documentary suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nextman

salaam.

some of you might already know about our newly opened mosque, for thos of you who dont - you do now. :)

we have set aside some time on a sunday evening after isha namaz in which we will hold showings of islamic documentaries or documentaries about islam on our new cinema screen. (its not really - just a ceiling projector with a roll-up screen). any suggestions would be welcome. please bare in mind they would be shown in a mosque so nothing with swearing or anything inappropriate would be allowed. this week we showed an english lecture by professor Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-qadri (founder of minhaj international) but the youth didnt find it appealing and suggested english documentaries would be more suitable for them. im trying to find a copy of "planet islam" but had no luck so far. Inshallah next week we will show "the road to guantanamo" (channel 4 documentary). im also looking at purchasing some harun yahya dvds ive seen advertised on the islam channel.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
I have no idea. It hasn't been edited. Thats the same thing that happens when you type in yahoo email adresses. Anyway you typed harun y**** right?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

I would strongly advise all Muslims to stay clear of Harun Yahya.

He has major mistakes in his beliefs. Basically, Sufi - Shia beliefs. He is not a Scholar of any kind, rather he is a "thinker" and a business man - .

On his website he has some incorrect ideas. It says that both Jesus and the Mehdi are living somewhere in the Earth and are hiding from terrorists, atheists. So, he says a lot of things without any evidence.

These are his (Harun Yahya) exact words, as expressed in one article on his site:

"In my view, the Prophet Jesus has also returned to earth, but he too is hidden. He is obliged to conceal himself because of the terrorist and political attacks he would be exposed to. However, he too will emerge in the very near future and together with the Mahdi will embark upon his intellectual struggle."

This is incorrect, The Prophet Isa, was raised to heaven by Allah, and he will descend down, by the will of Allah, when the time comes.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"That they say (in boast): 'We killed the Messiah Isa, son of Maryam, the Messenger of Allah, but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of Isa was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no certain knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely, they killed him not, but Allah raised him up unto Himself. And Allah is ever All-Powerful, All-Wise. And there is none of the people of the scripture but must believe in him before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection, he (Isa) will be a witness against them." ([/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Qur'an 4:157-159)[/FONT]

This is recorded in Quran and Sahih Hadith.

The Prophet:saw: said:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Allah will send the Messiah, son of Maryam, and he will descend to the white minaret in the East of Damascus, wearing two garments dyed with saffron, placing his hands on the wings of two angels. When he lowers his head, beads of perspiration will fall from it, and when he raises his head, beads like pearls will scatter from it. Every Kaffir (unbeliever) who smells the fragrance (of his breath) will die, and his breath will reach as far as he can see. He will search for the Dajjal until he finds him at the gate of Ludd where he will kill him. Then a group of people whom Allah has protected will come to Isa (as), son of Maryam, and he will wipe the traces of hardship from their faces and tell them of their place in Paradise. At that point, Allah will reveal to Isa (as): 'I have brought forth some of My servants whom no-one will be able to fight. Take my servants safely to Al-Tur.'"[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Muslim)[/FONT]

Also, he writes his incorrect Aqeedah beliefs about Wahdatul Wujood. That all things actually are part of Allah, coming from him.

Oh and he quotes from Ibn Arabi, who all the Scholars called a Disbeliever. For he said that humans can be part of God, and that He himself was God. Of course, the disbelievers and many of the people of innovations like this. Astaghfirullah.

So we must be careful, and actually stick to the scholars not these modernists with incorrect Aqeedah and beliefs. Oh, and I wouldnt recommend this Qadri guy either. He believes in Saint worship, infact he recommends people use relics of the "Saints" as a way of getting closer to Allah and getting help. Astaghfirullah. So, he is fully of Shirk and Bidah. What a waste of all those years he spent studying for his phds hey. Just goes to show Islam is not learnt just by going to universities etc. But, by actually learning from the Scholars and most importantly having correct Tawheed and Aqeedah.

wasalam

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
:salam2:

I have a suggestion for your group, brother - It's a revealing documentary that almost fully explains why Islam is in the situation that it is (politically) in the world today. The following is the Introduction:

The Power of Nightmares, subtitled The Rise of the Politics of Fear, is a BBC series of documentary films, written and produced by Adam ...

