Dinner Ideas????

dianek

OK...since I am not a "great" cook, atleast when it comes to the foods my husband likes, I am stuck......any good ideas??????? I suggested steak and fries for dinner and he said ONLY if I make a sauce to go with the steak......what kind of sauce other than A1 would ANYONE want on their steak?????????? Something easy please, I don't keep a full pantry of choices, just very basic stuff.

I wish they would just eat Fried chicken and collard greens or spaghetti, but him nor the kids will touch it because it isn't TUNISIAN.........

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
catchup with mayonnaise + salad (cabbage, tomatoes, etc) + spices (optional) + nice presentation and VOILA! :D. But it still depends on the taste of your husband. We Filipinos have SWEET taste, I'm not sure with Tunisians.

warda A

Sister
dianek

OK...since I am not a "great" cook, atleast when it comes to the foods my husband likes, I am stuck......any good ideas??????? I suggested steak and fries for dinner and he said ONLY if I make a sauce to go with the steak......what kind of sauce other than A1 would ANYONE want on their steak?????????? Something easy please, I don't keep a full pantry of choices, just very basic stuff.

I wish they would just eat Fried chicken and collard greens or spaghetti, but him nor the kids will touch it because it isn't TUNISIAN.........

check this

http://tunisiancuisinestore.blogspot.com/2007/08/tunisian-sauce.html
http://www.astray.com/recipes/?show=Harrisa sauce

dianek

Thanks for the links! Here is where I am culinary challenged.......some of the ingredients, I don't know what they are.....I was born and raised in VA, and southern comfort food and seafood are what I know (and some italian)....but recipes with not commonly used ingredients or spices......they get so expensive to cook because you make special trips to the store or gourmet stores........why can't they just eat NORMAL food!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!! :) My idea of a perfect dinner.......a tender slab of steak off the grill, salad, string bean casserole and bisquick biscuits!!!!!! OR Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, broccoli and cheese and large glass of iced tea.......... Now, tell me why they can't eat that? Picky picky people!!!!! Funny thing is he said when we first married I cooked great........1. I had more time, it was just me and him and my 4 year old 4 nights a week, 2. I was cooking out of a box, Kraft cheesy chicken and rice bakes.......and he loved it, but if I cook it now he would throw a hissy fit. Go figure!

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

I make a steak and cheese dish all the time. It is always a big hit with any person I feed it to.

I have thread about it, but I will type again :D

I usually eyeball it, but I will try to explain in good detail.

Ingredients:
Steak
Half an onion (in small pieces)
A small container of gorgonzola blue cheese (or any blue cheese)
1 stick of butter
Tablespoon of Parsley
Pepper and salt to taste
16 ounce can of evaporated milk

You need to cube some steaks (enough for 4 servings)

Add enough butter like 3 big tablespoons let it melt and add the steak cube. Let the steak pieces brown. Remove steak pieces and put on papertowel.

Leave the little tid bits in and add enough butter to brown the onions. Let the onions become brown and soft and make sure to scrap the tidbits as you are browning the onions.

Add can of evaporated milk and let it thicken for 5 minutes. Add the entire container of blue cheese, steak pieces, parsley and pepper. Let it stew for a bit.

Cook some macaroni and cheese or parmesean noodles like that pasta roni stuff.

Put steak mixture over mac and cheese or noodles and voila!!!!!!!

:wasalam: