Dresses with animal/cartoon/human image ??

Hopetogoparadis

Assalam alakum

I have some clothes, like tshirts, sport suit etc, which have some kind of image on them. A few of them have cartoon character, a few human image and so on. I wonder what should i do with these clothings ? Someone told me its better/i shouldnt wear them. But then what can i do with them ? Should i just keep them in wardrobe so maybe without me saying anything, my parents might give them to someone else ? Or should i just go and throw them to garbage ? Or any other idea ?

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

" Pictures of animate beings must be removed ,whether they are on clothing or other items. They may be removed by blotting them out. What is important is to erase the face by blotting it out or by stitching a piece of fabric over it so that the face will be obliterated. And Allaah knows best. - Answered by Sheikh Muhammad Salih Al-Munajjid

Wassalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

PeacefulHumanity

:)Smile! It's Sunnah
:salam2:

If you know people in need, then donate them. There are plenty of charities in need of clothes for the homeless and destitute.

:wasalam:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

If you know people in need, then donate them. There are plenty of charities in need of clothes for the homeless and destitute.

Salam alaykum;

Sorry but even meaning is good (as help other people) isn´t it quite illogical: if I can´t use clothes with kind of pictures, how I could give them to someone else and make him do the sin as using them?

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
Salam alaykum;

Sorry but even meaning is good (as help other people) isn´t it quite illogical: if I can´t use clothes with kind of pictures, how I could give them to someone else and make him do the sin as using them?

walaykum as'salaam,

They believe in kufr, having images on clothing is least of their concern. Plus they already have plenty of clothes of their own with such images. Reasoning behind not having images is that the angels of mercy do not enter a house where dogs or images are kept. The kuffar sleep with their dogs, images won't make much different. The image ruling seems more relevant to the Muslims than the non-Musilms. I don't see anything wrong in donating them to the needy.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma

Cut in pieces and use as a mop, or as a dustcloth.

Bismillah
Walaikumassalaam.

If I start doing that my mother would think I have lost it and she would be filling a form to admit me in a mental hospital. :p LOL.

Yep. Better to donate it to someone as bro PeacefulHumanity said. I gave off a few, a few more are left off. InshaAllah will get rid of them soon. :)

Peace

alf2

Islam is a way of life
walaykum as'salaam,

They believe in kufr, having images on clothing is least of their concern. Plus they already have plenty of clothes of their own with such images. Reasoning behind not having images is that the angels of mercy do not enter a house where dogs or images are kept. The kuffar sleep with their dogs, images won't make much different. The image ruling seems more relevant to the Muslims than the non-Musilms. I don't see anything wrong in donating them to the needy.

I have to agree with this.

Also @ Hopetogotoparadise:

This year I made the decision to throw out all my clothes with images, it was hard. But I think it was the right thing to do. May Allah swt guide us all. ameen.

Bismillah
Walaikumassalaam.

If I start doing that my mother would think I have lost it and she would be filling a form to admit me in a mental hospital. :p LOL.

Yep. Better to donate it to someone as bro PeacefulHumanity said. I gave off a few, a few more are left off. InshaAllah will get rid of them soon. :)

Peace

Yeah, I agree. When people start burning or cutting up their clothes it tends to worry non-Muslim family members.
Or when you throw out book dust jackets, stuffed animals, paintings. Also a red-flag for them. *sigh*

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum;

illogical it still is to me - like we would help and encourage those whose still are non-muslims to make something what is sinful for us, when we should help and encourage them to avoid sins and help they too find islam. But you have right to see these matters by different way, naturally.

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Assalam Alaikum!

I second sister harb. The best among us are those who wish the same for his fellow brothers. How can we give something for charity which we don’t need for ourselves? Can we call it as a sadakah for the sake of Allah?

Let’s do justice to ourselves.Insha Allah

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Salam alaykum;

illogical it still is to me - like we would help and encourage those whose still are non-muslims, when we should help and encourage them to avoid sins and help they too find islam. But you have right to see these matters by different way, naturally.

Assalam Alaikum!

I second sister harb. The best among us are those who wish the same for his fellow brothers. How can we give something for charity which we don’t need for ourselves? Can we call it as a sadakah for the sake of Allah?

Let’s do justice to ourselves.Insha Allah

Bismillah.
AssalaamuAlaikum.

JazakAllah Khair to both of you.
And I stand corrected. That's why I Allah(SWT) gave me such sisters, who can hit on my head and correct me. Alhamdulilah. :)

John Smith

I have a Boutique in mens & womenswear and over the years i have decide buying against brands that have images of human,Religiuos symbols & animals on thier products.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I found this sort of related Q&A from Islamqa:

My husband gets gifted with Movie Tickets from his Office on the basis of work performance. Alhamdullilah we do not watch Movies. Is it permissible for him to give it to his non-muslim collegues at work or should we just throw them away.

Praise be to Allaah.

We praise Allah for having enabled you to adhere to His laws and for having guided you to that which is in your best interests. As for movies, if they include haraam things such as showing women with adornments, music and alcohol, it is not permissible to watch them. That has been discussed previously in the answer to question no. 125535, 114707 and 85232

Just as it is not permissible for a Muslim to watch movies that include haraam things, it is not permissible for him to help other people to do so, even if the other person is a non-Muslim, because the minor issues of sharee‘ah are also addressed to the disbelievers, as we have explained in the answer to question no. 140550. So what is forbidden to the Muslim is also forbidden to the disbeliever, and he will be punished for that in addition to the punishment for disbelief (kufr).

