Do you have any Jewish friends?

apocalypse77

Im sorry if I ask this question fi it seems a lil odd but in my whole life Ive never met any Jew at all so Ive certain misconceptions abt them

I know this might sound stupid but, not all Jews approve of Zionists and hate Muslims right?

Share with me ur experience if u have any jewish frens( b4 or after reversion)

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

I don't any Non-Muslim friends but I have lots of Non-Muslim acquaintances...

Yes I do and some of them agree with Israel & some don't. I find Jews to be pretty dry usually.

Im sorry if I ask this question fi it seems a lil odd but in my whole life Ive never met any Jew at all so Ive certain misconceptions abt them

I know this might sound stupid but, not all Jews approve of Zionists and hate Muslims right?

Share with me ur experience if u have any jewish frens( b4 or after reversion)

Asalaamalikum,

I had a Jewish classmate back in my college years. We never really talked about politics, but personality wise the guy was pretty cool and funny and we studied together a few times.

BUSRA-TURKA

yes i have had...
one of them now reverted MASHALLAH...
i could become friend with his friends...so i have jew friends and also his family.But they never know He is Muslim now :S
i willl meet them this summer INSHALLAH in ISTANBUL city.where they will come for their summer holiday..so i am excited about it.
i wanna help him to visit Mosques and everywhere else,
and hide from others our real reason. u know. they 'll think it is just for fun.
but it is for his new real belief!!
* i also had jewish friend i met onlinee.
he was not so appropriate for a girl to talk lol so i dont talk with him now.
i wonder why u ask this?
if u have special reason to wonder it - feeel free to ask me
i can tell u anything..i know much about this since i known them u know.
salam!

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

I converted from Judaism to Islam last year so I think it's safe to say not all Jews hate Muslims. :) I come from an Orthodox Jewish family and have seen all sides of opinions on Islam. My family does not hate Muslims but they do fear them. They basically think I've lost my mind when I chode to convert.

Zionism is a horrible thing and luckily most orthodox Jews I know do NOT support Israel. Ironically, the Jews that I know that are not Orthodox seem to support the state of Israel without any education to back their beliefs. Weird, I know.

If you have any questions whatsoever please feel free to ask me. I am your sister in Islam and will not be offended. There are no dumb questions so please don't be shy...ask anything.

Wasalaam.

~Sarah

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Salaam,

I converted from Judaism to Islam last year so I think it's safe to say not all Jews hate Muslims. :) I come from an Orthodox Jewish family and have seen all sides of opinions on Islam. My family does not hate Muslims but they do fear them. They basically think I've lost my mind when I chode to convert.

Zionism is a horrible thing and luckily most orthodox Jews I know do NOT support Israel. Ironically, the Jews that I know that are not Orthodox seem to support the state of Israel without any education to back their beliefs. Weird, I know.

If you have any questions whatsoever please feel free to ask me. I am your sister in Islam and will not be offended. There are no dumb questions so please don't be shy...ask anything.

Wasalaam.

~Sarah

Do u know of any other jewish that revert to islam....

dna1987

Muslim Guy
^ Ok, umm.... (to sis Sarah)
In your experience, what is the general teachings in Judaism of the treatment non-Jews? (Yousuf al-Khattab - I dunno if I have the name right lol, the guy who runs the jew-for-allah website - said that generally it's quite racist?)
I really hope I don't sound stupid. Hey, you should write in the your story in the "new muslim article" section. Hope your studies are going well. Salam alaikum.

EDIT: My question didn't make sense. Lol. Are the rabbis at www.nkusa.org nuts like others have said? I personally like what they have to say - they sound very peaceful!

ShyHijabi

Do u know of any other jewish that revert to islam....

Not personally. I've seen Youtube episodes that show reverts from Judaism but I think we are a rare breed. :hijabi:

In your experience, what is the general teachings in Judaism of the treatment of Jews to non-Jews?

Judaism is a fairly humanistic religion that teaches all of God's creations are to be respected, especially humans. However the cultural teachings are a bit more grim. The Chasidic Jews (my family) are very insular and feel they should not deal with anyone but their own. I was taught that everyone but us worshipped a false God and others were to be pitied.

Growing up I was not encouraged to have friends outside our little world and was forbidden to ever talk to a Muslim. I have some uncles who hold the view that all Muslims beat their wives and cut up their daughter's genitals. (Female circumcision) So there is a lot of fear surrounding their personal opinion of Muslims.

~Sarah

ShyHijabi

EDIT: My question didn't make sense. Lol. Are the rabbis at www.nkusa.org nuts like others have said? I personally like what they have to say - they sound very peaceful!