This is a series of films about how and why that fantasy was created, and who it benefits. At the heart of the story are two groups: the American neoconservatives, and the radical Islamists. Both were idealists who were born out of the failure of the liberal dream to build a better world. And both had a very similar explanation for what caused that failure. These two groups have changed the world, but not in the way that either intended. Together, they created today’s nightmare vision of a secret, organized evil that threatens the world. A fantasy that politicians then found restored their power and authority in a disillusioned age. And those with the darkest fears became the most powerful.

You can easily download Google videos onto your hard-drive, and then with the downloadable "Google Video Player" you can display them in full-screen. InshaAllah your academic group will benefit from this.

Another I'd recommend would be "An Inconvienient Truth" by former Vice-President Al Gore - it has nothing to do with Islam, but it has everything to do with the other major issue of our time - one which is much less understood. It fully examines the cause and effect of Global Warming, and how in the next few years (literally) we will all be affected! I'd say it's very important to become aware of this situation, and pull away from the distraction of "War on Terrorism" that American society has forced us all to be so obsessed by.

:wasalam:

stranger786

Dream of His Slavery

This is a series of films about how and why that fantasy was created, and who it benefits. At the heart of the story are two groups: the American neoconservatives, and the radical Islamists. Both were idealists who were born out of the failure of the liberal dream to build a better world. And both had a very similar explanation for what caused that failure.

! I'd say it's very important to become aware of this situation, and pull away from the distraction of "War on Terrorism" that American society has forced us all to be so obsessed by.

my bro..just to share with you ...i have done of lot of reaseach on this topic..and my conclusion is that the American neoconservatives are using the radical Islamists in such a smart way..that no one can imagine..

This truth will come out later of sooner.

may Allah mercy on all muslims and give wisdom to Amercian people to know the reality .

faiz_fauzi

It is not good to say other muslims "kafirun"(disbeliever).It is just not good.

I just stick to no one!NO matter how bad is he or she as long as he still in his syahada.He is still a muslim and in our family.

ALLAH knows best!

nextman

Assalamu Alaykum,

I would strongly advise all Muslims to stay clear of Harun Yahya.

He has major mistakes in his beliefs. Basically, Sufi - Shia beliefs. He is not a Scholar of any kind, rather he is a "thinker" and a business man - .

On his website he has some incorrect ideas. It says that both Jesus and the Mehdi are living somewhere in the Earth and are hiding from terrorists, atheists. So, he says a lot of things without any evidence.

These are his (Harun Yahya) exact words, as expressed in one article on his site:

"In my view, the Prophet Jesus has also returned to earth, but he too is hidden. He is obliged to conceal himself because of the terrorist and political attacks he would be exposed to. However, he too will emerge in the very near future and together with the Mahdi will embark upon his intellectual struggle."

This is incorrect, The Prophet Isa, was raised to heaven by Allah, and he will descend down, by the will of Allah, when the time comes.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"That they say (in boast): 'We killed the Messiah Isa, son of Maryam, the Messenger of Allah, but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of Isa was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no certain knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely, they killed him not, but Allah raised him up unto Himself. And Allah is ever All-Powerful, All-Wise. And there is none of the people of the scripture but must believe in him before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection, he (Isa) will be a witness against them." ([/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Qur'an 4:157-159)[/FONT]

This is recorded in Quran and Sahih Hadith.

The Prophet:saw: said:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Allah will send the Messiah, son of Maryam, and he will descend to the white minaret in the East of Damascus, wearing two garments dyed with saffron, placing his hands on the wings of two angels. When he lowers his head, beads of perspiration will fall from it, and when he raises his head, beads like pearls will scatter from it. Every Kaffir (unbeliever) who smells the fragrance (of his breath) will die, and his breath will reach as far as he can see. He will search for the Dajjal until he finds him at the gate of Ludd where he will kill him. Then a group of people whom Allah has protected will come to Isa (as), son of Maryam, and he will wipe the traces of hardship from their faces and tell them of their place in Paradise. At that point, Allah will reveal to Isa (as): 'I have brought forth some of My servants whom no-one will be able to fight. Take my servants safely to Al-Tur.'"[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Muslim)[/FONT]

Also, he writes his incorrect Aqeedah beliefs about Wahdatul Wujood. That all things actually are part of Allah, coming from him.

