagewanted=1

jazakallah for your help

hafz

I forgot to mention I think it was ibn sina who cured obesity with mixing vinegar and the juice of lime in hot/warm water.My friend I mentioned did this and swears by it , she had this before she went to drop her kids and after she picked them up(since it was the only exercise she did)It really does work.
Also if you are having a high carb meal add red kidney beans they negate the effect of the carbs.No science book will tell you this but try it and you will see.You could just make a salad with a can of kidney beans or mix them with your garlic and onion.
Anyway best of luck to all you sisters , my only niyah is that my research may benefit someone and my hope is you will not struggle as I did with my weight problem.
It is good to follow the sunnah and eat less but some of us have genuine problems that cause weight gain
It is obligatory for women to look after themselves in order to please their husbands and doing so they please their creator.

umm ayub

:wasalam:

Hafz did u really lose 4 stone with the spark program?
MashaAllah.
JazakAllahkhair. thats a real inspiration.

:wasalam:

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
I registered for spark but never really get it going. I am having problem being consistent. I need to plan a bit. Too much of work is putting a lot of pressure onto me.

hafz

Sister if you get yourself together you will benefit greatly , don't be negligent do two rakaats prayer ask for Allah s.w.t's help and start again.Insha-allah we will pray for you aswell.

Qoseen

jazakallah

salaamz,thnx so much for spendin ur time in postin those tips thats very appreiciated ill definately giv em a go they seem diff dan the usual stuff jazakallah once agen

hafz

I got this of a friend I thought I would post it .
2tablespoons grape vinegar (wine vinegar )
1tablespoon honey
quarter glass of water .
Mix together have after meals
Come's highly recommended from a friend

gazkour

Diets don't work!!

Assalamo alikom sisters.

I understand that people are always looking for a "magical tip" so they can loose weight without changing any eating behaviour. I tried every single diet, and exercise and tip you can come across, and here is my conclusion:

1. Diets will never work. Because as soon as you finish your diet, you WILL gain weight back again.
2. Diets when restricting, will only increase your attraction to the so called "bad" or "naughty" ingredients.
3. This present generation has been the one obsessed with dieting. Strangely enough, it has been the most morbidly obese of all generations!
4. Do you remember your grandparents generation? They all looked fine!! And they never diet!!!
5. Diets don't get to the root of the problem! In fact they aggravate it!
6.Diets just make the FOOD BEHAVE! If that yogurth is fat free means that you can eat the whole pot!!!
7. The ROOT of the problem it is not the food ingredients, but HOW MUCH volume you eat! continue.......

gazkour

continuation

8. The typical weight-loss program suggest losing weight through diet and exercise. I suggest that if we loose the PASSION for food, we will eat just what our stomach needs and whenever it needs it, not because it's just time to eat!
9. Exercise is good for cardiovascular health, but not for loosing weight! What happens when you stop exercising?? You gain the weight again!! Or what if you cannot exercise?
10. Ask yourself: Why thin people are able to stop eating at any time leaving food on the plate and you want to eat everybody's leftovers? Because they don't have this PASSION for food!
11. As muslims we should not have PASSION for food as well as for other wordly things.
12. Every time the world comes with a new scientific research on loosing weight, contradicting the last scientific research and son on!!! Those are man rules!! Therefore are bound to FAIL!! We are not suppossed to follow man's rules over God's or the Prophet! (SAWS)
continue......

gazkour

13. If you want to obey what the Prophet(SAWS) said. you would NOT OVER EAT! You would eat JUST when your boby is hungry, not because is time to eat! You would eat and STOP until you are gently satisfied!
14. We have forgotten to let our perfectly designed bodies to let us know that we are hungry just because one of the "researches" has shown that is better to eat small portions 5 or 6 times a day! (even if our body is not hungry!)
15. Scientific researches have said that fasting is not good for us! Again contradicting what Islam has showed us!
16. You just have to change your PASSION for food for a PASSION for ALLAH.
17. Remember that IDOLATRY ( even towards food!!) is HARAM!
18. Ask Allah to change your deviated passion for the right one!
19. Ask Allah to help you recognise the difference between "head hunger"( when you just want to eat for the hell of it!) and "stomach hunger"(when your stomach is growling because it needs food!) as well as to recognise you Gently satisfied point for you to stop and eat JUST when you are truly hungry again!
20. Don't worry you are not going to die or collapse if you let your body tell you when to eat!
21. If you want to eat when you are not truly hungry run to Allah!! Go and read Coran or make 2 raka! And beg Allah to help you!
22. At the beggining it is not going to be easy!! You have to change very old habits!
23. You don't have to finish all food on the plate! Stop when satisfied and leave the rest until your next hunger!
24. Allah didn't create food to torture us! Allah wants us to enjoy what He has created for us, but within the limits!
25. You can eat everything you want!But in the right amounts! Stop all SLAVERY to counting fat grams, calories, "bad ingerdients", latest diets, depravation from food Allah has created for us! Like bread, cheese, meat, etc..
26. Wach how thin eaters eat!!

I could go for pages and pages, but I have to stop now!
Hope this helps ! I lost 3 stone + (20 kilos) eating everything!
Assalamo alikom!