I am very proud of these Jews...they are speaking the truth as far as Talmudic teachings go. In the Talmud and the Torah it is forbidden to have a Jewish state while Jews are in exile...which they are. But the people who claim that Israel is the "promised land" sort of ignore this rule.

~Sarah

Not personally. I've seen Youtube episodes that show reverts from Judaism but I think we are a rare breed. :hijabi:

Judaism is a fairly humanistic religion that teaches all of God's creations are to be respected, especially humans. However the cultural teachings are a bit more grim. The Chasidic Jews (my family) are very insular and feel they should not deal with anyone but their own. I was taught that everyone but us worshipped a false God and others were to be pitied.

Growing up I was not encouraged to have friends outside our little world and was forbidden to ever talk to a Muslim. I have some uncles who hold the view that all Muslims beat their wives and cut up their daughter's genitals. (Female circumcision) So there is a lot of fear surrounding their personal opinion of Muslims.

~Sarah

Asalaamalikum,

Jazakallah khair for sharing your interesting story. I have some further questions, do you ever talk to your uncles and family and help clear their misconceptions? Do you think your actions/behavior over the years helped them understand more?

Sorry for making this like a CNN interview lol

ShyHijabi

I have some further questions, do you ever talk to your uncles and family and help clear their misconceptions? Do you think your actions/behavior over the years helped them understand more?

Upon my conversion my family disowned and refused to communicate with me. I have tried calling my family members but to no avail, they say you can't speak to a dead person.

However I have cleared up a lot of misconceptions of my friends that are Jewish and Christian. They are usually more comfortable approaching a convert than a born Muslim. Not sure why that is...I think it has something to do with fear again.

Don't apologize for the "interview", I actually enjoy answering questions. :hijabi:

~Sarah

mohsofi_abdullah

Sarah
I got a virtual Jewish Friend before 9/11...
He was a very open-minded person, who works at a charity, non-profit taking organization, or something...
We talked about sports all the time, but then came 9/11...
I had to get out of the relationship because he was too young to understand my uneasiness talking to him when he tried to ask certain questions that are overwhelmingly dangerous among the non believers...
He talked about how palestine was never a place of residence, while the zionists who invaded, actually helped develop the land... like palestine was never there, before the Brits gave the land to the zionists...
I was too angry to start a conversation with him, tho, i realize now that he never attacked, but merely asking about them...
Things got so tense with the 9/11 things, and it was all that, and I got out...
Was I being irrational?

somewhatinspired

funny experience

i grew up with some, and never had any problems with them, but i wasn't a Muslim at the time. i can certainly say they weren't pigs and monkeys..you know what im getting at.

alot of them ate pork and didnt really follow their faith.

i have also met a lot of people who claimed to be half jewish.
which doesn't make sense.

i recently worked with a jewish born kid who claimed to be agnostic, and was really interested in my conversion. he was really supportive, until i spoke of Israel.

he bombarded me with the whole so if your family was put in an oven what would you do?

i was like well the Palestinians didn't put your family in an oven did they?

why isn't the jewish settlement in Germany?

lets just say it was a big mess, and things have never been the same with us.

although he claimed to be agnostic he was very set on defending the jewish "right" to have Israel based solely on religious heritage.
and didn't seem to want to acknowledge who had been there for hundreds of years, and the religious significance it held to them.

saying that for all that time jews were treated like *!*!*!*! in the middle east and deserve piece of land to call their home.

and i asked him about the Palestinians. he said they have all the freedom to live anywhere in israel they like without persecution.

i asked him about the wall, and the checkpoints. he made it clear that was to defend against religious extremists.

you know the people you see on the news jumping through flaming hoops of fire shouting kill all the jews, and blow up America.

i told him i though he was very misinformed about the subject.
he was like so the news lust lies about everything?
i said pretty much.
he asked me to justify it.
i told him that jewish money controls the media.
he said everyone knows that proudly.

so the jewish people make sure they accurately report everything?
i asked.
he said of course.
they don't have any interests of their own?
of course not.
not even Israel?
Israels interest is the truth.

he tried to explain to me that it was a possibility that jews were smarter than everyone else that they achieve so much.
he railed of a bunch of inventions by jews and such.

and i was like so thats why the united states funds Israels government.
and provides them with arms. they think they are going to be rewarded by a bunch of smart people?

he said that wasn't true, and i should check my sources.

i asked him if there could be any religious belief of the Christians behind backing the jews?

he said nope.

a few minutes later

he informed me that i sounded insane and that Islam must have brainwashed me...

kinda funny

from an agnostic fellow.

somewhatinspired

i also want to note

this was a very well mannered guy.

he was very nice to me, even after all that

he didn't date or do drugs, he seemed to have really good morals.

he was polite to the elderly, and fair to the other employees.

he held a college degree, in criminal justice.

he probably was just really brainwashed by his family about Israel,

and just didn't believe in god.

i hope i helped him find some inconsistencies in his own beliefs and opinions.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
I never knew that most Jews do not believe in the hereafter until a Jewish workmate told me. I also find it fascinating that many people identify themselves as atheist Jews!