Oh and he quotes from Ibn Arabi, who all the Scholars called a Disbeliever. For he said that humans can be part of God, and that He himself was God. Of course, the disbelievers and many of the people of innovations like this. Astaghfirullah.

So we must be careful, and actually stick to the scholars not these modernists with incorrect Aqeedah and beliefs. Oh, and I wouldnt recommend this Qadri guy either. He believes in Saint worship, infact he recommends people use relics of the "Saints" as a way of getting closer to Allah and getting help. Astaghfirullah. So, he is fully of Shirk and Bidah. What a waste of all those years he spent studying for his phds hey. Just goes to show Islam is not learnt just by going to universities etc. But, by actually learning from the Scholars and most importantly having correct Tawheed and Aqeedah.

wasalam

there is a difference between promoting your own aqeeda and offending others. i dont have huge amounts of knowledge but im a close student of sheikh-ul-islam tahir-ul-qadri and over the last 5 years i've never heard him condone saint worship or using relics - would you care to provide some proof?

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

To be honest, I personally disaprove of him. You doubt whether he condones saint worship, when he considers himself a saint. 'A gift of God' and 'a great saint of his time'. As muslims we should remain humble. Check out his website:

http://qadri.minhaj.org/en/content/view/12/28/
and take this event for example.

What is that all about?

To be honest, I really don't like discussing these things.

nextman

To be honest, I personally disaprove of him. You doubt whether he condones saint worship, when he considers himself a saint. 'A gift of God' and 'a great saint of his time'. As muslims we should remain humble. Check out his website:
http://qadri.minhaj.org/en/content/view/12/28/

and take this event for example.http://www.minhaj.org/org/index.php?...id=190&lang=en

What is that all about?

To be honest, I really don't like discussing these things.
you make it sound like having saints is against islam. what does that have to do with the worship of saints? show me where he says "worship me" or "bow down to me" or "ask for forgiveness through me".

wid da deen

documentaries

asalaam u alaikum

for sum reason i get the feelin ppl dont like here opposing views on this forum, the last message i postd 'mysteriously' vanished, so i'll try posting it again

aslaam brother if you really want some gud stuf for youth to watch u cud try finding a lecture that dr qadri did in glasgow on terrorism it was very effectiv and was deliverd to non muslims aswel.

and brother abdul raheem i am upset at the lack of respect you show towards dr qadri. i hav sat in his lectures and i have to say they wr very very beneficial. just because others call him a saint does not mean he thinks he is. from what i have seen he is a very humble man and always considers himself to be the lowest of the low even though i have to say he is one of the best scholars of today. he has never condoned saint worship. he simply uses the traditions of the great leaders in islam and follows their examples what is the harm in that?

as far as the relics thing goes it was the sunnah of syedina khalid bin walid one of the greatest and best companions of the holy prophet (saw). he used to put the hair of the holy prophet (saw) undr his hat and fight in battls. and he himself sed it was cos of the blessings of this hair, so if u hav n e ting agenst such practces i suggest u take it up with the great companions.

and about christmas celebrations, there is nothing wrong with celebrating the birth of prophet isa (as). he was our prophet aswell and we need to show that islam respects him. on one occassion at the time of prophet isa he made dua to Allah (swt) that the day of his birth be blessed, the day of his departure be blessed and also the day when he wil be risen agen so hu are we to do otherwise and to forget bout this blessd day

finally brother i am not a scholar either but i know that as a muslim one of the basic fundamentals is not to criticise and to bad mouthe others wether they are muslim or non muslim. it is a basic ettiquette of islam and you are showing pure disespect by speaking of people in such a bad way without even considering the commands of the creator.

may Allah swt give us the opportunity to speak good and to spread the deen in its truest forms.

wasalaam

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

There are times when it's best to remain silent and now is one of them. I've stated my views and if I've offended anyone, I apologise. I will leave this with people of greater knowledge to discuss. May allah forgive me if i've wronged anyone as we all make mistakes.

