Does anyone remember this hadith?

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
Does anyone remember this hadith, where one sahaba who wept upon seeing the marking at the Rasulullah's sws back (due the a piece of cloth that he used in his nap) and told the prophet sws that he is weeping 'cause the kings of persians dwells in the palace and gardens while the prophet sws cannot fit on a piece of cloth... or something like that.

Can you give me the complete hadith for this.

This is one of the hadiths that almost drop my tears away from my eyes (I usually had the habit of controlling my tears). Thanks

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Closest I got:

On the authority of Abdullah bin Mas'ud (may Allah be pleased with him) who said:

Once the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) slept on a mat made of date palm leaves and when he awoke the impressions of the mat were visible on his body. We (the Companions) said: 'O Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) may we prepare a soft bedding for you?' He said: "I have nothing to do with this world, I am in this world like a rider who halts in the shade of a tree for a short time and after taking some rest, resumes his journey leaving the tree behind." (Tirmizi)

wasalam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Closest I got:

On the authority of Abdullah bin Mas'ud (may Allah be pleased with him) who said:

Once the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) slept on a mat made of date palm leaves and when he awoke the impressions of the mat were visible on his body. We (the Companions) said: 'O Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) may we prepare a soft bedding for you?' He said: "I have nothing to do with this world, I am in this world like a rider who halts in the shade of a tree for a short time and after taking some rest, resumes his journey leaving the tree behind." (Tirmizi)

wasalam

MashAllah !!!!

amina88

I live & die 4 Allah
I know exactly which hadith you are talking about, the sahabi was Umar ra as far as I can remember. I searched for it but I couldn't find it but thats the closest one I came across:

Book 024, Number 5186 Sahih Muslim:
A'isha reported that the bedding on which. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) slept was made of leather stuffed with palm fibre.

I highly recommend the following website for all your needs, it's the best (sowy tti). If u really wanna know, Im sure u can find it there.
http://www.islamicity.com/

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah

Closest I got:

wasalam

Thanks for your help sis. Assalamualaikum