:salam2:

Jazakum Allahu khayran for this interesting thread!

Why is it that most Jews don`t believe in the hereafter? I never knew that too. Christians believe in the hereafter.

Also, what is an atheist Jew? How can a Jew who believes in Moses PBUH as a prophet from Allah SWT, be also an atheist?

ShyHijabi

OKay it's getting a bit cumbersome to answer each post individually so I will just combine the posts that ask questions along the same vein.

There is some confusion, even among the Jews, about ethnicity versus religion. My guess is that the "Jewish atheists" are people who think they are of the Hebrew tribe ethinically...which is unlikely. It is like someone calling themselves an "Arab atheist." Most people assume Arabs are Muslim (which is also an incorrect assumption) but you get the point.

Belief in the afterlife. Jews do believe in an efterlife but not much is explained as far as details and how one gets to heaven...so some think there is no afterlife. Jews do not believe in hell, or if there is a hell it is only temporary and reserved for the worst among us.

There are some very young...very confused Jews who try to justify the wholesale slaughter of Palestenians by pointing to the holocaust. Which is absolute rubbish in my opinion. What is happening to the Palestenians is no different that what happened to the Jews during the holocaust and someone would have ot blind not to see that.

I have to go to school now for a few hours but will be back to check this thread. Hope I've helped clear up some confusion. Wasalaam.

~Sarah

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
i asked him if there could be any religious belief of the Christians behind backing the jews?

he said nope.

I know when I was a boy, the church we attended sent money to some hard core religous group in Israel. Most evangelical christians are firmly behind the jewish occupation. According to Christian prophecies, the Temple of Solomon (PBUH) has to be rebuilt as a pre-cursor to the return of Jesus (PBUH). Since there is currently a mosque on that site, and Muslims are not about to say "Sure, go ahead, tear it down. We don't need it anyway." , alot of money is directed towards extremist groups.

But anyway, back to the topic...I have known many jews in my life. With varying degrees of "jewiness" . Most I have known are not religous at all. Or at most, they would celebrate chanucah and christmas, maybe have a big dinner on Passover. Maybe, just maybe, they would show up to a temple on their high holy days.

About Israel, when I was in high school, I dated an Israeli girl who was visiting relatives for a year. Oh, btw, not a muslim at the time. She said many times that israelis don't really get jews in america. She said that no one could understand why jews would want to live anywhere except in their "homeland". Also, that many back "home" doubted the "jewishness" of their american cousins.

We have to remember that Jew is both a religion and an ethnicity. I think Jewish law is that if the mother is Jewish, so is the offspring, regardless of the ethnicity or religion of the father. It is my personal belief that Allah (swt) is not done with these particular sons of Ibrahim (PBUH). What other tribe of people have survived to this point still fairly intact with their beliefs and practices?

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:ma: We have found a personal Rabbi of TTI,
I have to go to school now for a few hours but will be back to check this thread. Hope I've helped clear up some confusion. Wasalaam
:jazaak: sister. Well I dont have any Jewish freinds and I only know our sister Sarah who is a Jew (I would prefer calling her 'one amongst the children of Israel' because who knows if she is from the tribe of Judah or not ? She might be from any of the other 11 tribes of Israel) by race but a Muslim by choice :ma:

I have been reading about the Jewish history and i find a lot of similarities between Jews and us.

Now lets talk about Jewish belief in hereafter. When I first read about it in the NT I was like ok, maybe this isn,t true but thanx to brother Ayman for telling me that they still believe the same.
Well I am only quoting what is mentioned in the NT about a group of Jews at the time of Jesus [Isa (AS)],
23That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question.
1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."
3In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
4"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"
These few verses gave me an idea that at the time of Jesus there were few people amongst the Jews who had some issues with life after death.

:salam2: If i remember correctly sister sarah isnt it the belief of the orthodox jews thats once they will get there promised land again they will again be scattered and that will be for the last time. And thats why a lot of orthodox jews dont want a proper state.