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: It is not permissible for a man to help anyone else in disobeying Allah, even if that person does not believe that it is a sin, such as helping the disbelievers to acquire alcohol and pork.

End quote from al-Fataawa al-Kubra, 6/282

What your husband should do is destroy the tickets or try to return to the company and take something else instead. This ruling of destroying the item applies to every reprehensible thing that comes into the possession of a Muslim, if he cannot make use of it in a permissible manner, as in the case of musical instruments, books of witchcraft and innovation (bid‘ah), cigarettes and haraam images. See the answer to questions no. 152192 and 13634

Your husband should seek reward with his Lord for what he is going to do, and he will find compensation for his action in this world, in the form of the sweetness of faith in his heart – in sha Allah – then he will find great reward for his action when he meets his Lord, as we should think positively of our Lord, may He be exalted, and believe that He will honour the one who gives up something for His sake.

And Allah knows best.

I tried to follow the links to further questions but the relevant ones don't work.

Anyway. We can't give those imaged clothes to others. And so we come back to the original question: What can be done to them?

Can we cut them up now?

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Hadith 7.838 (Al-Bukhari Hadith)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Narrated by Ayesha(r.a)
Allah's Apostle returned from a journey when I had placed a curtain of mine having pictures over (the door of) a chamber of mine. When Allah's Apostle saw it, he tore it and said, "The people who will receive the severest punishment on the Day of Resurrection will be those who try to make the like of Allah's creations." So we turned it (i.e., the curtain) into one or two cushions. (Narrated by Ayesha)laced a curtain of mine having pictures over (the door of) a chamber of mine. When Allah's Apostle saw it, he tore it and said, "The people who will receive the severest punishment on the Day of Resurrection will be those who try to make the like of Allah's creations." So we turned it (i.e., the curtain) into one or two cushions.

Why dont we do the same? lets cut them up and use it for some other purpose insha Allah

- - - Updated - - -

Hadith 7.838 (Al-Bukhari Hadith)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Narrated by Ayesha(r.a)
Allah's Apostle returned from a journey when I had placed a curtain of mine having pictures over (the door of) a chamber of mine. When Allah's Apostle saw it, he tore it and said, "The people who will receive the severest punishment on the Day of Resurrection will be those who try to make the like of Allah's creations." So we turned it (i.e., the curtain) into one or two cushions. (Narrated by Ayesha)laced a curtain of mine having pictures over (the door of) a chamber of mine. When Allah's Apostle saw it, he tore it and said, "The people who will receive the severest punishment on the Day of Resurrection will be those who try to make the like of Allah's creations." So we turned it (i.e., the curtain) into one or two cushions.

Why dont we do the same? lets cut them up and use it for some other purpose insha Allah

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Salam alaykum

We need also to respect those whose have gave them to us (specially if they are our parents). Even we should try to explain to family why not we don´t like to use them and why better give next time something without pictures?

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member

It is already too late for me as I already cleared out my clothing. Fortunately, a number of favourite items I was able to remove the logo. Oddly though, a kurta I bought online arrived with a picture on the label, at least it was easy to snip out.

I still have this dilemma with music. I have a pile of CDs in the corner gathering dust. I could use the money I would get if I list them online, if I ever take the time to do that, but exactly, isn't that encouraging someone else to listen to music? So they just sit there while I can't decide what to do

Hopetogoparadis

It is already too late for me as I already cleared out my clothing. Fortunately, a number of favourite items I was able to remove the logo. Oddly though, a kurta I bought online arrived with a picture on the label, at least it was easy to snip out.

I still have this dilemma with music. I have a pile of CDs in the corner gathering dust. I could use the money I would get if I list them online, if I ever take the time to do that, but exactly, isn't that encouraging someone else to listen to music? So they just sit there while I can't decide what to do

Just throw the CD's away with garbage and if you want you can put the plastic coverings in a place so maybe you can use them or maybe someone will collect the plastic parts for recycle.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
They might looks nice: use them decorations like cut them pieces and make mosaic mirror or picture frames (for some islamic calligraphy) or something like.

:SMILY149:

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Salam alaykum

We need also to respect those whose have gave them to us (specially if they are our parents). Even we should try to explain to family why not we don´t like to use them and why better give next time something without pictures?

Bismillah
Walaikumassalaam,

I so wish I could sister. But unfortunately, if I open my mouth about Islam or anything related to it. I might end up standing in firing range and the bullets will be my mother's words. I do respect what my relatives get for me, I still have them. But I refrain from wearing them. Of late, my aunt got me a t-shirt with X-MEN characters on them. For a second, I felt I was back in school :p LOL!!

By the way, a little off the topic. I read in one of the threads that, you invited brothers & sisters to your BIG HOUSE. Is the invitation still on? Do I get to jump in your bed like a kid? :lol:

Peace.

afrarzk

احبك ىارب

The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us an important principle when he said: “When Allaah forbids a thing, He (also) forbids its price.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 3488; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Ghaayat al-Maraam, 318.

So when Allah forbids listening to music, are we supposed to sell those CDs just for a few pennies?
Will that money be halal?

Let’s take a step back and think about it.Insha Allah

May Allah guide all of us to the staight path and forgive us for our mistakes.Ameen ya rabb