China Doll

i just joined de forum, fink its cool...yo bro Abdul...fanx for those links...dats amazin...de shaykh is top...i seen him on Qtv and some ova channel omm think summat like unity..his lectures awesome...

he like does all de sunnahs an everythin...dont see much shaykhs doin dat these days, specially creatin unity wid all mankind...ders lot of bad stuff goin on in de world..but dis shaykh rocks in de 'peace'...if only der were more ppl like him..

yo wid da deen, i iz wid ya all de way dude...i were readin dis booklet...dat were given out at de minhaj centre...remember reading summat bout dat verse dat u mentioned bout Prophet Isa AS..leme check...omm ya its...19:33 and it says 'send salaam on me the day i was born and the day i died and the day i shall be raised alive.'

cool innit..

anyway peace out ..hey dese emoticons r cool :mashallah: :muslim_child:

mashallah

Mashallah, Subhanallah, Alhamdulilah...
we have brothers and sisters in da deen. Firstly my great respect to the sister who spoke out, informed and corercted those misguiding and misunderstood statemtns that have been made thorughtout the forum from one brother to the next.
V liv in a day n age where to find a scholar preaching Islam da correct way is like lukin for a Visa to get into India. Wen v do finally cum across rerspected scholars preaching da deen, sharing the knowledge, and guiding those who need to b guided we have people with the arrogance to diss and cuss these respected aulima of the time. would u dare do that at the time of the Prophet S.A.W am afraid we wud not...y? because the truth always shines through the false nature of human desire.
Now my respected brothers in Islam with the intention to "advise" another fellow muslim from the knowledge of a particular sheikh please luk in2 uself and ask "if I stop this Muslim brother/sister from attaining the knowledge from this sheick; may it Be D.R T.Qadri or Yusuf Islam or ne other respected scholar, am I given this person justice?" especially wen da allegations have no evidence which is a sin on its own.
Please rather than divert the Deen from post to post guide each other with open arms and good intentions.
MAy Allah reward us all for the tiny efforts we present infront of Allah S.W.T
WASALAM

faiz_fauzi

"Whosoever shows enmity to one of My Friends, I shall declare war upon him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask something of Me, I would surely give it to him. Were he to seek refuge in Me, I would surely grant him it. Nor do I hesitate to do anything as I hesitate to take back the believer's soul, for he hates death and I hate to hurt him."
Narrated from Abu Hurayra by Bukhari

That why i prefer not to say anything against Harun Yahya,dr qadri or Ibn Arabi.I choose to remain quiet and not say anything that i dont even know bout it.because according to the hadith if lat say they were friends(auliya,saint) of ALLAH so im in a big trouble.ALLAH will declare war upon me.I fear ALLAH more than anything.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum

there is no enmity to Allah's friends. These peoplel are Allah's enemies!! Those who Commit Shirk and Bidah or who are Disbelievers such as Ibn Arabi. How can Ibn Arabi be a friend of Allah when he said "I am Allah". This is the misery and poor state of our Ummah, that we have such misconception and appreciation for the juhaal ignorant people.

We do not allow the spread of mistaken beliefs of Sufi or Shia. This website is not a free-speech website. There is only one thing allowed, and that is the clear teachings which are supported by the Quran and Sunnah with the understanding of the first three generation of Muslims.

My advice is to stick to the clear teachings of the Quran and Sunnah.

Therefore we remove and disallow people with incorrect Aqeedah. Such as those who those who believe it is allwoed to visit graves and ask help from the Dead. Those who innovate in the Deen.

Fundamental Beliefs in Islam Tawheed and Aqeedah

Introductory Articles About Islam

Read what the Real Shaykh ul Islam said:
Shaykhul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (died 728H) said: "The Tawheed with which the Messengers came with comprises of affirming that Divinity and worship belong to Almighty God alone, such that a person witnesses that none has the right to be worshipped except Almighty God, and that none is worshipped except Him, nor depended upon other than Him, nor are alliances or enemies made except for Him, nor is an action done except for Him. This affirmation also covers those Names and Attributes which Almighty God affirms for Himself,
as God - the Most High - says: "And the God to be worshipped is only one God. None has the right to be worshipped except Him, the Most Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy."38

And God - the Most High - says:

"Do not take two objects of worship. Indeed, Almighty God is the only Deity to be worshipped, so fear Him."39.

