Discovery Islam

Sirius

Hello,

I am a female living in Seattle, Washington area and am interested in learning more about Islam. Of course one can learn from books, etc, but is there a place where I can go to learn and get a more grounded and balanced perspective?

At this point I am not sure were my path with be, but I would like to discover the various aspects of Islam, but know that books are only half the equation.

Thank you kindly

Muslim-

Sirius said:
Hello,

I am a female living in Seattle, Washington area and am interested in learning more about Islam. Of course one can learn from books, etc, but is there a place where I can go to learn and get a more grounded and balanced perspective?

At this point I am not sure were my path with be, but I would like to discover the various aspects of Islam, but know that books are only half the equation.

Thank you kindly

Hi Sirius,

On the net there are some excellent websites, where you can find out more about Islam like:

http://www.beconvinced.com
http://www.islaam.com

also from video the purpose of life is a excellent video, presented by Khalid Yaseen:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=4078146135477308931&q=purpose+of+life

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi and welcome to the website, im the admin here...... and we are here to help if you have any questions or queries.

I recommend for you to watch the following if you have not done so,
Learn About Islam Full Video Covering Many Topics

Here are some excellent Articles.
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

At this site, TurnToIslam, we try our best to present Islam as close as possible to the original teachings. That is based on the Quran and the authentic Hadith (sayings and actions) of the Prophet Muhammad :saw:.

I hope you enjoy your stay and benefit.

:salam2:
Welcome Sirius to turntoislam.
We will help and we will answer if you want to know something, Incha'Allah.
good luck.

sister06

insh:Allah: ALLAH sub-ha-na-tha-allah qill guide you to the correct path.
im 16, form england n would like to say to a certain extenet id luv 2 live in america..it would be so cool!!

mrsmcginty

hi, im here for pretty much the same reason as you sirius although i have a motive for learning as much as possible. my boyfriend is a muslim and i am considering converting in order to be able to marry him in the future. any help anyone could give on the converting process would be much appreciated

proud muslim

peace be with u,

i just wanted u to know that we are all there for u to help u explore Islam and to answer any questions u have so if u have any questions don't hesitate in asking freely and God willing we will have an answer for ur questions..and for more info about islam u can see this site which is a very usefull one actually ..hope u find all this usefull to u..there u go..
www.islamtomorrow.com

peace be with u

BlueFish

Hello,

Thank you kindly

Believe it or not, today i went to a mosque in town to learn more about islam.
I did a little research on the local mosques and felt comfortable with the one i chose. I made a call and asked to speak with someone there. The imam of the mosque greeted me on the phone and told me when i could meet with him. I went, feeling a bit nervous, but when i finaly got there i was greeted warmly and with out prejudice. The imam sat and spoke with me and went over with me the basic points of islam. It was very informal, he even gave me an english translation of the quran by Yusuf Ali. Just look for the local mosques near you on google map. This is another option if possible. It helped me.
PEACE

safi_shade

aslamo alykom

welcome in here sister < Sirius > and < mrsmcginty >
we are all here brothers and sisters to give helping you until you can relais your path and chosing what is wrot in your distany
sorry i have a really bad english im sorry , but i do my self

may allah give us more power to help each other
your brother
shade safi

PaxVobiscum

Submitted'nSatisfied
Hello and welcome sister Sirius to the website,

Let me first of all congradulate you on your initiative; as feeling the need to search for the true purpose of life and the true way of fulfilling this purpose is indeed a sign of a vibrant soul. Please allow me to suggest a few steps that I think will help you in your quest, God willing.

1. The various avenues open for learning should not be taken as alternatives, rather they should be considered complimentary to one another. Learning involves getting information, observing, interacting and experiencing. These when taken in parallel provide strong stimuli for the mind, the heart and the soul.

2. Getting access to Islamic literature and reading it with an open heart should cover the "information" part. The "observing" part might nicely be covered by visiting Muslim communities in your area, perhaps someone in the neighbourhood or, better yet, visiting a Muslim community center in your area (like a Mosque). You have already begun your journey in the "interacting" world by joining this forum, you may have a more real-life interaction, again, by contactng an Islamic center in Seattle. These centers mostly entertain visitors and can also provide you an interaction-buddy (a Sister in your case) who might take you into the "experiencing" avenue by spending time with you and giving you a feel of how the Islamic tenents and ways bring peace and harmony in life.

Sorry for the long message, and sorry for not adding any specific links about Islamic centers etc. in your area, and I hope that you will find some of this useful. I am sure we can provide you a detailed list of books, e-resources and Islamic community centers in your area, so please do not hesitate to ask for any of these.

May you shine ever brighter (I believe "Sirius" is the brightest star in the night sky?)

your brother