does the angel of death visit us?

muslimaforlife

assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

i heard this quite a few times that the angel of death comes to visit us five times a day....is that true...??

muslims.helper

is a Bro, NOT a Sis
Asalamo Aleikum,

According to my knowledge, I know the Angel of death (called Azraa’eel) visit us several times a day. I tried looking that up on the internet but i couldn't find it. Anyway I will ask round and get back to you with the Hadeth Inshaa Allah.

nizar83

aselemu aleikum. we are not sure if his name is azraaéel.
its not sure since the quraan doesnt state a name, nor does the sunnah and ahadeeth,....the only sources we have claiming his name to be azraaéel are jewish sources..we cannot deny it...nor confirm it..

maybe its best if we call him ANGEL OF DEATH simple, but correct.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/40671/angel of death

muslims.helper

is a Bro, NOT a Sis
Asalamo Aleikum Nizar,

Jazak Allah Keir for sharing your knowledge and correcting my information for me so I can learn the right :)

:salam2:The angel of Death. Mentioned in the Qur'an under the title of Malaku 'l-Maut, Surah *!*!*!ii 11, "The angel of death who is charged with you shalt cause you to die.". [MALAHU 'L-MAUT.]

naaad

mu'minah
assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

i heard this quite a few times that the angel of death comes to visit us five times a day....is that true...??

Wa alaikum AsSalaam,
i've read articles and heard many lectures by scholars (Arab) but have'nt heard any such thing. everywhere, i heard that Malakul Maut comes when a man's soul is to be taken out i.e.,the moment of his death.

also read and heard that an angel(not Malakul Maut) comes to us in fajr and stays with us till asr. another angel comes in asr and stays with us till fajr. ALLAH asks each one what his servant was doing when they reached him and left him. and if a person is found praying the 2 prayers at their appropriate time then they'll reply that- when they reached him, he was praying and when they left him, he was praying. this pleases ALLAH.....................i am sorry, i dont know the exact words of the hadith but it's meaning is as mentioned above.

and ALLAH knows best....

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
Since we don't have any idea when we can die, in sha allah, the angel of death can visit us all the time. That is what is so important for every second of our lives to concentrate on Allah. We never know when the angel will take us. So alhumdulilah we need to be prepared all the time. I do remember reading something about a lecture, that the angel comes to us at least 5 times in a day. I will try to find it.

muslims.helper

is a Bro, NOT a Sis
Wa alaikum AsSalaam,
i've read articles and heard many lectures by scholars (Arab) but have'nt heard any such thing. everywhere, i heard that Malakul Maut comes when a man's soul is to be taken out i.e.,the moment of his death.

also read and heard that an angel(not Malakul Maut) comes to us in fajr and stays with us till asr. another angel comes in asr and stays with us till fajr. ALLAH asks each one what his servant was doing when they reached him and left him. and if a person is found praying the 2 prayers at their appropriate time then they'll reply that- when they reached him, he was praying and when they left him, he was praying. this pleases ALLAH.....................i am sorry, i dont know the exact words of the hadith but it's meaning is as mentioned above.

and ALLAH knows best....

Asalamo Aleikum,

what you said is totally true. i know the Hadith but I neither can not remember the exact phrase. There are lots of angel round us, like the ones you mentioned, there are other two that always with us that write down good and bad deeds, there are other that keep bad things away from us (like those times when an accident or something bad ALMOST hit you but it JUST missed you by an inch, that is what this angel do), ...etc.

Tomorrow Inshaa Allah, i will be meeting some religious people and will ask them if they know anything about it. it seems though that my information is not accurate since no anybody heard about.

May Allah always give us the right knowledge that we could benefit from it and make us apply it.

muslims.helper

is a Bro, NOT a Sis
Asalamo Aleikum brother and sisters,

I would like to apologize for sending wrong information. Seems no body i know heard about such things and I can not figure out or remember who told me that info. Thank you all for correcting this information for me.

Jazak Allah Kheir and May Allah reward you good deeds for it.