And He - the Most High - says:

"Whosoever calls upon (i.e. supplicates or prays to) other than God, for which he has no proof, then his reckoning is only with his Lord. Indeed the disbelievers will not be successful."40

Almighty God - the Most High - also says: "And ask those of our Messengers whom we sent before you: 'Did We ever appoint objects of worship besides the Most Merciful?'"41

And Almighty God informed us about every Prophet from amongst the Prophets that they called the people to the worship of God alone, having no partner,
as He said: "Indeed there is an excellent example for you in Abraham and those with him, when they said to their people: 'Indeed we are free from you and whatever you worship besides Almighty God. We have rejected you, and there has arisen between us and you, hostility and hatred forever - until you believe in God alone."42 And God said about the mushriks (pagan idolaters): "When it is said to them: 'None has the right to be worshipped except Almighty God', they become arrogant. And they say: 'Are we to abandon those deities that we worship because of a mad poet?"43 And this occurs a lot in the Qur'aan.

And what is meant by Tawheed is not merely Tawheed ar-Roobubiyyah - the belief that Almighty God alone is the Creator - which is what some of the people of Kalaam (speculative theology) and the Sufis think! So they think that if they affirm this type of Tawheed, along with its proofs, then they have affirmed the utmost limits of Tawheed and that if they bear witness to this and become absorbed in it, then they have absorbed themselves in the limits of Tawheed! However, this is not the case. Since even if a person agreed to those attributes which are befitting to the Lord, and declared Him free from everything He should be declared free from and affirmed that He alone is the creator of everything - then still such a person would not be a muwahid (a person of Tawheed) until along with this, he witnesses that the only Ilaah (i.e. object of worship) is Almighty God (Allah) - (i.e. none has the right to he worshipped except God alone) - affirming that Almighty God alone is the Ilaah deserving off all worship, adhering to this worship and associating no partners with Him. Also affirming that this Ilaah (object of worship) is He who is deified and worshipped and who deserves worship and it is not that Ilaah merely with the meaning: "The One who has the power to create and originate."44

So if an explainer (of the Qur'aan) explains Ilaah to mean: "The One who has the power to create and originate" and believes that this is the most particular description of Ilaah and affirms this to be the limits of Tawheed - as is done by the people of Kalaam (speculative theology), and it is what they say from Abul-Hasan al-Ash'aree45
and his followers - then they do not know the true reality of the Tawheed with which Almighty God sent His Messengers, since the Arab mushriks (pagan idolaters) used to agree that Almighty God alone is the Creator of everything. Yet despite this, they were still mushriks,

as God - the Most High - says:

"Most people do not believe in God except that they commit shirk (i.e. associate others with Him in belief and worship).''46

A group from amongst the Salaf (the first three generations of Muslims) said: "If you ask them who created the Heavens and the earth, they will say: 'God' - yet along with this, they worshipped others besides Him."47

Almighty God - the Most High - said. "Say:
'Whose is the earth and all that is in it, if you do indeed know?' They will say: 'It belongs to God.' Say: 'Will you not then remember?' Say: 'Who is the Lord of the heavens and the Lord of the great Throne?' They will say: 'God.' Say: 'Will you not then fear Him?"48

So not everyone who affirms that Almighty God is the Lord of everything and is its Creator, will be a worshipper of Him to the exclusion of everything else - calling upon Him alone, hoping in Him alone, having fear of Him alone, forming allegiance and enmity for Him, obeying His Messengers, ordering what He orders and forbidding what He forbade."49

================
In Conclusion
================

Shaykh 'Abdul-Qaadir al-Jeelaanee (died 561H) said: "So it is upon you to fear God - the Mighty and Majestic - and not to fear anyone else except Him. Turn to God - the Mighty and Majestic - for your every need, and rely upon Him alone - the Most High - seeking that which you need from Him alone. Do not rely upon anyone other than Almighty God. And Tawheed - all is contained in Tawheed."

Read More:

Purification Through Tawheed : Mankind's Greatest Need

An Explanation of the Truth of Monotheism

Therefore this Topic is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.