Do muslim women HAVE to marry???

Ania

My friend is 28 years old. She is educated ,religious (wear hijaab) and is working. Her childhood dream was to adopt orphan children and make their life better. oh yeah and DOES NOT WANT TO GET MARRIED AT ALL. Her parent at first refused but now they are more than happy in their daughter decision. Finally, her dream is coming true and she is about to start her procedure.

My question is before she move anymore further is there anything is quran or the hadith that forbid her to do so.

Plzzz provide me the source so I can point out to her.

aminaAfrah

La ilaaha illal laah
salam

am not sure about if it is forbiden but family in islam is really important :confused: :confused: any way are u muslim and were are you from if you don't mind tell us:) :) :)

Wagdy

Al-Salam Alaikum Sister,

Adoption in Islam is forbidden, As Allah (SWT) states in the Quran that previously adopted people should be called after their fathers. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) used to have a servant with the name Zaid who was called Zaid Bin Muhammad. Allah (SWT) asked the prophet to give up that adoption and call him after his true father, so he was called Zaid Bin Harithah.

The prophet Muhammad (pbuh) wanted to honor Zaid by getting him to marry his cousin Zainab bint Jahsh who was a noble lady from Hashim tribe. The marriage was not successful because Zainab felt that Zaid was not qualified enough to get married to someone noble like her. Zaid divorce Zainab after all.

It was the costume of people in the pre-Islamic era to not to get married to their adopted spouses. Because Allah not only wanted to cancel adoption but He also established new Islamic rules that contradict the pre-Islamic ignorance period. Allah made the Prophet Muhammad to get married to Zainab to establish that a man not only cannot adopt but to get married to his previously adopted son.

By this adoption in Islam is forever cancelled. Though we can still take care of orphaned children and support them. The prophet (pbuh) said I am and the orphan supporter will be so close to each other in the day of Judgment. But we call the orphans by their fathers' names and we make them that they are our brothers and sisters and we treat them well. The orphans are not allowed to inherit out of the supporters’ wealth, but they can be given some share of it, which should be less than the third.

As of marriage issue, it is a sunnah strongly recommended by prophet Muhammad (pbuh). The benefits of marriage are enormous. For a woman it gives her the emotional resort that she needs, her little secured kingdom where she feels safe and valued. She finds a partner to protect and find a shoulder to lean her head on. Marriage is a decent and respected form of relationship that preserves a woman her dignity and honor. Where else a female can find love and to give love to.

Children also are one big issue. A big value of Muslim woman is being a mother. In Islam a mother is regarded of a high status where paradise is under her feet. When the prophet was asked who is the one that best deserve my good companionship he said: your mother and when asked who should be next he repeated your mother for three times and then said it is your father. The references in Islam in that regard are enormous.

Please sister, advise your friend to find herself a decent Muslim husband who will value her, get married and to have children of her own. When age develops and she is alone she will change the way she thinks and it will be too late for her and regret by that time will not of much value.

You have an obligation by the friendship to tell your friend the right advice and it is her decision at the end, but you have to be sincere to her any way.

May Allah guide your friend to the right decision and guide you as well to provide her with the best advice.

zaintoon

:salam2:

Allah has created men and women as company for one another, so that they can procreate and live in peace and tranquility. The Holy Qur'an states:

"And among His signs is that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your hearts. Undoubtedly in these are signs for those who reflect." (30:21)

"And Allah has made for you your mates for your own nature, and made for you, out of them, sons and daughters and grandchildren, and provided for you, sustenance of the best." (16:72)

The importance of the institution or marriage receives its greatest emphasis from the following hadith of the Prophet (Peace be upon him),
"Marriage is my sunna. Whosoever keeps away from it is not from me."

:wasalam:

abdellah007

salam

the answer of ur question in this verse sister :

[24.60] And (as for) women advanced in years who do not hope for a marriage, it is no sin for them if they put off their clothes without displaying their ornaments; and if they restrain themselves it is better for them; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

surah annor (the light) verse :60

happy 2 b muslim

dont know if you have seen this ahaith but here it is its sahih bukhari

it like this 1 man said i will fast everyday and another said i will pray all day and one said i will not marry then the prophet said i fast and i dont on some days, i pray but not all day, and i marry whoever rejects my sunnah isnt from me" ok am saying from the top of my head and it goes like that .......dont quote me on it lol salam alaykum

Asalaamalikum,

How can we imagine a woman fulfilling there obligation when usually it is the man who goes around knocking on doors looking for a partner? This is not the woman’s role. Marriage is 50% of the deen.

Umar said to Abu’l-Zawaa’id: "There is nothing stopping you from getting married but either impotence or immorality!’

The benefits of marriage are many. They include: protecting one’s religion and helping one to adhere to it; protecting and taking care of women; and producing offspring and increasing the ranks of the ummah, thus achieving the pride of the Prophet (saw).

No wise Muslim woman would hesitate to get married, especially if an offer of marriage comes from a person who is strongly committed to Islam and is possessed of a good character and morals.

maisha_d

the answer of ur question in this verse sister :

[24.60] And (as for) women advanced in years who do not hope for a marriage, it is no sin for them if they put off their clothes without displaying their ornaments; and if they restrain themselves it is better for them; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

surah annor (the light) verse :60

:salam2:

as for this ayah i was told that this concerns the woman who has reached menopause not someone that is of 28?

:wasalam:

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Al-Salam Alaikum Sister,

By this adoption in Islam is forever cancelled. Though we can still take care of orphaned children and support them. The prophet (pbuh) said I am and the orphan supporter will be so close to each other in the day of Judgment. But we call the orphans by their fathers' names and we make them that they are our brothers and sisters and we treat them well. The orphans are not allowed to inherit out of the supporters’ wealth, but they can be given some share of it, which should be less than the third.

But i heard something different you see i hear that if an orphan child is in the state of being/need breastfeed and you breastfeed them they are like your own especially if the child is boy he can not marry you and has the same rights as your son. And Can please you provided me with a quote from the Qur'ran that states adoption in Islam if forever cancelled?