Do muslim women really have to cover the whole body?

TiLK

Hello.

Its used to said that Muslim women "can wear any fashion and any color as long their outfits are not tempting, transparent, tight, and as long as they cover their bodies except the hands and the face. " (I borrowed the sentence from an article in another threat).

I wonder especially about the part about covering all except the face and the hands. My question is, where in Koran or in other holly book this is written. I saw some articles of Koran where its said about clothes of women, but they were all only general. That woman should not wear clothes which could make desire of other men and so on.

Can you please tell me, how Muslims find out that women has to be clothed this way?

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Hello, TiLK..

1st of All.. if u ask about evidence form islamic view..you should know what's islam and who's our God and who's our prophet :saw: and what's our book and what's our believe..
Here :Introductory Articles About Islam ..

Do muslim women really have to cover the whole body?

Yes, Because of..
..we have conditions of correct Hijab may be summarized as follows:

• The hijaab must cover her entire body
  • It should be thick enough to conceal what is underneath it
  • It should be loose-fitting, not tight
  • It should not be so attractive as to call men’s attention to it
  • It should not be perfumed
  • It should not be a dress of fame and vanity (i.e., it should be extravagant or excessively opulent)
  • It should not resemble the dress of men
  • It should not resemble the dress of kaafir women
  • It should not be adorned with any crosses or pictures of animate beings

cover their bodies except the hands and the face

We have already spoken about the fact that it is obligatory for women to cover their faces (Here: detailed evidence ), .

The hijaab prescribed in sharee’ah means that a woman should cover everything that it is haraam for her to show, i.e., she should cover that which it is obligatory for her to cover, first and foremost of which is the face, because it is the focus of temptation and desire.

A woman is obliged to cover her face in front of anyone who is not her mahram (blood relative to whom marriage is forbidden). From this we learn that the face is the most essential thing to be covered. There is evidence from the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the views of the Sahaabah and the imams and scholars of Islam, which indicates that women are obliged to cover all of their bodies in front of those who are not their mahrams.

peace,
islamicfajr