Disturbing Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Singerman

I'm new to this community, so I should probably say "Hello" before I talk about a rather upsetting situation. I've had a quick look around and this forum appears to be a very inviting & friendly place to discuss all things relating to our great faith!

On a not so friendly note, I've recently bared witness to a number of threads on another message board that basically slam the Nation of Islam and call for the death of all Muslims. Some threads even go so far as to post images of the Prophet Muhammad!

I was raised Jewish, but later renounced Judaism and converted to Islam when I realized just how true the Jewish stereotypes were (you have no idea how pathetically cheap Jews can be until you're raised in a family of them!) and how misrepresented Muslims are. For this reason, I’m always angered by people who see fit to label all Muslims "terrorists" and mock the great Nation of Islam.

The forum in question is a bodybuilding board called Anabolic Society. I'm a National level bodybuilder with dreams of competing in the Mr Olympia contest, and Anabolic Society is the absolute best board for discussing the science behind the sport. There is, however, one sub-forum called THE PIT where all bets are off and members are allowed to abuse each other for fun (personally, I find it very upsetting and have even cried over some comments made toward me). This is the sub-forum containing two of the most troubling threads I have EVER read.

Unfortunately, this sub-forum requires 5 posts to view, but I would really appreciate it if some of you would sign up an account and make five quick random posts just so you can see what I'm talking about. I've asked the board owner on several occasions to remove the threads in question & the pictures of Muhammad. He refused and told me that "THE PIT is the wild west and you should only enter at your own risk".

So I turn to you, my brothers & sisters, and ask for advice: How should I handle this situation? Am I going crazy or do these people need to be put in their place?

Theses are the threads in question:

*removed*

(You'll have to remove the two spaces from the second link. The rude title gets censored by this forum software.)

dna1987

Muslim Guy
I think there are plenty of other bodybuilding sites you can go to where you don't have to read things like this. You asked for advice, I'd say just avoid visiting these forums. And if you think that this is the "absolute best board for discussing the science behind bodybuilding", then you can atleast skip the sub-forum you're talking about, as you won't benefit from those discussions and only get hurt.

Also, Muslims reject the "Nation of Islam" as well, as they have very inaccurate teachings. There is nothing "great" about them. They claim their founder was God himself in the flesh, which is crazy talk.

Lastly, I don't think it's worth anybody's time and effort on TTI to sign up and make 5 random posts to see what you are talking about. There are plenty of people out there that hate Muslims. As long as they are keeping it to themselves and not shoving it our faces, we don't need to worry. We will wait patiently, and they can wait patiently until a day (*the* Day) when we will find out who was on the right path.

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

For people like them , they are useless to talk to. Bunch of Air heads who dont know the difference between Islam and radical Islam. If you would like to you can post some tales of Prophet Muhammed PBUH's mercy towards people and animals. you can even discuss the Quran's misconceptions. I am sure that if you open a thread and talk about these topics that Ive just mentioned, they will read it but i dont think they will take them seriously though.

Aaron Singerman

I forwarded one of their ringleaders a link to this thread hoping that it would show how much they've upset me. Instead it's just added more fuel to the fire.

They just posted a welcome thread directed at this website: *removed*
(You can view that one without signing up.)

dna1987, Islam!!yay... Thanks for your responses. Very wise.

The problem with these people is they're like a pit bull with a bone; once they have hold of something, they don't tend to let go. I know there are certain Islamic groups that have had some success in the past when it comes to getting media outlets to take down offensive material. Does anyone know someone who could put some pressure on these people?

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

I think like the other brothers suggested, that there are many other bodybuilding forums you can go to in order to dicuss such issues, without having to come across places like "The Pit" ... and if you're really attached to the place, then why not just avoid that area? I don't believe it's a requirement to be involved in the Pit to be part of the forum is it? If so then it's a pathetic excuse for a forum anyways.

In any case, I'm afraid site policy doesn't allow such links going out. We cannot be responsible for people going there, having their Imaan go down (especially since our site demographic is towards younger members), falling into doubts or getting upset or hurt. Since TTI can neither fix, nor prevent occurances in other forums... we don't allow links of that nature. So I'd kindly request that you not post any more links to that website.

Thanks, and I hope all things go well with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.