Question: Does Ghusl take place of Wudu?

Ummah123

Assalamu Alaykum

Every morning before i leave i do Ghusl, do i have to do Wudu again or does Ghusl include Wudu? I'm asking this since we already do all the fard acts of Wudu in Ghusl.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
From what I know, there is the valid ghusl, which are the acts that you perform that validate your prayers and should you miss some by accident or your lacking in knowledge of them, it still remains valid, and then there is complete ghusl, and this includes performing wudhu separately and completely, but within the ghusl, in addition to the other sunnah and obligatory processes.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Assalamu Alaykum

Every morning before i leave i do Ghusl, do i have to do Wudu again or does Ghusl include Wudu? I'm asking this since we already do all the fard acts of Wudu in Ghusl.

Wa Alaikkum Asalaam

Ghusl includes wudu so there is no need to do it seperately. Also Ghusl is only ever needed on certain occasions such as before Juma prayer, eid prayers, after sexual intercourse, sexual discharge, washing a dead body, entering ihraam and when a person utters the Shahada and becomes a Muslim.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ummah123

Wa Alaikkum Asalaam

Ghusl includes wudu so there is no need to do it seperately. Also Ghusl is only ever needed on certain occasions such as before Juma prayer, eid prayers, after sexual intercourse, sexual discharge, washing a dead body, entering ihraam and when a person utters the Shahada and becomes a Muslim.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Jazakallah Khair. I was aware it's not a must to perform ghusl, i just prefer ghusl every day as it gets really hot here.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalaamu `alaikum warahmatullaah brother Ummah123.

That ghusl (regular shower) is insufficient without wudhoo'.

Shaykh ibn `Uthaymeen (rahimahullaah) said: "If he does ghusl to cool off or he does ghusl for Jumu`ah or some other ghusl that is mustahabb, then it is not sufficient because that ghusl is not aimed at removing impurity. So the basic principle is that if ghusl is aimed at removing impurity--i.e., janabah or menses in the case of women--then it is sufficient with no need for wudhoo', otherwise it is not sufficient with no need for wudhoo'. [Liqaa' al-Baab il-Maftooh no. 109, answer 14]

And bin Baaz (rahimahullaah said: "If the ghusl is done for another reason, such as ghusl for Jumu`ah or ghusl to cool oneself off or to lean oneself, then it is not sufficient with no need for wudhoo' even if one intends that, because the parts are not washed in sequence, which is one of the essential parts of wudhoo' and because there is no major impurity where minor impurity may be included in the intention (to purify oneself), as is the case with ghusl from janaabah." [Majmoo` Fataawa Ibn Baaz (10/173-174)]

You can read the complete article here. http://islamqa.info/en/99543