Do you like coffee???

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

*The history of coffee goes at least as far back as the thirteenth century, though coffee's origin remains unclear.

*It has been believed that Ethiopian ancestors of today's Oromo people were the first to discover and recognize the energizing effect of the coffee bean plant.

*However, no direct evidence has been found indicating where in Africa coffee grew or who among the natives might have used it, or even known about it, earlier than the 17th century.

*The story of Kaldi, the 9th-century Ethiopian goatherd who discovered coffee, did not appear in writing until 1671 AD and is probably apocryphal. From Ethiopia, coffee was said to have spread to Egypt and Yemen.

*It was in Arabia that coffee beans were first roasted and brewed, similar to modern preparation.

*By the 16th century, it had reached the rest of the Middle East, Persia, Turkey, and northern Africa. Coffee then spread to Italy, and to the rest of Europe, to Indonesia, and to the Americas.

2mydx1l.jpg

Black Coffee – A French press style coffee served as is, with no milk.

2j3jm3d.jpg

Caffe Latte – A mixture of a single shot espresso in steamed milk.

b4xo5d.jpg

Café Macchiato – A stronger variety of Caffee Latte, having more espresso.

5b33x2.jpg

Cappuccino – An equal mixture of espresso, steamed milk, frothed milk, with cinnamon or flaked chocolate on top.

2ymy77l.jpg

Espresso Con Panda – Espresso with whipped cream as a topping.

zr4wo.jpg

Flavored Coffee – Coffee that has an added flavor to it.

r8h8hu.gif

Frappe – Espresso that is served cold, with added sugar, water and ice.

25frhxc.jpg

Iced cappuccino-lete coffee

10ngigp.jpg

Mocha – Basically, it is a cappuccino or latte that has been mixed with chocolate syrup.

2itpkid.jpg

White Coffee – Black coffee that has been added with milk.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
2r5q44k.jpg

Starbucks cappuccino

f1d6q.jpg

Americano – It is a mixture of a single shot of espresso with about 7 ounces of water.

x4kjk5.jpg

Iced Coffee – Coffee with ice, which can also be served with milk or sugar.

ddgc5d.jpg

Turkish coffee

2ptnh1t.jpg

Café Breva – Type of cappuccino made with half milk, instead of whole.

2j670va.jpg

Cafe au Lait – A slightly less intense variant of Caffe Latte, due to it being made with brewed coffee instead of espresso

starbucks-caramel-macchiato.gif

Starbuks coffee with caramel

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I love coffee. I used to drink about five cups. I am down to two.

Some women like diamonds..some like furs...some like cars...I love coffee.

I will even drink cowboy coffee. ( boil coffee in a pan with water; no filters).

It is a gift from heaven.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum

COFFEEEEEEEEE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
wa-llahi, I drink it more than water!!
I'm not joking, water is something that I always forget to drink and even I dont like to drink, actually I dont feel interest in drinking water!

even I had so bad experience with coffee, my semester final was going and I had to prepare for it and to teach a lot frnds of my class, so I started taking 10-11 MUGS of coffee, then after 3-4days, I got a severe chest pain, because of excessive gas form!! the doctor performed ECG and they were about to take angiography, later, he asked what have you eaten?
I said: a lot coffee
doc: how many cups?
me: I dont drink from cup, usually MUG, 10mugs, and BLACK coffee, even without sugar!!
doc: black/white,coffee is haram for you, from now!! (he used the word: haram)

then for a long time I was away from coffee, later I again started consuming coffee, and now I'm in a cold country, snowy, so 5-6 mugs are pretty normal!!

oh, I got to go, need to have a cup of coffee...he he

JazakAllah khair for the nice thread sister asja
wassalam

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:salam2:

I am more used to TEA than coffee.. lolz as you know I am from Sri Lanka.. BUT I LOVE MILK COFFEE.. Yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

But Asja.. your post made me forget TEA ......

Now that I love coffee... :)

JAZAKALLAHU KHAIR...

dna1987

Muslim Guy
I like coffee...with a lot of sugar. But I drink tea more now. There was a time I used to drink more coffee/tea than water too, whenever I got thristy. Recently, I've been changing my habits though, and I've been drinking water instead lol (like I'm meant to). Haven't had coffee in weeks now, it's more of a thing to drink when I'm out with friends.
Assalam alaikum.

Ibn Uthaymin

Why does Starbucks have to support Israel?

Starbucks dont support Israeel. This is what emotional Muslims say after watching a few clips on Youtube.

Read from their own sources:

Is it true that Starbucks provides financial support to Israel?

No. This is absolutely untrue. Rumors that Starbucks Coffee Company provides financial support to the Israeli government and/or the Israeli Army are unequivocally false. Starbucks is a publicly held company and as such, is required to disclose any corporate giving each year through a proxy statement. In addition, articles in the London Telegraph (U.K.), New Straits Times (Malaysia), and Spiked (online) provide an outside perspective on these false rumors.

http://news.starbucks.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=200

Its a tad too expensive though

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

I like coffee too ( what can be seen from attached). :)I love all kinds of coffe, black coffee, with cream, with milk, with chocolate as well, and especialy the one with a loot of cream and walnuts, but I try to drink tea as well, because it is more healthy.

Dear sister Appa and dear brother Saif, it seems that you like coffee the most. :hijabi:. Untill I did not red your replies, I did not knew that someone can love coffee so much.

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

A cup of coffee with a dear friend and things could not be better. It slows me down to reflect and think; another opportunity to thank Allah subhana talla for all His Blessings.

To watch a sunrise at the beach and sip on coffee;
To watch a sunset in the mountains and sip on coffee;
To sit with a sister in the kitchen on a snowy evening and discuss Islam while sipping on coffee;

To sip a cup of coffee as your husband and children run out the door and you say Alhumdullila.

To stop and get a cup of coffee and yack ( talk of no consequence) to another human being and rejoice for being alive.

You just made me wish for another cup..and indeed that is what I will do.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Send me some and I will taste it. And we all know I have an opinion on everything.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2: Sister,

I started liking Coffee after reading the book "The Road to Makkah", it is basically about travels of a Jewish convert Journalist from Austria.

He travelled much of the Muslim world from Saudi to North Africa and from Iran to Astar Khan in Russia. Most of it is devoted to day to day life of Arabian desert which includes Coffee.

By the way, Check out this video about Coffee from Indonesia...Might leave some bad taste...

[yt]0pajB4g3Q6Q[/yt]

:wasalam:

Kakorot

Assalaam walaikum,

Send me some and I will taste it. And we all know I have an opinion on everything.

:wasalam: wr wb,

I don't have any :-(

A baking tip: When you're baking chocolate cake, add a bit of coffee in the cake mixture because it brings out the flavour of the chocolate. :SMILY129: